Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland section, who is still here?

Rides
    Im new here, check in most days....

Rides
    i'm still around from time to time.. just speaking from experience.. once you dont have a 200 anymore you dont tend to visit as much.. i still pay the memebership as the odd event i can make it to is well worth it.. even its its only one or two a year...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesconn View Post
    Im new here, check in most days....
    Hi James, you're very welcome along Put up a thread in the welcome lounge when you have a chance mate.

Paddy, I agree with you, hence the Facebook group idea as at least then, people will be informed of events etc, even if they don't check the forum as often as they used to.

This club is much more than just a 200SX owners club, however that hasn't seemed to filter through other than in the UK, so maybe I need to be working on getting that point out there, and promoting the club as more of an alternative to DTD, Cruise Ireland, Midnight Club etc?

Rides
    Why an alternative? When i owned the 15 I was on loads of sites, and while the SXOC is much better (more of a club than a site) you wouldn't pitch it as a replacement for one of the others because people on DTD and the likes won't go for it. Its much more like a complementary site because even back in 08/09 there was only 1 trackday, 2 rolling road days and karting each year because we never really had the numbers to do any more. I always pitch the SXOC on DTD etc as a great place for info / parts /s-body meets etc. but you would still need to be active somewhere else if you were interested in a couple of trackday outings a year...

Since I sold it I mainly just visit here and go to the others occasionally to sell left over stuff. Always check in on the Ireland section first but as above its usually very quiet...

BTW I'm not a decent photographer; Davekeogh, Muttly, Subzero, ConorS15

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial_S15 View Post
    Doh! I meant ConorS15 (still love you too though... how's that sign outside the house looking these days???)

That's good info though. I used to use Drift Ireland, cruiseIRL, & Midnight Club back in the day, but once I found this place I pretty much stopped completely. From speaking to people this week, trackdays seem to be very high on people's list of wants, and ultimately to get the numbers to make it doable, we're going to have to get other clubs on board. Jp is a moderator on Irish Rotary, who are a good bunch of lads who'd be up for it, but I'll have to start looking at the other non-brand specific sites too. Obviously we want to broaden our net, but there's a large knacker element in the Dublin Jap car scene that I'd like to avoid too if at all possible, so where would you recommend mate? Not trying to sound like a Elitist cnut, and I've nothing against Civics, but the element is there unfortunately.

I know Marcro put up pics the other day from the Irish Pistonheads Christmas Run which looked like a belter and I think is to do with Octane.ie (who run the C&C meets we attend each month), is this something people would be interested in for future (link in quote below)

Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    I brought the SX on this two weeks ago. A full day of driving and lunch and then dinner. 162 miles, 28 cars and 36 people. A proper day out.

http://fortyacresofyellow.freeforums...read-t552.html

Rides
    Im still here. As with everyone else I try to visit a few times a week but since its quiet , it doesnt motivate you to come often enough.

Most of the local S-Bodies ( and theres a nice selection knocking round mayo now ) are on the road for 3 months and parkeed up the other 9 months. And when you arent driving them everyday ,you kind of lose interest in the scene a small bit.

Its hard to attract new members to any club, as Clint said theres a large knacker element in the scene ( and not just Dublin ) and you dont really want them involved but other genuinly interested folks might get put off as they may feel they are being judged.

I think the club might have to start getting involved with other sites/clubs for meets and runs in order to get more interest.

Finally, another reason I think its quiet on here is because of the way events are organised. I'm not having a go at anyone but I'm sure there are other ordinary members like myself who are put off attending events because of the way they are set up.
    For example, The All Ireland meet.

It was originally planned for June and was cancelled due to lack of interest. perfectly understandable
    Then it was intended to go ahead in September, either in Limerick or Midway as per the votes of the members. Then it came to a halt and nothing went ahead.
    Finally, It was decided ( I'm not sure by who, not discussed on the forum) that it would be held in Midway on the same day as the karting.
    I for one was fairly pissed off about this because :

1 - The meet was being held at a location that wasnt picked by the members
    2 - Made people possibly miss out on 1 event as they might not be able to afford both activities, i.e, wanting to go to the meet but not being able to afford to do the karting the same day.
    3 - Possibly pressuring people into doing both activities , for fear of being anti-social and leaving halfway through the day, even tho they cant afford it.

As I said, Im not having a dig, I just wanted to let the reps know how an average member feels.

PS. a big thanks to Clint, you done a superb job on the events you have organised , even with such little experience and help.
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    I still think people haven't grasped that numbers are low for events, which are more or less natonal events , because the club in Ireland hasn't been promoted locally. you can't organise say a track day in mondello for example then complain that you can't get numbers when you have no regional basis. TBH with five reps overhere the minimum that should be happening is a monthly meet in each region. This would promote the club on a local and regular basis which would then feed into the bigger national events. Alot of what is being said here was said over a year ago in a similar thread but nothing seems to have done about peoples suggestions.

Rides
    Clint, that's the problem. From what I've seen Octane would be a perfect club to join for trackdays etc. DTD, drift Ireland etc would not. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of decent people on them but too many idiots! RX owners club might be a good idea?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoNut View Post
    Finally, another reason I think its quiet on here is because of the way events are organised. I'm not having a go at anyone but I'm sure there are other ordinary members like myself who are put off attending events because of the way they are set up.
    For example, The All Ireland meet.

It was originally planned for June and was cancelled due to lack of interest. perfectly understandable
    Then it was intended to go ahead in September, either in Limerick or Midway as per the votes of the members. Then it came to a halt and nothing went ahead.
    Finally, It was decided ( I'm not sure by who, not discussed on the forum) that it would be held in Midway on the same day as the karting.
    I for one was fairly pissed off about this because :

1 - The meet was being held at a location that wasnt picked by the members
    2 - Made people possibly miss out on 1 event as they might not be able to afford both activities, i.e, wanting to go to the meet but not being able to afford to do the karting the same day.
    3 - Possibly pressuring people into doing both activities , for fear of being anti-social and leaving halfway through the day, even tho they cant afford it.

As I said, Im not having a dig, I just wanted to let the reps know how an average member feels.

PS. a big thanks to Clint, you done a superb job on the events you have organised , even with such little experience and help.
    Thanks mate, I really appreciate that

I'll be honest with you guys, the All Ireland meet & karting have been hot topics, and a source of much frustration for me this year. Traditionally they have been two of the best events on the Irish calendar, but due to the issues with the Irish Reps I've outlined above, they haven't come to fruition this year. Twincam normally took on the job of sorting one or both of these events, and unfortunately for us he's had other commitments which have forced him to step down. As a result, it was pushed further and further back, and I think, in a desperate move to get numbers JP felt it was a good idea to combine the two events into the one day. Looking at the situation, I agreed with him at the time, but obviously that may not have been the general feeling from members, and I'm sorry if people felt alienated or annoyed in any way.

Like I say, there's been huge changes in the club staff this year which have really hit us hard, and as a result, the majority of Ireland is not currently represented, and that's wrong IMO.

As Wookie says, pushing things locally is the key to building a solid foundation and working towards larger events so that's something I'll be taking on board for 2013 anyway.

Rides
    Thats perfectly understandable. Your doing the best in a bad situation. Hopefully 2013 will be a turnaround

Rides
    2012 was crap all round anyways sure lol.
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    This is the first chance i've got to post since moving away from galway in october and stating a new job. As clint has said due to massive changes in my personal life, i've had to step asside.

Just to clear one or two things up, as from the above it looks like some of the blame is being passed on to me for some events not going ahead. Both the karting and the all ireland meet not going ahead had nothing to do with any reps issues. It was simply down to not enough interest at the time. I tried to organise it in athlone which attracted little interest and was forced to cancel. Then it was a tie between limerick and midway. I thought it might be a good idea to piggy back the C&C monthly meet in limerick, but as that is held in the middle of the week, it wasn't going to be very practical for an ireland meet so it was decided to have it in midway ( a location that was picked by the members btw) which once again, attracted zero interest.

The karting finals have always being held at tynagh, but out of fairness to other members that have travelled west from the east of the country each year, it was decided to have it white river karting which once again attracted zero interest. Maybe it was a bad idea to change the venue for the finals, or it was left too late in the year to accomadate other events such as prodrift and superdrift ect.

Just to give my personal opinion from the other side of the fence, it's very easy for some members to give out and complain and point fingers why things are not working out. But then when it comes to coming along to events or idea's they have called for or suggested, they are no where to be seen, which in turn can become very frustrating.

Anyways, i've got little chance to come on here that last few months, but now that things are starting to settle down, i might get a change to come on more often. I might even get the car back on the road now that i'm out of college and working, or brake it lol.

Rides
    Sorry Emmett, didn't mean to sound like I was blaming you or JP for the big meet & karting as I know ye tried a few times and got feck all interest, I just meant that the changes in staff over the year have made it more difficult to keep on top of events etc.

It was late, my point got a bit muddled I think. Sorry dude

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    for the benifit of the site, teaming up with driftireland wouldnt be a bad idea for trackdays meets ect, many s-chassis owners and there are not a bad bunch, wouldnt personally vouch for anyother IRl forum although. TBh it wont matter to me as ill be abroad again soon,but i Daily my car have no real interest in Partaking in trackdays ect but would attend if they took place. and feel just meets C&C ect, and drives would be a nice alternative.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    First idea has come from Calicagesracing (Nelly), who mentioned to me that he'd like to see an SXOC drift day. I'd be happy to organise something and bring along the carbeque, sort out tunes etc. Is that something people would be interested in attending, even if you don't drift? I'm sure some of our excellent photographers might be into that? (Trial_S15, hi_im_fil)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial_S15 View Post
    Thanks for the thumbs up

I have been known to freeze my ass on in order to get a few shots alright. Put Muttly puts me to shame, seriously dedicated photographer there

I'd love to see a SXOC meet in whatever car you have now. See how the recession has impacted what cars we drive. And take some pictures, I'm sure we're proud of the car we're currently in, including jamoo . We got some good shots from a photo shoot in Carrickmines underground car park. I think Lohan, Tetra, Ray Stang all liked their results

Rides
    Super idea Dave! Although I'm not proud of my banger, I'm sure I can polish a turd

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    I'm on, but due to a whirlwind of ever-changing personal circumstances since about August 2012 it's very sporadic & usually clustered as to when I can get online: could be 5 times in a week, then nothing for a while - here's hoping things will have settled down for me by Feb at the latest & can return to something I've heard folks refer to as called "normality"..!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    im sorry but if sxoc decided to team up with the likes of midnightclub, driftireland or dtd im defo out and gone from here.
    sxoc was always a refuge for me to escape the shams, assh*les, pricks and eejits that hound those sites. if ye want to
    fill the place with "will my 200sx go round boi" or "show us your wags" threads with pics of vagina's then i'll loose all respect
    from the runners of this site. id rather fight through a bad time than collaborate with sites that would ruin sxoc even more
    than bad turnout numbers!

my 2 cents, sorry if i offended anyone but thats my opinion and i wont move from it.
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by twincam View Post

Just to clear one or two things up, as from the above it looks like some of the blame is being passed on to me for some events not going ahead. Both the karting and the all ireland meet not going ahead had nothing to do with any reps issues. It was simply down to not enough interest at the time. I tried to organise it in athlone which attracted little interest and was forced to cancel. Then it was a tie between limerick and midway. I thought it might be a good idea to piggy back the C&C monthly meet in limerick, but as that is held in the middle of the week, it wasn't going to be very practical for an ireland meet so it was decided to have it in midway ( a location that was picked by the members btw) which once again, attracted zero interest.

The karting finals have always being held at tynagh, but out of fairness to other members that have travelled west from the east of the country each year, it was decided to have it white river karting which once again attracted zero interest. Maybe it was a bad idea to change the venue for the finals, or it was left too late in the year to accomadate other events such as prodrift and superdrift ect.

Just to give my personal opinion from the other side of the fence, it's very easy for some members to give out and complain and point fingers why things are not working out. But then when it comes to coming along to events or idea's they have called for or suggested, they are no where to be seen, which in turn can become very frustrating.

Ok, maybe I didnt explain myself properly. Emmett, I hope you dont't think Im blaming you for the unsuccessful events.
    What I meant by " another reason I think its quiet on here is because of the way events are organised " was that as an ordinary member it often feels like decisions are made behind closed doors and that alot of the time even if you have contributed your opinion and views towards a topic that they are often disregarded. Its small things like this that would get a members back up and prevent them from getting involved in future.

However, as Emmett said its easy for an ordinary member to shout and bitch and moan about things. But alot of the time I'm sure reps have to make decisions in difficult situations with lots of opposition but with very little options.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
    threads with pics of vagina's
    Where?

Neelie, as I mentioned above, I don't think anybody on here wants to see those kind of saps on here. However, there's a lot of 200 owners who use these sites, and aren't necessarily scum, but they've actually have never heard of the SXOC. It's about reaching those people and letting them know that we're here and trying to get them involved.

I think Octane.ie is a good way to go, and I'd recommend everyone to pop over there an have a look around. They have regular meets and runs/events, have a strict "no acting the cnut" policy at said events, and it seems to work really well.

You have to remember that this is no longer just the 200SX owner's club, it's the SXOC, which is a general car club (with our roots in the 200SX). I think the sooner we embrace that idea here in Ireland, the sooner things will start to turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by NismoNut View Post
    Ok, maybe I didnt explain myself properly. Emmett, I hope you dont't think Im blaming you for the unsuccessful events.
    What I meant by " another reason I think its quiet on here is because of the way events are organised " was that as an ordinary member it often feels like decisions are made behind closed doors and that alot of the time even if you have contributed your opinion and views towards a topic that they are often disregarded. Its small things like this that would get a members back up and prevent them from getting involved in future.

However, as Emmett said its easy for an ordinary member to shout and bitch and moan about things. But alot of the time I'm sure reps have to make decisions in difficult situations with lots of opposition but with very little options.
    I can tell you that we don't disregard or ignore anyone's opinion or veiws mate. Taking the example of the All Ireland meet, there was a tie in voting between Midway & Limerick, so as reps we had to make the call there, and looking back over the thread, everything was pretty transparent all along. People need to remember that just because a decision doesn't go the way they'd have liked, that doesn't mean they're being ignored (not directing that at you, but in general). Also, if member's are unhappy about a decision, they need to say something at the time, nothing we can do about it if we don't know. If you look at any of the threads we've put up about meets/events recently, the number of responses from members has been frankly disgraceful, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the members who we're not happy about certain decisions, are likely the ones who haven't bothered posting.