Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emma's S14a Build - *Real Girls Drift*

Rides

Thumbs up Emma's S14a Build - *Real Girls Drift*

Goodday guys

So finally after being on here for a while i decided to part with my hard earnt £21 and pay for my membership so i can actually make a build thread now.... and the other advantages of course...

Currently i own this handsome chap and have done for 2.5 years. Its a great car, havent long started drifting it either and he's been holding up pretty well.

But having thought long and hard i have decided that its time for a re shell. The bodywork is starting to look a bit tired, he's abit rusty/crusty. Some parts are repairable but i would rather start a fresh and do things my way.

So i picked up a new shell on Saturday off Steve (useranme Steve_20085 i think) with the help of my boyfriend Mclean.

The car came with all the kit/body panels which makes life a hell of alot easier for us. It's a non rolling shell so the plan is to transfere everything from my existing car into this one... Haha

Made a bit of a start of sunday by stripping the cage out, tidying up the engine bay so we can touch up the paint and removing most of the wiring.

Last edited by Emma_jdm; 07-08-2013 at 09:49.

Rides
    Very cool,I see on FB a re-shell was on going,looks like things are well in hand and its in a good place for the work
    keep us posted with up dates on the re-shell, are you keeping it white as well? it is the best colour for a 14 imo

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    Very cool,I see on FB a re-shell was on going,looks like things are well in hand and its in a good place for the work
    keep us posted with up dates on the re-shell, are you keeping it white as well? it is the best colour for a 14 imo
    Thank you, it'll be staying white for now. Ill be skint by the end of it haha but a colour change is in mind, not to sure when it will be though.

Rides
    Emma it has no seat x

Rides
    Subscribed! looks a good project!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    You do realise im going to get a mod to change the thread title to "hurry up and finish my car you ginger ballbag"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_20085 View Post
    You do realise im going to get a mod to change the thread title to "hurry up and finish my car you ginger ballbag"
    Haha I've gotta keep him sweet first lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_20085 View Post
    This is tempting......

A great shell you have yourself there emma, good luck with it and look after my old bonnet
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Emma where did you get the black front bumper from? looks like bn sport

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymbob View Post
    Emma where did you get the black front bumper from? looks like bn sport
    Its a Dmax one from EPR... It'll be for sale soon.... Hint hint

Rides
    So made a little more progress tonight.

Sam found a bit of rust in the engine so was kind enough to rub it down, cut it out and repair it.

Needs a bit more of a rub down but is looking better then it did.

I made a start on painting the inside ready for everything to go back in

Sadly broke some nails in the process! Gay!,

Rides
    Finally got my stuff through from driftworks. Poly subframe bushes, new rose joints.... And some free shit. Always nice lol

Rides
    new chassis looks clean. if thats the only bit of rust your bloody lucky. how come you didnt remove the sound deadening before spraying. only takes half an hour if you get some frozen peas and some carb spray. also gives a much nicer finish,

good project though i look forward to seeing what happens with this.

Rides
    We got the shell from a very good friend of mine and I know the history of it and it is very clean, I stripped the sound deadning out of mine and it was a proper gay job seriously boring haha
    Emma would chip away 5cm square and give up

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by joetheeskimo View Post
    new chassis looks clean. if thats the only bit of rust your bloody lucky. how come you didnt remove the sound deadening before spraying. only takes half an hour if you get some frozen peas and some carb spray. also gives a much nicer finish,

good project though i look forward to seeing what happens with this.
    Lol defo would of took me longer then that! Haha

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mclean View Post
    We got the shell from a very good friend of mine
    Ummm, I'm not your friend, you just come in handy every now and again.

Rides
    This should be interesting. I hope the wiring loom will be tucked away before you destroy it this time! You've gotta bring it over to work once it's up and running.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_e36 View Post
    This should be interesting. I hope the wiring loom will be tucked away before you destroy it this time! You've gotta bring it over to work once it's up and running.

Haha the loom will be going straight into the engine, im not having all that trouble again. My wheels love to eat loom.

I'm hoping to have it running and presentable by the end of September so i can take it Japshow but we'll see, ill defo bring it down so you can have a look

Rides
    So, it was another weekend at the garage. I feel like such a gresse monkey haha.

Brought my black 14 over this weekend so we could make a start on stripping that and transfering the stuff over, highering my coilovers so i can actually get my car on a ramp! Gay ride height! and generally making a mess everywhere.

Finished off touching up the engine bay so thats now sorted.

and also got rid of a bit of surface rust in the boot and got that painted, becoming a dab hand with a rattle can now!

By the end of it i was getting a bit tired, as you do. So i found a new use for the rear seats, pretty comortable. Also meant i could supervise McLean make sure he was doing everything the right way

Rides
    Yet another fun packed weekend of working on the cars.

Decided to start stripping the interior out of my old one to put into my new shell, Safe to say that Sam wasnt impressed haha just a horrible mass of wires!

I thought i'd help out by putting lables on things so he didnt get confused So kind i know.

So this week will be spent on the wiring etc trying to get the dash back in so we can make a start on swapping the subframe, hubs etc over this weekend. Also taking my new subframe and roll cage to get powder coated today .

Not that its needed yet but managed to get my self a Kouki spoiler as well, can't wait till she's finished now!