Thread: stage one question?

Rides

stage one question?

first off sorry if this has been asked i did try looking but kept coming accross s14's

i have a standard s13 and want abit more power i have an exhaust on and im picking up an air filter tomorrow and i have an ecu with H/D stage 1 chip to pick up also.

now my question is can i run stage one with the WMI or should i get a FMIC i will most likely go to stage two later on down the line but i cant atm and i just want abit more poke now :P

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    You'll need a fuel pump as well
    And the wmic iirc is only good for 12psi?
    And don't forget the spark plugs.

Rides
    oh yeah i have the plugs too but cheers fella il get the rest of the bits cheers

Rides
    I ran stage 1 for a while with the standard WMIC but only on a T25 and only up to 10psi.
    Swapped it for a Norris WMIC with absolutely remarkable results, a transformation even at 10psi.
    A revelation at 15psi.
    Even better with a T25H, better still with an S14 T28 and stage 2 chip and presently working brilliantly with an S15 T28R.
    If you can lay your hands on a Norris WMIC then it will definitely suit your needs up to stage 2, heartily recommend it. Just they are a little hard to find these days and Norris no longer actually supply them.

Rides
    It'll be fine on the wing mount as long as you don't try to push it too far. 15psi isn't going to work very well as by the time it's got through the wing mount it'll be super hot and down to about 11psi anyway Best off trying ~12/13psi and seeing how it goes.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    It'll be fine on the wing mount as long as you don't try to push it too far. 15psi isn't going to work very well as by the time it's got through the wing mount it'll be super hot and down to about 11psi anyway Best off trying ~12/13psi and seeing how it goes.
    ok buddy cheers for that il give it a bash

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    ...by the time it's got through the wing mount it'll be super hot and down to about 11psi anyway
    My psi figures are all as measured at the plenum, so 10psi is what is left after going through, so probably 12 / 13 at the turbo as 'arry says

Rides
    I ran 1 bar (14 or 15 psi) for ages
    Only other mods were cat back exhaust and high flow air filter.

During the time the car got some trashing, including 3 trackdays, and never missed a beat.

Rides
    Oh.. And the chip was not standard of course...