Thread: Engine damper fitted pics .

Rides

Engine damper fitted pics .

Right , as you may have seen below i've got myself a used engine damper which i looked at fitting today .
    Looked at where the bracket attaches to the head and it appears there are holes drilled and tapped allready for it !! , what was origonally there ?? . i did'nt get any bolts for that so i'll have to sort that .
    Allso put the strut top bracket on loosely and tried the damper for length....there is some length adjustment on the damper but i think it'll be pretty much fully extended for it to fit ,will this be ok ??. and will i have to use threadlock on the adjustment parts just to be safe ??
    Can you guys put some pics up of yours fitted so i can check i've got it right .......... or not as the case may be . LOL

Cheers.

Rides
    The holes are on the SRs and quite a few other engines from the factory, I'm going to assume they're from the casting when the engines are made [no clue honestly] but whatever... Anyway, to fit mine: I had to loosen mine, lengthen it, then re-tighten it after everything was set. I secured my strut brace before tightening the damper just to make sure there would be no extra play. No thread lock was necessary, just some old-fashioned elbow grease.

Hope these help:

Rides
    Thanks for those pics mate ,just the ticket .looks like on mine i'll have to extend both ends for it to fit properly ,either that or put some washers on between the head and bracket to space it out abit . What size are the bolts i need and how long ??