Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wilwoods - experiences/opinions

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    They cant be repaired just incase you missed my project thread update
    Ah, I hadn't seen that update .

That's a bummer. Are they all dead?

Rides
    I'm going with GTR brembos just getting the big brake kit for the front off DBpower when hes finished the kit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    Or KSports
    You do me a set for the same price as the wilwood kit and you can have my money, cost is prohibitive especially as i could do with recouping as much as possible by selling my current stuff

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Ah, I hadn't seen that update .

That's a bummer. Are they all dead?
    Not dead, just that 2 aren't quite fully round anymore. They hold air fine and balance up nicely (I ran them for a while last yr. I was just going to wacky my ad08's on them and run them as track rims tbh

Rides

Rides
    Not dead, just that 2 aren't quite fully round anymore. They hold air fine and balance up nicely (I ran them for a while last yr. I was just going to wacky my ad08's on them and run them as track rims tbh
    Ah right coolio. Be good to double check to see if they do clear my 356mm's.

Rides
    You do me a set for the same price as the wilwood kit and you can have my money, cost is prohibitive especially as i could do with recouping as much as possible by selling my current stuff
    Ive just had a look, Dans offering some cheap kits there. Much as Id like to I couldnt possibly go that low, Id be losing on them.

Rides
    I have the wilwood 345mm setup on my s14a with z32 rear setup.

I'd like some advice on what pads/tyres/alignment setups people are using because I'm not happy with mine. The brake setup was already on the car when I bought it but ever time I do any slightly harder breaking they lock up at any speed. I haven't confirmed but I believe it has yellow stuff pads which I know isn't a great start... the ABS is still installed and the light comes on with the ignition...

Advice from anyone with the same setup?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cr33ch View Post
    I have the wilwood 345mm setup on my s14a with z32 rear setup.

I'd like some advice on what pads/tyres/alignment setups people are using because I'm not happy with mine. The brake setup was already on the car when I bought it but ever time I do any slightly harder breaking they lock up at any speed. I haven't confirmed but I believe it has yellow stuff pads which I know isn't a great start... the ABS is still installed and the light comes on with the ignition...

Advice from anyone with the same setup?
    i have put up a thread earlier today about what to check if ABS isn't working because my Wilwood set up locks up all the time, i assumed (perhaps wrongly) that my ABS is goosed

I've had no end of issues with my brakes..which turned out to be something absolutely ridiculous but the severe brake wobble it had has been eradicated but not before spending 00's trying to find a solution to the problem.

as for Yellowstuff pads, i dismissed these but they simply didn't stop the car but because of the problem outlined above these where quickly removed, there is every possibility they are an OK pad

Rides
    I've got the 330s on the front with z32 on back!! Very powerfull brakes but are quite noisy when there hot.

Rides
    That's another thing to add I'm using a z32 brake servo and if I do use the brakes heavily they squeak like mad, but I put this down to incorrect pads...

Rides
    A simple list of what I had with mine.

Good points.
    Work well even from cold with yellow stuffs
    Light.
    Cheap for pads etc.

Bad points
    Creak like mad.
    Wear pads unevenly
    Squeak with some pads
    Eats discs with the wilwood pads

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M.D. View Post
    Eats discs with the wilwood pads
    I've been using Wilwood Smart pads for best part of 18months and I've noticed any problems with the disks, the dust however is filled with particles of metal which cover the lips of my wheels..and start to rust fairly quickly.

mine didnt creak but the clicking they made got right on my tits

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    I've been using Wilwood Smart pads for best part of 18months and I've noticed any problems with the disks, the dust however is filled with particles of metal which cover the lips of my wheels..and start to rust fairly quickly.

mine didnt creak but the clicking they made got right on my tits
    mine were on the minimum thickness for the discs in just over a year and after 18 months they were as good as scrap, the grooves had warn away completely

Rides
    Yeah same as me! They do eat discs quickly that's for sure, but that's the yellow stuffs!

I have wilwoods and 330mm discs, mine creak also and hugh,(not such a fun real name) I have the sane abs issue, my wilwoods lock up very very easily! Too easily Infact!

However, I do really like them, don't like yellow stuffs though!