Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 EM stuff to do.

Rides

2012 EM stuff to do.

Who wants to do what next year? This year has been very quiet with the EM masses going into hibernation (apart from the normal half dozen) so I want to get more folk interested and more importantly involved.

I'm going to organise a post Xmas tenpin bowling get together in January.

Hopefully there will be a bit of Karting. A cunning plan was hatched to have a combined local area event as we have some good tracks near us.

I need some more ideas from you all, so over to you........................

The List

1) Bowling
    2) Inter area karting
    3) Camping weekend
    4) Drives out
    5) BBQ at Teggers
    6) The Rutland Water meets for all of the area
    7) Banger racing at Brafield

Regular meets WILL happen!
    Last edited by skid solo; 17-11-2011 at 23:46.

Rides
    I want to have a working 200 in 2011 no chance of theat happening though.

Id love to be able to be more involved with local events and meets but just dont have the oppotunity. My wife and daughter like to keep me on my toes and with another one on the way that wont change much for a little while. Also not having a working 200 sort makes me feel thats its not worth going to a lot of things, I know thats bad . I would of gone to teggers meet if I had a working car but doesnt feel right turning up in a shed of a ford KA, TBH I dont even know if it would get me to a lot of places.

Once my car is up and running Ill defo attend more events/meets but that is a long way off TBH.

Rides
    camping trip at witham and blues
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    I want to have a working 200 in 2011 no chance of theat happening though.

Id love to be able to be more involved with local events and meets but just dont have the oppotunity. My wife and daughter like to keep me on my toes and with another one on the way that wont change much for a little while. Also not having a working 200 sort makes me feel thats its not worth going to a lot of things, I know thats bad . I would of gone to teggers meet if I had a working car but doesnt feel right turning up in a shed of a ford KA, TBH I dont even know if it would get me to a lot of places.

Once my car is up and running Ill defo attend more events/meets but that is a long way off TBH.
    I can appreciate your plight, but don't let not having a working 200 put you off joining in. Most folk have other transport that they turn up to meets and events in and most of the staff seem to be driving different motors these days. You would be more than welcome to anything we do 200 or not

Quote Originally Posted by Fake Ben Taylor View Post
    camping trip at witham and blues
    Hell yeah. I shall start investigating dates for a trip in the new year

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skid solo View Post
    I can appreciate your plight, but don't let not having a working 200 put you off joining in. Most folk have other transport that they turn up to meets and events in and most of the staff seem to be driving different motors these days. You would be more than welcome to anything we do 200 or not
    just to re-iterate this - i havent had a working 200 for over four years now yet still turn up too as many events as possible and have a laugh ive turned up in everything from nissan patrols to rusty, wobbly wheeld golfs and dented snot green c2 vtrs
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    I will sort a BBQ at my place when the weathers better. All sorts to do here too - got a ping-pong table, bow and arrows, various other outdoorsy stuff. I might even get my garage built by next summer so will be able to offer a decent space for people to work on their cars if need be.

Karting sounds good. Track days too when I get the Nissan sorted out (this might be some time as there are quite a few other things to do first!)

How about a few drive-outs? Some good roads here - would be nice to get together for a drive just for the fun of it, intended destination or not!

Rides
    How about a trip to santa pod? Drift what ya brung or run what ya brung session??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    I will sort a BBQ at my place when the weathers better. All sorts to do here too - got a ping-pong table, bow and arrows, various other outdoorsy stuff. I might even get my garage built by next summer so will be able to offer a decent space for people to work on their cars if need be.

Karting sounds good. Track days too when I get the Nissan sorted out (this might be some time as there are quite a few other things to do first!)

How about a few drive-outs? Some good roads here - would be nice to get together for a drive just for the fun of it, intended destination or not!
    I will hold you to the BBQ

Drives out are going to happen again as the one to Skeggy was good. Run to the coast is a winner for us who live miles from any sea.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DoonanS14A View Post
    How about a trip to santa pod? Drift what ya brung or run what ya brung session??
    I will look into it but when I used to DWYB it was more of a book your place directly with the organisers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Ben Taylor View Post
    just to re-iterate this - i havent had a working 200 for over four years now yet still turn up too as many events as possible and have a laugh ive turned up in everything from nissan patrols to rusty, wobbly wheeld golfs and dented snot green c2 vtrs
    Even a Patrol towing a 200

Rides
    How about going to Brafield to watch some banger racing. They have regular meets there and a full programs of destruction!

Rides
    paintballing? em vs hc?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_s13 View Post
    paintballing? em vs hc?
    Good shout, it has been tried various times to get teams together but it never seems to happen. (things will happen in 2012 )

Rides
    Why didn't the last one go ahead? Can't remember

Rides

guest!

happy new year peeps!!! just wondering if guests are allowed to turn up to any of your get togethers... or are they for members only? thank you to everyone who helped me out with advice last year by the way!

Rides
    anyone can turn up "craftygoblin" you dont have to be a member!

Rides
    cool! thanks for letting me know! well if the dragon lady permits me, i'll hopefully see you guys at a few meets! cheers!

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Dragon lady? Your other half doesn't come on here then... (Mine comes with me to meets - whether this is to be socialble or to keep an eye on my I'm uncertain!)

Rides
    no way! my other half don't read this stuff! if she did, i'd be a dead man! any woman that can pull a 16st man clear across the bedroom with his tummy bananna alone.... well lets just say i do as i'm told!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by craftygoblin View Post
    no way! my other half don't read this stuff! if she did, i'd be a dead man!
    Best get your bucket and sponge ready then, Gaz, i can feel a free car wash coming on !

Unless of course you don't mind me blabbing !!!!