Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Le Mans 2013 ............. or not?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides

Le Mans 2013 ............. or not?

Hi, Im Chairman Docwra, you might remember from events such as Le Mans 2010, Le Mans 2011 and Le Mans 2012

Ive just got off the phone to our good friends at Tickets 2 U and have some interesting and unanticipated news regarding LM 2013 that could affect the whole shebag for us ..............

THERE WONT BE A KARTING NORD CAMPSITE!!!

Apparently Johnny Frog has decided to build another Kart circuit, so when we go down there its going to be dug up and shit. Plus side is that we might be able to steal some heavy plant and rampage around the area in it, downside is we lose my Le Mans home for the last 8 years, and the only campsite (with the exception of the Porsche Curves) where you have trackside access without having to walk for miles.

The nice lady at T2U said that the next best bets were Houx Annexe, which is numbered pitches and noisy and full on, and the Houx which is not numbered and rather more gentile. Tetre Rouge is the closest track access for either of these and isnt too far, but its not KN
    Other options include Beausejour and Maison Blanche but I personally think they are too big and a bit far away from the action, and Tetre Rouge which sounds a bit better - that said Ive not stayed on any.

Prices are up too, its £75 per person entry and £115 per car .............. which brings up the other possibility.

Nurburgring 24h is a couple of weeks after, is £65 entry and £95 per car and has about 10 times as many cars running as LM does. Its been tabled before, but should we go for it this time round??

So, questions are - LM or Nur, numbered pitches or a free for all, and Tetre Rouge/Houx Annexe or somewhere else??
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    One thing I heard about the Nurburgring 24hour race is that depending on what happens with the track, there might not be many more 24hour races at the nurburgring so might be worth doing that instead.

Rides
    I'd be up for N24, awesome location, scenery, food places plus good camping and cahcne to do some TF laps
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    I've done Tertre Rouge before and it would probably be my choice (is it numbered pitches for 2013 and doe it have electricity?) but getting cars in and out can be a pain...

Cost of getting to Nurburg will offset the cheaper tickets/camping, but I'd like to do it one year.

Rides
    what about Spa?

Rides
    Does it cost more to get to Nurburg? Cheaper ferries Dover to Dunkirk and then about 4 hours drive.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    what about Spa?

Id rather not do anything other than these two, the other events are a bit "also ran" for my liking. Anyway, SXOC to Spa for the F1 will come later
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Does it cost more to get to Nurburg? Cheaper ferries Dover to Dunkirk and then about 4 hours drive.
    I always take the tunnel...

Going from Dunkirk to Nurburgring is about the same as Calais to Le Mans I guess...

Rides
    Drastic shift - can't handle change

Will have to think about it and come back to you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Drastic shift - can't handle change
    Autism is brilliant isnt it??

Rides
    Change is fine on any day that's blue or with a date that's an odd number

Rides
    Spa 24hr doesn't have the prototypes either if memory serves

Rides
    Aww man, the pitch we had this year was awesome!

I'd love to go to Nurburgring 24 but it's considerably further than Le Mans for me, it would be about 1200 miles instead of about 600

Although that being said I did go to the 'ring and Le Mans this year, so maybe I'll be able to kill two birds with one stone next year?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Spa 24hr doesn't have the prototypes either if memory serves
    Definitely not then, I might have a chance for some hospitality from Audi and Toyota

Its very likely we can get hospitality for allcomers at Nur24 at extra cost if anyones interested

Rides
    I'd not mind a change of scenery, actually, come to think of it.

Rides
    They don't have prototypes at the Nur24 either do they?

Rides
    Oh shit - thats big big news!

I love lemans - but 24hr at Nurberg would be awesome and kill two birds with one stone -I would go over for a week before and rock out some laps at the ring then stay for the 24hr

If we went to lemans - the loudest campsite avaliable please.

I vote we do the 24hr at nur tbh

But the atmosphere will be completely different - the crowd of people going would be different it won’t be so boozy and more serious faced... that makes me sad
    Last edited by Deacon; 17-10-2012 at 18:55.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Oh shit - thats big big news!

I love lemans - but 24hr at Nurberg would be awesome and kill two birds with one stone -I would go over for a week before and rock out some laps at the ring then stay for the 24hr

If we went to lemans - the loudest campsite avaliable please.

I vote we do the 24hr at nur tbh

But the atmosphere will be completely different - the crowd of people going would be different it won’t be so boozy and more serious faced... that makes me sad
    id be up for that - week driving the ring then the 24hr although i was mega mega excited about le mans

hopefully wont be a different crowd though - id want the same boozy craziness lol (or are you meaning in general and not the sxoc crowd?)
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    also at the end of last year there was talk of other halves potentially being allowed????
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    100% behind the Nurburgring 24hr for me, I will be at whatever we decide to do though. Quite fancy an excuse to get the 200 back on the 'Ring