Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1996 S14.5 build

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    That is looking stunning, especially appreciate the work gone in to the front arches, look mint
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    in the words of the interwebs, MOOOOOOOOOOOOARRRRRRRRR!!!

Rides
    Little update.

After eventually ordering everything I need to get the car on the road bar skirts and rear bumper, The build has been coming along well.
    Engine has been painted up just for looks and is part way through a full service, I also have had a S15 turbo to replace the dead standard t28 and allow me to gain a little more power but a problem was soon to appear.
    I have hit a big problem with the 100mm rad that I never saw before buying it or until it was fitted. It is a universal rad and dose not line up with anything be it fixings or pipework.
    I eventually got it fixed in place with custom brackets just to find the rad outlets were both in the wrong place and would mean either crossing water pipes taking up the space I need for a fan or get the outlets cut off and rewelded in the correct position.
    So for now I am going to use the standard rad until I come up with a solution.
    That may be sell the rad and buy a proper one but I will have to think.

Will update with picks this weekend

Rides
    great build mate loving the attention to detail on the engine bay and arches

Rides
    Thanks guys

So today ive finally got the engine in at last after working till midnight and all this morning
    i struggled alot doing it on my own but managed not to scratch any paint.

here are some pics of the intercooler and stupid radiator once i fitted them

As mentioned i got a replacement S15 turbo (thanks Nick S15) it is in great condition.

So after tiding the engine bay i couldn't fit a tatty looking engine and as always i got carried away with the paint lol

also heat wrapped my manifold and painted up the rocker.

Engine in

got the turbo to fit still but waiting for some gaskets.

ive also had my projector lights that will do me for now until i get standard headlights next year
    Last edited by Gti-james; 16-12-2013 at 20:38.

Rides
    where did you get the projector lights from and how much were they?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mike85sx View Post
    where did you get the projector lights from and how much were they?
    Got them off eBay international from Taiwan, £250 including postage and import tax so were alot cheaper than standard lights. Do need some work to get them to fit tidy tho, but saying that I am fitting them to Fiberglass arches and bumper

Rides
    Time for a update

Been flat out on the car since last update and am making good progress on it. After fitting the engine i realised that i should of fitted the turbo before fitting the engine as it was a pain in the but after alot of effin' and jeffin' i got it fitted

I also got a full service kit for the engine from R.J. Auto, after which i did a compression test on the engine and had 9.8 Bar on all cylinder on a cold engine (throttle open and all plugs out) so will be higher when warm.

New spark plugs

Haven't yet started the engine as still yet to fit exhaust or radiator and need to run cable to relocate battery in the boot. have heard it run before so this dose not yet bother me.

Mean while my attention has turn to bodywork with the arrival of my side skirts and rear bumper and am extremely happy with the side skirts as the fitment is perfect and from what i see will need no work before paint

However the rear bumper not so good a fitment and it taking a fair bit of filler work aswell as ive started smoothing in the rear overfenders

Managed to drag a mate to help with the work as i hate bodywork

Rides
    You must be working around the clock on this thing you've done stacks of work since I dropped the turbo up you think your going to be ready for japfest?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK S15 View Post
    You must be working around the clock on this thing you've done stacks of work since I dropped the turbo up you think your going to be ready for japfest?
    Yea pretty much , I work on it every night after work and every weekend.
    I got the rear end in primer on Saturday and am aiming to have the rear end painted over the Easter weekend.
    I'm being held up by the bonnet as it is yet to arrive so have been unable to do any body work on the front end. It going to be cutting it close for japfest I think.

Rides
    Quick update.

After alot of filling and shaping i finished all the filler work on the rear bumper and arches.

The car was now ready to be masked up, a job ive always hated doing, so got my mate back to help as he used to work in a body shop so knows whats what.

masking done

Managed to get the rear of the car sprayed in high build primer lovely Beige. Will be constructing a frame out of wood and covering with plastic sheet when it comes to spray the base and clear. but for primer was not needed

Rides
    My Wilwood 345mm Brake kit also arrived Monday and are bigger than i thought

I quickly got them fitted which was easy as

Behind the wheel

Rides
    Good work, lots of progress for 2 pages!

Rides
    Epic build mate, i'll be up soon to have a gander

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Auto View Post
    Good work, lots of progress for 2 pages!
    Thanks. Been flat out

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
    Epic build mate, i'll be up soon to have a gander
    Thanks in advance for any help this weekend mate

Rides
    What an inspirationl rebuild,if only i had the mechanical knowledge have the time and space, cant waite to see the end resault, power to your elbow.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry View Post
    What an inspirationl rebuild,if only i had the mechanical knowledge have the time and space, cant waite to see the end resault, power to your elbow.
    Thank you, is enjoyable to rebuild your own car even tho I wish I bought a car already done most of the time.

Rides
    Wow, car looks great. Love the small details like the extended fuel flap, quality work! Im jealous and it makes me feel like my car is awful in comparison (which it is lol).

Keep up the good work

Rides
    As my deadline comes ever closer I've had the news that my carbon bonnet is going to be delayed again
    So because I need a bonnet to aline the front end I've had to cough up more cash and buy another bonnet.

I was lucky to find a Fiberglass Bonnet for sale on here and after a 450 mile round trip i had what I needed to carry on work.

Also gives me the option of having a painted or carbon bonnet fitted as I fancy.

My main job this weekend has been to get the car running.
    I had to first get some loose ends like modifying the oil return for The turbo and wiring up a electric fan Done.
    The car was ready to start and after sorting a fuel problem out it finally started.

Exhaust wrap has burnt a bit lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MaccyD View Post
    Wow, car looks great. Love the small details like the extended fuel flap, quality work! Im jealous and it makes me feel like my car is awful in comparison (which it is lol).

Keep up the good work
    I wish I didnt set myself a silly deadline as details are now unfortunately going to be bottom of the list. I'm having to cut corners with the bodywork and shiny bits under the bonnet just to get the car ready in time.
    Thanks for the positive feedback tho, helps ease the stress of the build lol