Thread: Apex front camber bolts

Rides

Apex front camber bolts

I've come to fit a set of Apex front camber bolts and run into a problem. The tab washer does not seem to have a corresponding hole in the strut.

The setup is Tein springs with AGX shocks.

Is it simply that the camber bolts are not compatible with the AGX struts, or am I missing something obvious?

Any help appreciated.

Rides
    That's the wrong kit as it's too large. The bolt needs to be small enough so it and the washer can fit into the hole in the coilover.
    This means the bolt in the adjustment kit should be quite a bit smaller than the original bolt it replaces.

Rides
    Nope it is the right one. if you push the bolt further in it will slot into the hole since there is a recess on the bolt. Have the same ones on mine.
    Depending on wich direction you put the washer, tab facing forward or backward, you can choose to have more or less camber then standard.

Rides
    The problem I've got is the washer won't sit flat against the strut. There's the large tab on the bolt-head side which is fine. But there's a smaller tab on the strut side, which doesn't appear to have a corresponding hole to go into. I think it can be seen better in this picture.

Rides
    the bolt and washer only sit on a certain position depending if you want to add negative or positive camber
    the minor tab will limit the movement of the bolt in that manner
    the bigger tab will get in the strut hole.
    check this video

http://www.spc-tv.com/install/tradit...42-ezcams.html

Rides
    The tab will sit inside once the bolt is pulled through. In the pic the lobe on the bolt is still locating on the strut.

Rides
    Um yeah ignore my last I haven't fitted one of these for a while! If you rock the hub back 'n' fourth it makes it easier to drive the bolt home and get the tab in straight. They have a really coarse thread that takes ages to wind down so don't worry about keeping it straight untill it's ready to nip down. Also remember small camber changes can have a big effect on toe/tracking.

Rides
    Ah - that makes sense. Thanks - I'll give it a go.

Rides
    If you do fit these make sure you get your alignment checked. Unlike moving the strut tops like on coilovers these bolts also adjust the KPI. You will need the tracking done anyway due to the movement of the hub. But due to the KPI adjustment you will want to get it properly checked to make sure its not too far out of tolerance. Adjusting the KPI too much can cause adverse handling effects when steering. I had it on an old car years ago where the camber was very excessive on full lock.

Rides
    Ok - thanks for the heads-up.
    They're part of the Apex full alignment kit that I've been installing, so by now I imagine everything is out. But it's booked in for alignment next week.

Rides
    Installed, aligned and all good. If I'd spotted the instruction sheet in the box a bit sooner, I could have saved everyone's time too...