Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zenki S14, girl on a mission

Rides
    Not much is happening at the moment. I got a few more bits sorted and started to take off the front parts in order to tidy her up and might respray the bumper.

Before her big wash, she basically looked like this:

Now its more like that ha

Im getting really fast in taking the front bits off by now as well

For now this will do.
    I also discovered a bit of a coolant leak and must find out if its the water-pump or not.
    Next plan is to get the track rod ends replaced+tracking so it will pass NCT.

Rides
    A bit of an update.

Last weekend the track rod ends were replaced.
    I first thought it would be some kind of complicated job and since I love "learning by doing", i said i might get some help with it because i don't wanna mess around with the steering/tracking. After all, my life is very dear to me ha

JDM Garage (Bart) kindly showed me how to replace them, so next time i can do it on my own. It was way easier than i thought it would be! im delighted

Here the old ones compared to the new ones

The tracking was also done afterwards since i thought it must have been way off. Car is pulling badly to the left so i thought that was a result of the tracking being off.
    After that was done, she still pulled to the left, so we discovered that it is actually the rear being off.
    That will be looked into within the next few weeks!
    here more pics:

And here to compare the rear (with the trusty daily posing in the background ha)

What do ye think about the rear?

Rides
    One of my latest updates is a bit of spraying that I did on the front of the car.

It wasn't necessary but it bothered me for a good while. I wanted it a bit freshened up and all in one colour too.

It wasn't a big job but it makes such a difference!

Love the look now.

I also got my new water pump, so that's on the list next

Rides
    small update (without pics):

in the process of replacing the waterpump. stuck at the moment with the fan because it simply wont come off
    since the standar fan has seen better times as well, im thinking about replacing it now too.

must figure out if i stay with the current one or go for an electrical fan.

EDIT:

I was reading a lot in the meantime and I will most likely end up with upgrading my cooling system altogether.
    New upgraded fan, new thermostat (even though old one is still working) and look into the water temp because it might won't work properly.

*muststartordermorecarparts*
    Last edited by nessie; 05-01-2015 at 16:25.

Rides
    There's two metal tabs in the cross member that sits under the rear bumper if you refit your bumper but sit it on top of those metal tabs instead of under them it will close up the gap you have under your rear lights

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    There's two metal tabs in the cross member that sits under the rear bumper if you refit your bumper but sit it on top of those metal tabs instead of under them it will close up the gap you have under your rear lights

thanks for that I'm not sure if I have those? I have an Vertex bumper so not sure if you meant the standard one maybe?
    I'm surprised that nobody so far said something about the gap, annoys me a lot and will be sorted soon

Rides

Zenki S14, girl on a mission

Quote Originally Posted by nessie View Post
    thanks for that I'm not sure if I have those? I have an Vertex bumper so not sure if you meant the standard one maybe?
    I'm surprised that nobody so far said something about the gap, annoys me a lot and will be sorted soon
    The tabs are part of the metal work of the car. I even bent mine up a little to hold my vertex (copy) bumper right up to the lights. I'm pretty sure yours will be there maybe they're squashed flat. They are pretty much smack under the rear lights.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    The tabs are part of the metal work of the car. I even bent mine up a little to hold my vertex (copy) bumper right up to the lights. I'm pretty sure yours will be there maybe they're squashed flat. They are pretty much smack under the rear lights.
    thanks a lot for that, I will have a look during the weekend and check mine

Rides
    Small bit of an update

(there is more in my blog (signature)...but for now will only post following pics...spent a lil bit of time to give the indicators and corner lights a good clean and polish. it doesn't look spectacular on the pics now, but defo a difference in real life

Rides
    Short picture-update...almost there.....who can spot the rookie mistake tho

Rides
    This looks sweet and the freshen up is awesome so i may have to copy a lil keep up the good work!

Rides
    thanks bud! glad you like the idea

Rides
    Hey guys,

its been a little while again since I updated my blog or the forums but that doesnt mean nothing has been done in the meantime.
    I simply have no time to sit down and upload pictures and write about my progress. So much is going on in my life atm (which is all positive and good) and I have been working on Nessy in the meantime as well.

For all who are curious, I will give you a (picture-less) update now!

I have replaced the waterpump, thermostat and fan and put everything back together. Unfortunately i cracked the thermostat housing while putting it back, a new one is on the way already.
    I ran into one problem while fitting everything, it was the fan catching slightly on one of the hoses. With some suggestions from the forum and some research I wanted to fix the problem but then the funniest thing happened.
    Before I did some blocking of pipes, cutting etc, I actually just took all pipes off (intercooler pipes) and put them back on, but moved them slightly. With that little trick i was a bit playing around until i managed to clear the fan area. It is still very close to the hose (2mm) but will definitley do now.
    After that I had her up and running and everything went fine.

Since I have an aftermarket steering wheel (Personal) I had to get the horn sorted, so my S14 will pass NCT (MOT). Since electronics and wires are not my cup of tea, I asked a buddy for help, who did a fantastic job!
    We also measured a few wires/plugs to see what was working and not which helped me learn a good new bit.

My next plan is now:

Fix (solder) the reverse light wires
    Fix (solder) the indicator wires
    Fix (solder) the washer wires

Not sure if the breaking-wire is a thing now with S-bodys or if its just my luck haha.

Not much is left now and I also booked an appointment with NCT in 3 weeks time.
    THat means in exactly 3 weeks she will be out on the road again!!

Stay tuned for that!!!!!

Cornelia

Rides
    Small update on this one!

I discovered a new problem!

I just opened the thread....someone has a suggestion?
    Coolant leak under the intake manifold..

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...56#post6668256

Rides
    Its been only a month since i update this, but it feels like forever and SO MUCH happened!

I will split ALL updates in more posts over the next few days because otherwise it simply gets too much

For now i would like to let you know though, that my baby is fully road legal now!

Since i couldn't attend the first round of IDC (half sick ), i thought i at least have to take her for a short spin today...the weather was just too good!
    And i think i truly needed it after all the stress i had lately, so here we have two pictures.

More will follow soon!

Rides
    In my last blog post I was mainly writing about the hardship i experienced the last couple of weeks.
    But it was all worth it click on the link in the sig to read more or simply enjoy those pics for now...fully road legal and all

Rides
    Nice work, and the car is looking great!

Rides
    Quick update:

Last week the car overheated, so had a quick look and was able to see that I loose coolant leak (not again grrrr).

This time it's the rad itself though, so just ordered a new alloy rad from Japspeed and hopefully that will do

The standard rad survived a good while now (with track days included).
    More pics when I have the new rad

Rides
    Well well well,
    it has been a little while since i updated this here.

With the new year, i try to do better and keep this a bit more updated.

The last year has been fantastic car-wise and after I got all sorted (which also includes a brand new exhaust system), i got the car NCT'd and had a wonderful time driving it.

I have a few new plans ahead but cant share too much right now.

The current situation is, that the S14 is parked up for the winter, so i will start taking stuff apart shortly.

I will also start posting some bits from our Japan trip last September so stay tuned for that also

One of the latest pics for ye:

(had the spoiler off but its back on again)

Rides
    YES, this thread is still alive.

No updates since no real updates.
    Couldn't be bothered to mention micky mouse stuff here

The car has been parked up so far and wasn't on the road this year.
    In the meantime I did a few laps of course or started her up and all that but no track days or road-fun.

A few parts have been collected and bought though, I will update and show them once they are being installed/fitted.

The only bigger update I have for now is, that I finally did the compression test (with buddies) to check if the engine is still healthy and ok.
    AND YES IT IS!!!! Results were good, all was within 5-10% and basically around 8.5 bar. It was kinda a cold test so wont tell too much but gonna give it a proper test once the car has been properly driven and warmed up. Currently not possible but soooooooooon.

I am still delighted tho.
    I have BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG PLANS for next year and it will basically involve A LOT of mileage within a short time-frame so this should be interesting.

I gonna write more about this awesome roadtrip (around 5k KM) once i have the ferry booked and its 100% sure.

Hoping to post more updates soon throughout the winter. (with pictures).
    Not sure if anyone reads them tho hahahahah