Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Piman2k's Track S14A - Powered by Full Race / Borg Warner / Mazworx

Rides
    any updates?

Rides
    Hey Nash,

Not really mate no, Lohrspeed took the car home from Unit 18 on a lowloader about 6 weeks ago and it's sat quietly under a cover in my garage at the moment while I wait and decide what I want to do.

In short, it starts and idles in a manner of speaking, but needs 100% fuel injector duty just to idle. And these are ID 1000cc injectors so somethings obviously awry.

I had to stop spending money on parts and services back then because the cam belt on my daily car snapped spectacularly and without warning, forcing me to fork out to buy a more modern and reliable daily car.

In the meantime, I just need to find someone with mechanical AND ECU / map / calibration expertise to give H15 the once over and figure out what's up. Actual Ben Taylor was kind enough to put me in touch with APT who have said that they can help if I need it, BLAKTOOTH and T2_LEE_G have both reccomended MB Automotive and of course H-Dev is popular with just about everyone. So it's not hard to find someone to diagnose it, it's just a matter of spending money. And at the moment, I'm really quite enjoying putting money away in the bank each month and even booked a holiday

It's a shame though, I booked Donington Park in September in anticipation of getting going again, and it's been 14 months since I drove it! But these things are how they are.
    Last edited by piman2k; 24-07-2014 at 11:46.

Rides
    I'll come take a look if you like mate?

Rides
    Man that sucks

I was really excited to see how the borg performed

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    I'll come take a look if you like mate?
    I'm not one to turn down offers of help at all mate, but it's quite a long way for you to come. The garage is all the way over near Bedford town, not Milton Keynes. I still owe you a few bevvies from the fuel gauge take off, but I need to get a new hose made for it anyway. If you fancy the trip, I'd certainly appreciate the help, I haven't touched it in weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Man that sucks I was really excited to see how the borg performed
    It's far from over, just on hold

Rides
    So what is the theory on the injectors needing 100%?

Rides
    I don't know bud. Last time I checked there was correct fuel pressure, no probs with the supply. That's why I'm stumped.

Rides
    I know your not keen but if you had said you was still having problems before I build my motor up I could have lent you my deatschwerks as I have a feeling the problem would have gone away at that point

Have you spoked to ID?

Rides
    They're a fairly common upgrade over here, what makes you think the DW's would sort it?

Rides
    You had the fuel pump out yet?

Rides
    Not yet Ben, haven't gotten around to it. But it's brand new in.

Rides
    the IDs was the right size but the tuners had a load of problems with the fuel system the injectors were maxing at 200hp under the rating but it was as if they didn't have enough fuel so I changed the 2 044s(as they was second hand) for a brand new Aeromotive which upper the fuel pressure which could run up to 1100hp but that made the problem worst if anything the car started cutting out. to cut a long story short the ecu went off for testing, then wiring replaced. then the german guys(was Running out of ideas at that point) installed a set of deatschwerks off another car changed the injector plugs loaded a base map changed the injector settings and it ran better than I've ever known tho the gearbox went bang about 3 hours later on the dyno. I'm back on the 044s but with brand new deatschwerks now it runs perfectly.

I don't know the ins and outs like you I like the fab and building part not the techy bits.

I haven't had chance to dyo or drive it as had to make huge changes to the fire wall and tunnel for the new gearbox and I've gone for a single borg warner S366 to replace the twins then I got lazy and a bit fed up of it so its sat for a few weeks.

Rides
    Hmmmm. That's interesting information. On paper, my spec isn't particularly complicated with ID 1000's, Aeromotive Pump, Nismo Regulator and a Power FC D-Jetro. I'm certain that this is a combination other people use without problems. The only other thing I can remember is I briefly had a fuel leak at the back of the car due to a perished pipe but that's been corrected I'm told. That said, I still had the right pressure at the rail last time I checked (fitting has been removed now).

Rides
    Update time

Actual Ben stopped round to help me out which I very much appreciated. Ran through some checks with me to see what might be up and showed me a heap of things in the Power FC. After half an hour or so he noticed the TPS and water temp sensor voltages were maxed out meaning the car always thought it was on WOT and red hot.

Bought a new TPS from DB Dan and a new coolant sensor from eBay but decided to check first. Bought a multimeter from Maplin, downloaded the wiring diagrams and test procedures and spent a few evenings in the garage.

Resistance on the sensors all checked out fine, even through the varying throttle angles. Power to the sensors was also fine but couldn't get continuity on the earths on the engine harness. Traced through the loom all the way to the ECU and found the common earth wire for the TPS and Water at pin 21 had been cut off.

Bought some wiring stuff, repaired the cut harness and voila, water temp voltage optimal but TPS still at 0.8v, 0.2v over spec. Tried to adjust it to find the fuel rail fitting installed isn't correct and fouls the bottom TPS adjuster. Removed the throttle body to get to the TPS and also noticed there was also a bolt missing from that.

(Thank you to BLAKTOOTH for sending me a picture of his working PFC sensor read outs to compare to).

Adjusted the TPS to 0.5v, refitted the throttle body with a new gasket (new bolt on order from Nissan) and reinitialised the Power FC. Set the injectors to 50%, turned off the boost control kit option (using AVCR) and adjusted the idle settings to around 1k on Ben's helpful advice.

Houston, we have a starter!

At the moment the idle is all over the place and it's incredibly rich. I am trying to get it to self learn even with some throttle but it's still jumpy. The ignition timing is 15 at start and anywhere from 20-30 as the idle hops around. After 15 minutes and reaching 89 degrees the idle is still not stable, but at least it's going.

The next step I can think of is checking the rest of the PFC wiring then the timing manually but I don't know how to do this, so this will need cleverer people than I. There is also a serious question about my cam timing outstanding that I am not certain about to answer first and I still have a very minor fuel leak that needs attention.

Good news though, almost there The Borg looks and sounds fierce on spool down
    Last edited by piman2k; 16-08-2014 at 23:55.

Rides
    what a car. Love your attention to detail. The external WG exhaust setup is fully awesome!

Rides
    Great work ryan thats awesome news
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Get it to Martin

Rides
    Great to hear other sxoc'ers stepping in to help.
    Let's hope all the other issues iron out too.

Rides
    I'm so glad its running I said it would be something silly as it normally is.

if you get it mapped at protuner let me know as I would love to see your car.

Rides
    Good to see you back in the game again Ryan.