Thread: Just fitted s14 calipers onto s13 but the disc is smaller/pads dont fully cover disc?

Rides

Just fitted s14 calipers onto s13 but the disc is smaller/pads dont fully cover disc?

Hello all,
    I have fitted/about to fit some s14 calipers, but when they are bolted to the hub the caliper is above the disc at the top and not covering the disc by about 20mm at the bottom. My s13 is a J reg so I thought the discs are 280 anyway! Are the calipers handed or am I missing something here..

I am just gonna measure the disc...

Rides
    the j reg is right in the middle of the crossover model. so you have a 50/50 chance that the discs are 257mm.

i know mine were the smaller version so i had to buy some s14 280mm discs for it to work.

Rides
    As above, sounds like you're going to have to buy a pair of facelift S13 front 280mm discs. Get the tape measure out.

Rides
    Thanks for the replies, Ive have just checked and I have 257mm discs. But, I also have a spare set of 280mm 4 stud discs, so I stuck one side on bolted up the caliper and all seemed good. Trouble is now my wheels are hitting/rubbing the caliper!! I have some 17" v strong offset (et 42) rims on my car and it has 5mm hubcentic spacers but with the calipers on and the wheel nuts done up it sops the wheel from turning as it rubs..

I dont think I can get away with a bigger spacer as the wheel nuts/studs are short with the current set up (et 42 + 5mm spacer) so what do you reckon, new wheels? (with weaker offset maybe et 35 or 20 or even -'s )

Rides
    Easiest option is buying some bolt on 15mm spacers TBH mate. They'd have to be bolt ons.

Best option, given the gay offset of the wheels, is to buy some new wheels. However, be careful, it's not just about offset as much as it is about wheel design and clearance on the inside of the wheel - ie spokes not intruding on the centre.

Rides
    I have been looking at wheels for ages as it goes, I know what you mean about wheel design. The 15mm spacers, would they cover the studs and come with new ones on the spacer if you get what i mean.. i.e hub and studs - spacer which covers studs and nuts to bolt spacer on - studs sticking out of spacer - wheel - nuts.

:-)

Banned
    Rides
    It is down to the design of the wheels ... i fit 330mm discs and wilwood calipers under my 17" . Without spacers, and they are et35 (8" wide) .

15mm spacers will not do the trick if the wheel has multifitment, you will have to cut studs (wheels need to be hollowed between holes to be able to fit less than 27 mm boltons, or you need to cut the studs)

get new wheels, that will be the cheapest option. Make sure it has enough clearance inside, it is not just offset.

Rides
    Grind off the Nissan letters from the calipers and winn a couple of mm.