Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice one boys ..........

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides

Nice one boys ..........

What a cracker! I was a bit dubious about this years LM, what with the Pugs dropping out, my camper van failing its MoT and the weather forecast being shitehouse ........... as it turned out the Toyotas (and the Deltawing) were just as interesting as the Pugs ever were and sounded a lot nicer too, my 350Z was awesome for the journey (and more awesome in the tunnels, read on ) and the weather was as good as any year I remembered.

One of the big highlights for me was having the TV down there and working - we managed to watch the England game, but more importantly had a live feed of the whole 24 hours which was fantastic, usually you get a bit of a feel for whats happening but dont see a lot of action other than the 400m directly in front of you, to see all the overtakes, crashes and be able to follow the race was brilliant, I reckon I only missed about 3 1/2 hours of it

As usual, the banter was classic, with much nakedness, batwings, calling each other cnut, showing of bollocks/old feller, throwing food at each other and general childishness and we had a few beers along the way too
    One of my funniest moments was seeing Mario, Luigi, the Princerss and Koopa stop while driving a Transit down the road, only for Luigi to give us the thumbs up and drop a banana skin in front of a passing car, thats Le Mans at its finest

Big thanks to JC for driving the van and Ralz for co-piloting, ***** for his usual superb organisation and generally holding things down, Deacon for being longer and harder than any other human being , Famous Monster for disintegrating in sunlight, Jules for being Jules (he asked me 5 times on Saturday night where the Ferris Wheel was ........... yep, the one with big fricking lights all over that stands a clear 300ft higher than anything else within 20 miles), Ken for muchos amusement on the run back and some cutting antics, Fake Ben Taylor for being heroic by constantly lifting things and wearing a wifebeater, Deacons two mates Skeetch and Ben for once again being generally better than he is (Deacons "other" mate, Jim was better in 2009 as well), Cowbell and Christian for the most almighty corporate hospitality blag Ive ever seen (they ended up in a Helicopter touring the circuit!), Dow for a completely out of character but hilarious rant at two old French people who had the temerity to park in front of our pitch, Actual Ben Taylor for driving a Skoda Fabia rather than his 500+hp 200SX down there and of course Matt_S, without him there would be no SXOC, no Le Mans 24 hours and no internal combustion engine

Thanks you and goodnight, I bet you never knew a fairly standard 350Z could sound like this (note the way Kens car changes the rotation of the earth making mine actually go backwards when he goes for it):

Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Thats quite an overtake Really enjoyed it this year - having a TV feed was handy. Was a shame I didn't make it down to the SXOC area , but managed to get into town for the Drivers Parade , which was a bit soggy ! Drank far too much Desporado
    GMasterT Heavy Industries!for all your Widget needs

Back to Jap with Mk2 Aristo & Nissan Elgrand

Rides
    Not qiuite as bad as Daz who didnt make it down despite being about 5 minutes up the road

Also nice to see GmasterT, Damo and his old man and HarryW, who I forgot that I had met previously for probably the 3rd time. Ill remember next time mate, promise
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Awesome weekend, Even if i seemed to be battered for most of it.

Such a vintage year!!

CALLING BATWING!!

Next year i think im gonna get a man sized nappy and one for ralz and chase him down burnout alley like preston lacy .... he would like that.

Rides
    awww, i hate these type of threads. makes me wish i was there.

Rides
    I just remembered something...the last night... ben used the batwing as a skull cap!

Rides
    kin hell Kens car don't half shift!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I just remembered something...the last night... ben used the batwing as a skull cap!
    i never want to speak of it - ive had a shower and two baths so far and can still smell your scrotum!

My first year and what an amazing year it was havent laughed so much as when lost in deacs car
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Jesus Ken's car is immense. I've seen the drag-strip videos videos before but seeing the power unleashed on the road is ridiculous!

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I need to come to this event!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Jesus Ken's car is immense. I've seen the drag-strip videos videos before but seeing the power unleashed on the road is ridiculous!
    its actually ridiclulous!!! being in it was amazing!!!!

was hilarious when ken went on one of thos bungee rides (circular cage on two bungess that gets flung up into the sky) and he came off it complaining that his car accelerates faster and the ride was boring!
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    I had a good look at the mint cars in your camp but was too shy to come say hello there was 7 of us all in purple tops if you noticed!

Docwra you're arches are impressive as hell!! And kens car is just phenomenal!

Rides
    Why on earth didnt you say hi!

Rides
    Sounds like you guys had fun this year, good to hear. Impressive blagging by Colwell.

Rides
    i know this is asked every year. but minus petrol, how much do you expect to spend individually? or as a couple?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    I had a good look at the mint cars in your camp but was too shy to come say hello there was 7 of us all in purple tops if you noticed!
    I seem to remember I did notice some purple shirted chaps wandering through, you should really have come and said hello

Monkey - entry ticket was £75, Camping was £115 per pitch so based on two sharing thats £132.50 each. I did a tank of fuel each way at about £90, we stuck EUR 100 into a whip for beers and food and I probably spent another EUR 100 on top of that on beers in bars and stuff. Channel crossing is as little as £40, tolls arent much either.

Rides
    My mate is trying to get me to take the RX7 along next year. Cheap trip

Rides
    It was my first Le Mans and most certainly wont be my last, it was friggin' awesome! I'm going to take my own car next year and sticker it up

I think I'll get a better tent for next time though, I didn't like waking up in a soggy sleeping bag. And never again will I pitch my tent behind Kens exhaust (oor err)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    My mate is trying to get me to take the RX7 along next year. Cheap trip
    ken only used two tanks each way split between the two of us meant it only cost me 180 euros in fuel

Rides
    Cost us £400 each for everything going through travel destinations.

That's 7 people and 3 cars (200sx, evo8 and an insignia)

I'm an addict and can't see myself ever missing a year!