Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zenki S14, girl on a mission

Rides
    Hi everybody,

i have a lot of plans for next year, so I am currently preparing the car for all of it, and got a looooooooooot of new parts that were long overdue.
    Saving money also takes a bit of time but I finally got a new set of seats among other parts.

I also started to work on my tail lights. I like LED tail lights but havent seen a set yet that I would actually use myself.
    So being me and loving to make my own life harder sometimes, i decided to look into making my own tail lights.

I got a lot of stuff and started playing around with circuits. I have no background knowledge with electronics at all so i spend a lot of time researching it and trying to figure out what works best.

Yesterday i completed the first proper LED test aka circuit to see if I understood everything correctly and to my surprise...IT WORKED!! Im so glad the long hours payed off haha.

At the moment I use standard lights which you can see here.

And below is a pic of the test circuit.

I will try finish the first full set over Christmas but i am in no rush so this might take a bit longer. Lets see

Rides
    Great to see this is still going.
    Looking forward to seeing it progress.
    Liking the LED taillights. I’m currently working on something similar. Planning to use the S14a taillights instead though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    Although a few of those updates are not really new updates...but thought I start posting more here, so here is another part I got a while ago:

Since I had a few emissions issue's whenever I sent the 14 for the test, i started with the usual stuff first.

I took out the decat and got this brand new cat.
    It's from Japspeed:

In the end I went with a full new exhaust (more to that another time) So this wasn't really necessary. Might selling i

Rides
    I forgot the following feeling:

Many times now (since I have the car) the following happens:
    I make a step forward (and good progress) and then something happens and puts me back 2 steps which means im back at the beginning again.
    Thats only happens when i come up with new ideas/projects and the fact that I want (and do) everything on my own on the car. (mechanical stuff, painting, electrical/wire jobs, etc etc)
    Sometimes i really wonder why i dont just hand the car to someone else and let them do their work instead of going through all the struggle myself.
    Im not a mechanic at all and before i got the 14 years ago, i basically had no mechanical knowledge whatsoever. I learned most of it in a "learning by doing" kinda way, which takes a lot of time and nerves.
    I really do make my life harder with all of it but then on the other hand: it makes me incredibly happy and the passion and drive for it never stopped.
    Anyway, enough of the that, i just wanted to give you some history to let you know why this weekend was rather frustrating.

I gave myself a new deadline: end of March/beginning of April. I will book the car for NCT around that time so she will be out on the road soon again.

This weekend i started to tidy a good few bits (front) and wires. I have the whole front off the car at the moment so it was easy enough to work away. One of the things that annoyed me for a while was the intercooler that has a slight movement (barely noticable actually) and all the wires in the engine bay.

So i started with the intecooler and pipes and made sure all is neat and bolt on perfectly fine. I also have 2 custom made intercooler brackets on the bottom of it so there is no movement. Looks kinda like this (its 2 of them):

But then....SNAP...one of the bolts actually snapped so now one side/bracket is loose. Not sure what to do now since half of the bolt is stuck as well so cant use the mounting point of the intercooler. Damit!

Trying to find out now if i can get some brackets made up for the top of the radiator to help mount it on from the top and not the bottom!
    Pretty sure I saw them brackets somewhere before, just need to find out where to get them
    Although the intercooler is still pretty neat and barely moves on the car but it annoys me that there is still some small tiny movement (HELLO ODC).
    So thats a bit frustrating.

How the front looks at the moment: (nevermind the yellow tape, ran out of the black one ha)

Also:

I got a frame made up for my standard passenger seat rails to fit my new seats. It is incredibly hard to find "ready-made" seat rails, im trying to find something for months!
    So i was pretty deligthted when my buddy told me he could do something for me. He made the frame that i only needed to bolt onto the rails and then bolt the seat onto the whole lot to fit it.

Guys i was so excited! Did the whole lot yesterday.....
    However, turns out the frame wasn't fitting properly, 1) the seat is way too high up 2) i could not bolt the rails into the chassis anymore since the frame wasn't angled properly. (after further inspection).

im so frustrated at this stage! Have a new pair of seats but cant get them to fit.
    Maybe i should pick up on welding and metal-works, thats the only think i havent done yet...and do that myself too

More updates coming the next few days, feel like i wrote loads already
    Last edited by nessie; 12-03-2018 at 10:20.

Rides
    Car looks like it's come on over the years, looks great now once again.

I know how you feel about getting a few steps forward only to get knocked back again by something else, but this seems to happen with any serious build, or rebuild. It's only those that have access to a lot of cash whenever needed that get a major rebuild done quickly IMO.

Takes us mere mortals forever to get there! haha

Keep up the great work - Hope to see your next pics soon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Car looks like it's come on over the years, looks great now once again.
    I know how you feel about getting a few steps forward only to get knocked back again by something else, but this seems to happen with any serious build, or rebuild. It's only those that have access to a lot of cash whenever needed that get a major rebuild done quickly IMO.
    Takes us mere mortals forever to get there! haha
    Keep up the great work - Hope to see your next pics soon.

Thank you Nize!! Appreciate it and so good to see that someone actually reads along as well

Also have a small update again:
    Does anyone else know this feeling that starts to creep in when you book the car for NCT (MOT in the UK)?
    The sudden pressure and stress??
    hahahah just booked the car for the 26th March so there is no more excuses anymore!

Also here a pic of one of the yummy parts i got within the last year or so, a Japspeed sport cat! Probably being sold soon since i got a complete new Japspeed exhaust system in the end

Rides
    Another small update.

I have a new bodykit for the 14 this year. The skirts and rear bumper are being resprayed at the moment and are nearly done.
    Here a sneak peak:

Im going to use the old front bumper for the first few weeks since i have something special in mind for the new front bumper and not sure if it can be done in time.
    Lets see

Also another pic:

Here a small bit of history of the car.
    Those stickers came from Japan aka the car was imported with those stickers. Many times i was thinking of removing them (not a fan of the colour etc) but i decided to leave them on. Simply to carry on the history.
    What you reckon, YAY or NAY?

Rides
    Finally have time to update:

I got my freshly resprayed bodykit back(except front bumper), here a pic of the skirts. im delighted and paint looks like it matches really well again
    Going to use the old front bumper for now but have a brand new one sitting at home, have something special in mind for it so just trying to find some time and then its gonna be fitted as well.

Also finally sorted the IAVC hose. The fan started eating away on it and as you can see the previous fix got damaged too. To be fair this was at the very end before i parked her up so all good that way.

Instead of ordering a new hose for 80quid and risking more damage, i actually got those Samco tape fixes, that stuff is amazing!!!! Here some more to show ye:

I've better clearence here now but you can clearly see what happened before

Then I finally fitted my new GKtech fan, had one before but one of the blades broke off (i know right), so got a replacement one since im incredible happy with their products and quality.
    Said I also order some fancy looking cooling panel and fitted that too. Really happy how this actually looks!!!

Finally all the new parts fitted on the car.
    Also you can see the new Japspeed rad, got a couple of things from Japspeed over the years too and happy how all turns out now

Besides that I also fitted the bumper bar.
    Car is taxed and insured as well so aiming to have the rest finished over the weekend!!!!

Rides
    Quick update:

as per the last post, was aiming to finish all for the weekend and more or less did
    it was a few days now in the shed, many hours spent there (as we all do) and many hours at home working on my customized LED rear lights.
    But it FINALLY payed off.

Havent washed the car yet so only 2 pics here now from the 2nd spin out
    she runs smooooooooooth and no issue's to report . NCT next now