Thread: Rust grr

Rides

Rust grr

More rust. When will it end? This time its the front of the bonnet. Rant over.

Rides
    Know what you mean mate had my MOT recently and was told i needed some welding on the sils ,not much but pi@@ed me off all the same .
    Think i'm gonna take the sideskirts off and see whats under em ,then get it plated where it needs it and then underseal the shit out of it .LOL

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx boy View Post
    Know what you mean mate had my MOT recently and was told i needed some welding on the sils ,not much but pi@@ed me off all the same .
    Think i'm gonna take the sideskirts off and see whats under em ,then get it plated where it needs it and then underseal the shit out of it .LOL
    Plating is useless you need to cut all the rust out and then weld new metal in then seal the inside and well as the outside of the metal. The datsuns rust inside out it seems

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    ...The datsuns rust inside out it seems
    Indeed. Mr Nissan say "If you can't see it, don't paint it. If you can see it, don't paint it very much."

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Plating is useless you need to cut all the rust out and then weld new metal in then seal the inside and well as the outside of the metal. The datsuns rust inside out it seems
    Great !! , good to hear proper advice though , this is why i love the sxoc .