Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Driftworks S15 for Sale!

Rides
    All the civic and golf kiddies, forum warrior bummers.

They just need the next 'cool' thing to move onto and leave us to our early-mid 90's rust machines

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    A lot of it is simply that the guys who were there at the start got used to going to events and knowing 90% of the people, with the other 10% being outsiders that were introduced to them. Now its more like 90/10 the other way, and the family feeling has gone, people who used to be faces are just part of a crowd now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    Anyone got a link to the thread where all the bitching is going on? I want to see what all the fuss is about

Clickme

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    Anyone got a link to the thread where all the bitching is going on? I want to see what all the fuss is about
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/othe...ws15-ebay.html

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides

Clickme

Rides
    That Driftworks thread is funny. Can't believe the number of user names I recognise as old posters on here!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    A lot of it is simply that the guys who were there at the start got used to going to events and knowing 90% of the people, with the other 10% being outsiders that were introduced to them. Now its more like 90/10 the other way, and the family feeling has gone, people who used to be faces are just part of a crowd now.
    Yep, I used to have a lot of fun drifting because I knew most of the people there, knew what there were like on track and everyone there were great people to hang with. As you say Doc, like a family. Now pretty much everyone is a stranger. Its been a while since I last drifted (engine dead since 2011, cant be arsed to fix) but I did find it comical when I got asked at a drift day in 2011 "You look pretty good out there, have you drifted for long?
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    ZOMG, everyone knows Don Carter, surely??

Everyone wants to be a part of it and have their say, same as always, but back in the day you used to know who was for real and who was lifestyling. Nowadays you cant tell which is which as you dont know who is who .........
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I find this confusing. Maybe its just because ive only drifted at Lynn and its definitely a family affair down there. I dont think anyone is offended if someone compliments them but asks how long theyve been drifting for, even if they have a BDC license, but hey, different strokes and all that.

Its a double edged sword, it used to be people complained about lack of tv coverage and lack of promotion. Now its getting both of those, people are complaining about who it has attracted because it isnt like it was 'in the good ol' days'. Sorry but you cant have both, fact is, the same as anything in life, you should be doing it for you. If youre doing it because you want to be known by everyone there or for other peoples approval then youre in it for the wrong reasons IMO. Its about getting out there and having fun with your mates, if someone doesnt agree with you then it doesnt matter because youre doing it for you.

KEEP DRIFTING FUN!

Rides
    Wow. Good to see the Driftworks forum has moved on and is no longer full of bitching and petty in fighting.... Oh wait

Rides
    Haha Del, do you know where you are now? How many pages did the thread about Phil Morrissons V10 M3 go on for?

edit: it was 7 but was so bad and pointless it had to be locked. That was nothing but bitching and over something as petty as someones value on a car. justsayin.
    Last edited by MaccyD; 02-11-2012 at 08:03.

Rides
    Haha, true story Maccy

I guess it's the way of the web. Although I don't recall anyone calling anyone else a **** in that particular thread

Rides
    Meh, i didnt read it. I think its the same as complaining about something on TV, just change the channel (thread) lol. Just be glad you arent on skylineowners haha, whilst CRX UK is the place to be!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200 View Post
    Yep, I used to have a lot of fun drifting because I knew most of the people there, knew what there were like on track and everyone there were great people to hang with. As you say Doc, like a family. Now pretty much everyone is a stranger. Its been a while since I last drifted (engine dead since 2011, cant be arsed to fix) but I did find it comical when I got asked at a drift day in 2011 "You look pretty good out there, have you drifted for long?

So your saying drifting has changed because its not just the same old people and now its more popular and other people want have a go, you dont want to do it anymore and "drifting has changed"?
    ???

My grandad says the same crap as that, going on about, "when i was a lad things were different", how can people moan driftworks if full of new people? isnt that the whole point of a sport growing in popularity? of course your going to get lifestylers who think there ace and wana talk the talk but non of those comments go through to anything.

TBH i find DW in general very clicky and i think it should be more open as people put vids of there skills up or ask a question, and unless your a D1 champion or called stav, they will just take the piss acting like there all amazing, but thats the price you pay for the sport to grow as a whole i suppose.

Most drifting forums are thinking about it, i wouldnt wana ask a basic question on tramp drift unless i wanted a lesson on sarcasm.

i

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by woods1 View Post
    So your saying drifting has changed because its not just the same old people and now its more popular and other people want have a go, you dont want to do it anymore and "drifting has changed"?
    ???
    In a way, yes. It wasnt just about the drifting, it was about the people as well and to me it doesnt have the same feel about it. As you say thats what happens as things progress and become more popular and it cant be helped but thats the way it is for me. Its not the sole reason I dont drift any more though, the others are the broken car, a lack of be-arsed-ness and Im not willing to put as much time into it any more.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01307298048728

It's Up for sale by a dealer in Nottinghamshire for 25k I just found

Along with a skyline drift Ute

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1305016547586/

Rides
    I think that is the same people the guy that brought it was a dealer

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    I think that is the same people the guy that brought it was a dealer
    Where did he bring it from?

Rides
    Sure I see it with a 21k price tag the other day!

Rides
    The description of that Skyline is amazing