Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Driver Audi a4 Quattro Turbo Sport

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Daily Driver Audi a4 Quattro Turbo Sport

Last month I picked up a new daily off a mate for a great price to replace my trusty series 3 Landrover.

It's a limited edition Audi A4 1.8t Quattro Turbo Sport with 180bhp as standard. These cars were to celebrate the last of the b5 chassis and as such have a face lift and the later interior with half leather and climate control

Here is the car in question as I picked it up

And a gratuitous picture with the sx

I got it for cheap as it had/has a few issues. These were

.Boot sensor always showing as open - new boot catch solved this
    .Service light was on although the oil has just been changed - Fixed by a mate and his machine
    .Temp gauge not working - Fixed with a new sensor
    .Oil temp gauge not working - Fixed with the above sensor
    .Thermostat failed - Got a mate doing this on his lunch break soon
    .Couple of paint issues - Will sort myself in time

The plans are to bring it up to standard and then eventually get an s4 front bumper, have the bonnet resprayed and fit an rs4 grille I'm tempted by a remap as well but i've heard it'll only bring it up to 200bhp/ft lbs so not sure if it's worth the money.
    Last edited by Chriscooke; 14-04-2012 at 18:45.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Did the first mods on the exterior today

New lip spoiler

Not bad for £20 off the bay

I'm also currently looking at getting the spare set of wheels it came with powder coated satin black or graphite grey again but I can't decide
    Picture with the graphite rims fitted

1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    My boss used to have one of these when they were quite new. Nice solid cars, really well screwed together, but I found the driving experience a bit detached. Some stiffer bushes in the suspension arms might help a bit.

Some good cheap tuning options now with the old 1.8T

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It's by far an away the easiest to drive and most comfortable car I've ever driven. It has a lot of under steer but then thats an audi trait I guess. It's a little detached compared with the nissan but that's not really what i'm after from this one

Rides
    not a bad daily mate, good buy

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers buddy. Just been reading up on it and it seems its pretty much the same spec as an s4 but with the 1.8t engine and only a 5 speed box

Rides
    Your daily isn't supposed to be a project, Chris put the money into the 200!

Rides
    What's the MPG on these for a daily machine? Very tempted to get an 1.8t quattro avant but I know they do a 1.9tdi version but are super rare. So if the 1.8t isn't a guzzler then it would be easier to find.

Rides
    Book is 31mpg combined.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    Your daily isn't supposed to be a project, Chris put the money into the 200!
    ^^ This.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Not exactly spending mega money on this guys, just getting it up to scratch

The mpg is hi 20s currently but it needs a new stat so that will improve. I can see high 30's on the motorway

Rides
    I like this as a daily.
    I did the same. Bought my Gen 7 Celica and then bought the Dynamic pack splitter and skirts.
    Just so it was acceptable for me to drive. lol

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers mate. It's a decent daily for sure, nice to be able to get friends in the car and not worry about grounding out, tyres rubbing etc. it got five of us to the bsb at thruxton on Sunday with no dramas at all

Rides
    Love these, one of the nicest B5 A4's i think. Economy isnt too bad, ive got the 150bhp 2wd one, done 197,000 miles and still comfy as hell on long journeys. On motorways can get anywhere between 32 and 39 mpg depending if im doing 65-70 or if I'm going a bit quicker.

Give me a shout if you have any problems with it, I've worked for audi for 8 years so know these cars fairly well

Rides
    I like this. I've recently bought a 2.0tdi a4 sline in moro blue for my work car. 06 plate so think its b7. Brilliant motor but wonder if quattro handles better. Desperately needs new tyres on it at the mo as the fronts are junk. I want a lip for mine but that wraps around the lights too (three piece) where did you get yours?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dammit View Post
    Love these, one of the nicest B5 A4's i think. Economy isnt too bad, ive got the 150bhp 2wd one, done 197,000 miles and still comfy as hell on long journeys. On motorways can get anywhere between 32 and 39 mpg depending if im doing 65-70 or if I'm going a bit quicker.

Give me a shout if you have any problems with it, I've worked for audi for 8 years so know these cars fairly well
    Cheers Mate I'm seeing mid to low 20's mpg at the moment but that is short trips and with plenty of man foot I get around 27 on a run but the stat still needs replacing

Quote Originally Posted by EMENEAR View Post
    I like this. I've recently bought a 2.0tdi a4 sline in moro blue for my work car. 06 plate so think its b7. Brilliant motor but wonder if quattro handles better. Desperately needs new tyres on it at the mo as the fronts are junk. I want a lip for mine but that wraps around the lights too (three piece) where did you get yours?
    I got my lip off ebay but you'll want a genuine lip for a b7 as they wrap around the boot lid more iirc The quattro handles ok but does understeer plenty if you're off throttle and pushing on.

Rides
    Yeah, cheapest I've found for a decent one is 300 ish :-/

http://www.bm-town.com/#/audi-a4b7-e...e-3/4550427134

Rides
    Nice car, I really like them! Pretty special colour too.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers. Shame the paint isn't in the best condition as it's been keyed in a couple of places and the front end needs repainting due to stone chips I got it cheap and it looks great from a couple of meters though so it's not too bad

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Fitted my new old wheels today

Think it looks much better Just need to give them a quick once over with a rattle can to freshen them up now