Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Black beasty

Rides
    Panda car

What Tyre sizes did you go for? have you get a decent straight tyre wall?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Looking awesome Lee...........Those white arch's though. put some stickers on at least .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post

??
    Lol! Yes it needs paint. I know. Not long now hopefully.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    Panda car

What Tyre sizes did you go for? have you get a decent straight tyre wall?
    265 35 18 Dunlops, my old ones. They sit square but the lip on the new rim kind of gives the illusion of stretch.

Rides

Finally found the time at the weekend to fit my SRB Power Carbon Fibre boot, goose! After hours of marking and measuring and checking and rechecking it's on!?! Armed with the right tools it's not a particularly difficult job. However, you only get one shot at getting the holes in the right place so I did not want to cock it up. The boot is an exact replica of the original stock item so fit is spot on. The new boot must be at least half the weight of the original which is pretty god damn heavy on its own. Along with the hinges, springs and boot release/lock I'd guess at something like a 5kg+ weight saving. Plus I can actually use the boot again now
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 05-07-2017 at 07:43.

Rides
    Awesome work Lee. Looks really good buddy. Loving the carbon boot with carbon wing combo.

Rides
    Aero update!

It's very much all about the gurney! Plus the bonnet raisers are gone

Stumbled upon this (interesting read): https://robrobinette.com/S2000Aerodynamics.htm

Inspiration:

Last week at work:

The eagle eyed among you may have noticed I've gone a little gurney mad. I have a small one on the rear edge of the BGW and I now have them on the front of the wheel arches and shortly the boot lip spoiler will also receive one. They're great for deflecting air in the direction you want without creating much drag. As you can see I have a dirty great big rear wing mounted solidly to the rear quarters and a, 75kg tested, front splitter. Both of which should help generate a little downforce on circuit. The wheel arch gurney/splitter dams should eliminate some drag by deflecting air away from the wheels. I've seen this done on a fair few track/race car's and is mentioned in the article above. I've also blanked off most of one side of my front bumper and will do the same to the other side as another drag reduction exercise. The gaping great big hole in the centre is enough to feed the IC/Rad and the vented bonnet should exhaust that air, hopefully. Right now I'm inclined to resist the urge to make a rear diffuser as I'm not sure it's totally necessary especially as I don't and won't be running a flat floor. Plus I'd need to get the exhaust out of the way and I quite like my Titanium Apexi. The idea of a flat boot floor and half bumper has crossed my mind though
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 27-10-2017 at 06:32.

Rides
    been watching this evolve into a mean looking time attack beasty since I got my white 14a 2011 ,
    if I was keeping the 14a long term it I would have gone something like this with it, give me some ideas for my 13 though
    like the way the wing is mounted and the aerocatch's and studs/pins idea looks really nice
    I had some fiberglass doors (4.5 kgs each) and frp rear hatch with a frp rear window infill (4.0 kgs hatch and window) turn up this week for the 13
    sort of why viewed thread for ideas
    huge weight saving,I have a 'Thing' about weight reduction so worth every penny
    ,previous weigh in and calculations it will be around 990>975 kgs with a cage

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    been watching this evolve into a mean looking time attack beasty since I got my white 14a 2011 ,
    if I was keeping the 14a long term it I would have gone something like this with it, give me some ideas for my 13 though
    like the way the wing is mounted and the aerocatch's and studs/pins idea looks really nice
    I had some fiberglass doors (4.5 kgs each) and frp rear hatch with a frp rear window infill (4.0 kgs hatch and window) turn up this week for the 13
    sort of why viewed thread for ideas
    huge weight saving,I have a 'Thing' about weight reduction so worth every penny
    ,previous weigh in and calculations it will be around 990>975 kgs with a cage
    Thank you! A lot of hard work's gone into this over the years and it keeps evolving. I love it and can't bring myself to get rid. Even though I'm old. And married. And have 3 children. And have no money, ha!

All about the power to weight. I would love me some lightweight doors. Your 13 sounds like it's coming along nicely. Under a ton is quite an achievement. Mine tipped the scales at 1230 kgs a while back but can't see it being much lighter now. If I went crazy I reckon 1100 could be done but that would take some effort and coin.
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 28-10-2017 at 10:15.

Rides
    the 13 is a long way off being done and nothing like your fine looking example with an impressive list of high end expensive parts
    will check back for up dates and progress

Rides
    You need a pic next to that sick black PS13 that also parks in the car park

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    You need a pic next to that sick black PS13 that also parks in the car park

Rides
    It's not actually mine, it's my mate's who sent me a pic of your car the other day haha

Rides
    Nice update!!

1230kg seems to be a pretty decent weight.

Only problem with fiber glass doors and the inevitable poly windows is the wind finds it way under the plastic window and the open up when driving above 70mph! (infact just like its doing on the picture of the Black R34 above)

Rides

Ditch finders or bargain? Only one way to find out. At less than £100 per tyre, why not?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    Nice update!!

1230kg seems to be a pretty decent weight.

Only problem with fiber glass doors and the inevitable poly windows is the wind finds it way under the plastic window and the open up when driving above 70mph! (infact just like its doing on the picture of the Black R34 above)
    little thread hijack to reply
    ,,,yea that was a concern being frameless so to stop that happening I'm making a tubular aluminum frame that follows the windows outer edge
    with multiple tabs for bolts to secure to the poly
    the ends of the frame will go into the door 100mm or so and be 'glassed in' then 2 or 3 vertical rods from the frame upper to the top of door inner skin
    same stylee as many door slammer drag cars, it won't be draught free most likely

annnd back to the thread , them tyres look worth a try,if they are half decent I may be able to get them bit cheaper

Rides
    Been a busy man so no updates for a while and I'm afraid this one's not fantastic, soz. Good news is I have a new manifold. Made to my specification in a bid to eliminate boost creep and regain boost control. Check out that cast merge collector! The teardrop design on the outside and the shallow merge peak on the inside should now provide the WG with a generous amount of exhaust gases thus allowing precise control of the boost, again.

bad news is it ain't fitted yet as it requires the WG gubbins and DP to be aligned and welded.

The good news is that didn't prevent me from doing an open pit evening at ye ol' Brands Hatch a fews weeks ago. The rain spoilt the party 30 mins in but the dry start with an instructor by my side was great! Having an instructor tell you how to tackle certain tricky corners is invaluable. I urge anyone that goes on track to do it, no matter how experienced and competent you are. Black flagged for noise though and just as I was starting to pick up the pace but that coincided nicely with the downpour. I did venture back out, after installing a decat silencer, but the track was so greasy we tip-toed around for a few laps and then called it a day. Even the GT3 was struggling for purchase as I found out when we synchronize drifted coming onto the back straight. I'd like to report back on the Zestino tyres but I literally only managed about 12 dry laps and 6 wet ones so they're barely scrubbed in. What I do know is the brakes need a refresh. They felt very wooden. A pad and fluid change is the remedy. Other than that the car felt amazing. A well setup 200 is a quick car. If I were a better driver that thing would be thrashing everything. The power delivery is insane and so so smooth, thank you Magic Martin at MB Automotive.

Still needs paint.
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 21-08-2018 at 10:27.

Rides
    Manifolds a work of art!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Manifolds a work of art!
    Let's hope it works as well as it looks this time.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Did you get the apw manifold modified then? Any other issues with the design other than the gate design?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Great build mate, looking awesome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk