Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension dropping

Rides

Suspension dropping

I've noticed my suspension on one side at the rear had dropped again.
    it was adjusted a few months ago because it appeared to drop slightly by about 10mm.

had a look today and the same thing has happened by about 10mm again

Rides
    Your not trying to trick us and just filled the tank up with petrol? ha!

Unless the collars are both winding down together i cant see another way of this happening(dropping the spring rather than the height adjuster)

Rides
    It is parked on even ground isn't it!?

Rides
    no its not parked on uneven ground, I've spoken to Driftworks and they reckon the spring is sagging, but typically they dont do spares for them :S

and Alex i did have to check fuel level lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    no its not parked on uneven ground, I've spoken to Driftworks and they reckon the spring is sagging, but typically they dont do spares for them :S
    DW's are like soooooo helpful (insert sarcastic roll eyes smiley here).

Rides
    Are they hsd's?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    DW's are like soooooo helpful (insert sarcastic roll eyes smiley here).
    Yeah little frustrated to say the least..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Philz0r View Post
    Are they hsd's?
    Yeah they are, TT range

Rides
    How old are they?

Rides
    Yeah little frustrated to say the least..
    It's like when I asked them a question the other day and they just emailed back saying we only sell what's on the website and gave me a link to their website. Well f!cking thanks a bunch!

Maybe talk to Bren @ Apex. I know a little while ago he had a whole heap of different springs for sale. If you can get the right length and spring rate it doesn't have to be a DW spring.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    How old are they?
    couple of years, the TT range was discontinued about 6 months after i bought mine

Rides
    Just to set the record straight:

We don't hold spare dampers for a discontinued kit that is around 3 years old, I did say however I can supply you with spare springs if that was the issue.

The measurements were taken over a period of around 5 months and by someone else if I remember the conversation correctly? Lots of things can change of that period of time, tyres, pressures, weight, level ground, loose coilover components etc...

My initial comment with regard to the spring settling was when I thought it was a kit you'd just fitted, springs will always settle slightly, but wont sag consistantly over months.
    I asked for the spring free length measurement, to make sure everything was tight and to monitor it yourself. Basically trying to help you with an obscure problem witha 3yr old kit - apologies that wasn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    It's like when I asked them a question the other day and they just emailed back saying we only sell what's on the website and gave me a link to their website. Well f!cking thanks a bunch!

Maybe talk to Bren @ Apex. I know a little while ago he had a whole heap of different springs for sale. If you can get the right length and spring rate it doesn't have to be a DW spring.
    Can you PM me your email address so I can look into that please

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    Just to set the record straight:

We don't hold spare dampers for a discontinued kit that is around 3 years old, I did say however I can supply you with spare springs if that was the issue.

The measurements were taken over a period of around 5 months and by someone else if I remember the conversation correctly? Lots of things can change of that period of time, tyres, pressures, weight, level ground, loose coilover components etc...

My initial comment with regard to the spring settling was when I thought it was a kit you'd just fitted, springs will always settle slightly, but wont sag consistantly over months.
    I asked for the spring free length measurement, to make sure everything was tight and to monitor it yourself. Basically trying to help you with an obscure problem witha 3yr old kit - apologies that wasn't enough.

Can you PM me your email address so I can look into that please
    umm at no point did you say you carried spares, which is why I said to you it wasn't worth removing the spring to measure if you COULDN'T supply parts because it wouldn't achieve anything

outlined in email too

Rides
    Try removing a wheel and measuring from between 2 fixed points on both rear struts, (top and bottom spring seats for example), so eliminate the possibility that they've wound themselves down. My CS2's did that when I first fitted them, there's a possibility that the paint chipped between the locking rings, which then meant they weren't tight, I nipped them back up and they've been fine since.

After that you may need to jack the back up, remove wheels, put blocks under the rear arms, let the jack down and measure again, that'll give you some idea if the springs have gone weak, (without getting them properly tested).

Alex B

Rides
    umm at no point did you say you carried spares, which is why I said to you it wasn't worth removing the spring to measure if you COULDN'T supply parts because it wouldn't achieve anything

outlined in email too

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/punto855/drift.jpg[/IMG
    I wouldn't really class the spring as a spare part for a coilover as they are changed out often for difference poundages.

Sounds like things have just been interpreted badly.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    I wouldn't really class the spring as a spare part for a coilover as they are changed out often for difference poundages.

Sounds like things have just been interpreted badly.
    point taken, however it was with reference to the springs themselves

so yeah probably some miscommunication

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    Try removing a wheel and measuring from between 2 fixed points on both rear struts, (top and bottom spring seats for example), so eliminate the possibility that they've wound themselves down. My CS2's did that when I first fitted them, there's a possibility that the paint chipped between the locking rings, which then meant they weren't tight, I nipped them back up and they've been fine since.

After that you may need to jack the back up, remove wheels, put blocks under the rear arms, let the jack down and measure again, that'll give you some idea if the springs have gone weak, (without getting them properly tested).

Alex B
    i will try this, however they had been adjusted a few months ago and over the weekend just gone i could see the newly exposed area of thread so it appears the collars haven't unwound themselves

Rides

outlined in email too
    That was an email with Steve prior to the phone conversation with myself. I confirmed his email (that we don't carry spares for that kit), but could supply springs.
    You presumed we couldn't supply springs (could come under "spares", I understand that) so didn't want to remove them, I then said we could.

Rides
    ok so..can you give me a price for supplying a new either single or pair of springs please?

Rides
    A pair of springs are £50 + £6.50 P&P.

I really doubt it's that though, so make sure everything is tight and that your measuring surface, fuel level etc is the same