Thread: Breakdown cover

Rides

Breakdown cover

Who do you chaps use for Breakdown cover whilst at the ring? I notice that the AA are a no-no.

Rides
    Why are the AA a no no? I've used them for years and never had any problems...

Rides
    AA - never had a problem, know you seem to say they are a no no but any reason why

Rides
    When my cover runs out I'll be getting membership with ADAC.

Proper ring cover, and in the UK they send the AA anyway. Much more reasonably priced as well. Only downside is you've got to speak to a German call centre first who dispatch the services, can't call the AA directly.

Rides
    Just looking on their 'Short Break' T&C's it states:

What we will not cover:

Any costs incurred where the vehicle is overloaded, used in rallying, off-road driving or in the Nürburgring or used in motor sports.

link here

Yeah I have been looking at ADAC but I can't even make it past the Registration page!!

Rides
    You've gotta give them a call. If you don't have a registered German address it can't be done automatically.

http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/

ADAC single Plus membership
    (Primary member)
    Annual fee: € 79.50

Quote Originally Posted by ADAC
    Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany. For technical reasons, our system does not support international addresses.
    If you do not have a German address, please contact local office in ADAC or call 01805 10 11 12 (14 cents / min German landline, max. 42 cents / min. From mobile networks). We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Rides
    When are you planning on travelling, sir ?

If your insurance is up for renewal between now and then, have a look at what breakdown options are available to tack onto your car insurance policy.

I went to the ring in May2011 but knew that I was going, before insuring in Jan2011, and had a 12month European breakdown + recovery to home extension added to my (AVIVA) insurance policy for something like £70.
    The AA would have asked for something like £150 for a week, due to the age of my car.

Rides
    First week in October. Insurance is up in Jan but I called them just out of interest as I saw that you'd done that in another thread. They wanted £90 so it wasn't worth it. It will definitely be a factor at renewal time.