Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Piman2k's Track S14A - Powered by Full Race / Borg Warner / Mazworx

Rides
    very intresting build with alot of effort put in

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj82 View Post
    Awesome write up mate. I even forgot there was a piece of my car on yours! Haha.
    Love how the car has come out, you should be very proud.

Cheers Aj
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave270R View Post
    Cool blog, a lot of work gone into it
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-ctr View Post
    very intresting build with alot of effort put in
    Kind words appreciated guys, all paying off now. Taking the car out this weekend so looking forward to some more (road) seat time until I book a track day next month!

Rides
    If you're in MK give me a shout mate, would love a passenger ride

Rides
    i like
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Alex, I'm picking it up on Friday so I can clean it up and repaint the interior Saturday. Come down to the G-UNIT-UNIT.

Cheers Ben

Rides
    Fantastic blog and some truly outstanding work on the paint-correction side of things - looks amazing

Rides
    Sadly ironic though as I resprayed the car huh

Rides
    awsum cant wait to have a look on sunday passenger ride too?

Rides
    It's on static display at the open day, but if you hang on into the afternoon I'm sure we can go for a quick blat. Hopefully I'll have had chance to tidy up inside a bit by then too!

Rides
    Very strange reading that! I'm Ross's wee cousin and used to do some repairs on it!
    and I'm the passenger in the knock hill lap!

So glad it's went to someone who's looked after it so well!

Rides
    Great blog fella, read the whole lot.

You must be well chuffed with the result, was definitely worth all the hard work, planning and dramas I'd say

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Very strange reading that! I'm Ross's wee cousin and used to do some repairs on it! and I'm the passenger in the knock hill lap!

So glad it's went to someone who's looked after it so well!
    Lol, small world. Thanks mate, tho I hope you guys weren't responsible for the intercooler pipe run

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Great blog fella, read the whole lot.

You must be well chuffed with the result, was definitely worth all the hard work, planning and dramas I'd say
    Absolutely over the moon mate. Still plenty to do, coming up on a fluid change and still need to fit the gauges and AEM but seriously blown away. After two years of my daily it's so nice to have a proper car back!

Rides
    Lol, no i wasn't. I was only an apprentice, so any work was just basic stuff, don't think i done anything on the intercooler.

Funny really, i was clearing out old parts the other day and found the old split coolant feed pipe for the turbo!

Rides
    Haha, you can keep that as a souvenir!!

Rides
    Thought I might pop a small update here.

Car has gone away for winter now for a couple of reasons: to save it getting salty and crusty with the winter roads and to keep it special for me and trackdays.

After 1,000 miles of validation the following small points are all that need to be addressed:

• Installation of customised front arch liners to stop ingress of stones into door cavity
    • Installation of oil catch can to reduce oil mist escaping through cylinder head breather
    • Adjustment of map to include -2 degrees ignition setting (was unable to road test map on mapping session)
    For a freshly built car, that's pretty outstanding. Kudos to www.unit18.co.uk

Over the winter/early spring I intend to fit plastic mesh into the fascia to cover the front body structure, remove the DW bushes from the lower arms and replace with Powerflex and potentially have another, better dashboard flocked. Specifically something like a non touring unit. There's a fluid change needed on the diff now and I guess we'll probably switch out the engine and transmissin fluids soon as well.

Then the next item on my list will be revised transmission since we have discovered I have a very vocal 4th gear
    Last edited by piman2k; 02-11-2011 at 07:10.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Crouchy is selling a non-touring (minus passenger airbag) dash in the FS section as I type this if that's of any use?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    4 gear... Got solid diff bushes out of interest ..?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Crouchy is selling a non-touring (minus passenger airbag) dash in the FS section as I type this if that's of any use?
    Thanks mate, I'm in no rush and given the disaster that was posting the steering wheel he bought from me I shall probably hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    4 gear... Got solid diff bushes out of interest ..?
    I have indeed. Had this before?

Rides
    Yes dude. noticed this noise when off the throttle in 4th after fitting the solid diff bushes

Along with a few over at zilvia.. not looked into it much, but seems its to do with drive being 1:1 when in 4th

My box is still going strong on my old sr s13 and that was like it for a year (not sure how long before) and box still working fine in a mates car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    Yes dude. noticed this noise when off the throttle in 4th after fitting the solid diff bushes

Along with a few over at zilvia.. not looked into it much, but seems its to do with drive being 1:1 when in 4th
    Interesting. My box very occassionally crunches going into 4th, and I mean very occassionally, but I put this down to my error usually.

What I get is a massively load almost moaning sound from the box as I lift off the throttle in 4th. Under load it's generally quite quiet. Was that the same for you and the Zilvia guys?