Thread: Racing with Nic Hamilton

Rides

Racing with Nic Hamilton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Driving_Seat/

Did anyone else catch this last night on BBC1?

I missed the first few minutes, but it was a good watch - about how Lewis' little brother is trying to get into racing.

I found it both inspiring and sad in equal measures - inspiring because Nic is trying to prove himself in the shadow of his brother, which would be tough enough for anyone (let alone for someone with Cerebral Palsy who was wheelchair bound until a few years ago), and isn't doing anything by half measures jumping straight into the Clio Cup series with some pretty seasoned drivers (inc. ex BTCC people). Sad because he was obviously beating himself up inside when he didn't get it quite right, and that his old man seemed to get really frustrated with him sometimes for not being as good as his Brother..

Rides
    Sky + it so will watch it tonight. Apparently jake Humphrey came up with the idea for that show. I actually see nic at my local karting track 2 months back, was really sad seeing him struggling to get inn and out of the kart, but the guy defently has some skills on the track. Wish him all luck, genuinely comes across as a nice guy.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I watched it, was a really good watch. Nick is quite an inspiration and think he can do a lot to help others with a similar condition It was good to see the bond between the brothers also
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Is it repeated at all?

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I watched it, was a really good watch. Nick is quite an inspiration and think he can do a lot to help others with a similar condition It was good to see the bond between the brothers also

Agreed

Rides
    Looks like it's on again on the 13th:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01d7kpj/broadcasts

Rides
    agree with you jonny, inspiring and sad. Having Lewis as a brother is a tough benchmark to match.

I thought it was great though and really good to see Nick giving it a go. He gets my full support with whatever he does with his life. It cannot be easy having CP yet being so determined to succeed.

Rides
    Was never a huge fan of Lewis at all but he came across very very well in it, seems genuinely nice and caring.

Nic does genuinely have some talent and with some more practice from what i seen could be there on his own merit in a year or so. What needs to happen is Lewis foot the bills if he can keep sponsors for repairs and tell the Dad to **** off. He was more scared and preoccupied about his dad and the bills than the race. The dad came across very very badly in it.

It was fairly inspirational and lewis and especially nic came across as nice sensitive types

Rides
    Must watch this as it sound very good , thanks for the heads up

Rides
    I just watched this on Iplayer - most enjoyable

Rides
    yep just finished watching it, recommend it to anyone apparently it got 2.1 million viewers last night

Rides
    Watching it now. Very inspirational.

Rides
    I have just watched it and thought it was really good. The family bond is exceptional and nice to see. I have always thought Lewis has true emotion in all manner of things, like his family and his racing. You could see how it can have a positive effect with his '08 championship year and a negative effect with his trouble with Nicole in '11.

I have never been a massive fan of AH but would disagree on some of the comments that have been posted as I think he showed genuine fair spirit in pushing Nic to better himself, whilst reminding him that he won't get any special favours than he has already got. The family have the money and contacts to allow Nic to race in a top flight series but Nic still has to prove his worth, else he might as well go club racing or stay behind the computer sim.

I hope Nic can improve again this year and battle midfield. Can't see him winning on outright pace, with the tough Clio Cup competition, but if your within spitting distance to the front then anything is possible if it all goes Pete Tong with the leaders.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Looks like it's on again on the 13th:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01d7kpj/broadcasts
    Thanks!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!