Thread: Sky insurance feedback - first time policy buyer

Rides

Sky insurance feedback - first time policy buyer

Hi everyone,

Just sorted my insurance out for this year with Sky through salesman Luke T, not posting his full name due to god knows who will read this.

He was a top chap on the phone, very polite & good banter too. Sorted everything out quickly, clearly & was able to understand/explain everything very clearly.

He sorted me out with a more or less identical policy to Flux for my 14a on a P reg '96er.

All mods done & declared:

• Full exhaust system front to back
    • Air filter
    • Lowering springs (30mm all round)
    • Manual boost controller
    • Works VS-XX wheels (17s)

Specifics:

• 23 year old male
    • KT (Surrey) postcode as that's where the car lives
    • 10k miles in a year
    • Value of car £3K
    • Factory NATS alarm
    • TPFT
    • 4 years NCB
    • 3 points for being on the dog & bone (2008), standard conviction £60/3 points
    • Second named driver

Sorted out my proof of drivers license over the phone & via emailed scanned images.
    Going to sort out my NCB proof later tonight with my renewal from flux.

Already had my temporary cover note through via email, means I can drive tonight

Sky beat my renewal with Flux by £10, nothing to scream about but Flux had given me the renewal without the MBC or 2nd driver added on, so a result overall I reckon.

Price all in was £894.

Paid a £200 deposit more or less, monthly installments of £81, very easily do-able.

A big high five & thank you to Luke & the people at Sky Insurance, so far a happy customer.

Rob

Rides
    Well.... i got bent over by them and was for some reason paying 650 pounds more than you.... even tho mine was more a less the same car as yours, i have 3 years more NCB than you and im 2 years older than you!!!

Anyway.... ironic that you posted this today as i hae just canceled my policy with them today to move to a different insurance company.

Guess its the same with every kind of company.... some people have good experiences with them, some people have bad ones....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stacky View Post
    Well.... i got bent over by them and was for some reason paying 650 pounds more than you.... even tho mine was more a less the same car as yours, i have 3 years more NCB than you and im 2 years older than you!!!
    Your risk profile could be totally different, eg he could live in a very low risk postcode, keep the car garaged, do 1000 miles per year. There is no point in comparing your risk to another.
    Call us on 01707 642552 or feel free to PM us via the forum

Check out our blog:

www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R/M View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just sorted my insurance out for this year with Sky through salesman Luke T, not posting his full name due to god knows who will read this.

He was a top chap on the phone, very polite & good banter too. Sorted everything out quickly, clearly & was able to understand/explain everything very clearly.

He sorted me out with a more or less identical policy to Flux for my 14a on a P reg '96er.

All mods done & declared:

• Full exhaust system front to back
    • Air filter
    • Lowering springs (30mm all round)
    • Manual boost controller
    • Works VS-XX wheels (17s)

Specifics:

• 23 year old male
    • KT (Surrey) postcode as that's where the car lives
    • 10k miles in a year
    • Value of car £3K
    • Factory NATS alarm
    • TPFT
    • 4 years NCB
    • 3 points for being on the dog & bone (2008), standard conviction £60/3 points
    • Second named driver

Sorted out my proof of drivers license over the phone & via emailed scanned images.
    Going to sort out my NCB proof later tonight with my renewal from flux.

Already had my temporary cover note through via email, means I can drive tonight

Sky beat my renewal with Flux by £10, nothing to scream about but Flux had given me the renewal without the MBC or 2nd driver added on, so a result overall I reckon.

Price all in was £894.

Paid a £200 deposit more or less, monthly installments of £81, very easily do-able.

A big high five & thank you to Luke & the people at Sky Insurance, so far a happy customer.

Rob

Thanks for the kind feedback, I have passed this on to Luke and he said to say thank you

Ollie
    Sky Insurance
    Call us on 01707 642552 or feel free to PM us via the forum

Check out our blog:

www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Insurance View Post
    Thanks for the kind feedback, I have passed this on to Luke and he said to say thank you

Ollie
    Sky Insurance

No dramas

Rides

my policy

I have just left adrain flux for you guys and i explained to luke the problems i had and he couldn't do enough for me.

I cant see how anyone has problems with these guys i rang up saved £421 and got all my paper work so in my eyes these guys are the best and i will be putting as much work there way as possible.

Cheers Luke i will ring you soon for a couple of other quotes

Chris