Thread: Help sourcing parts!

Rides

Help sourcing parts!

Hi everyone,

Im new on here but ive just bought a nissan s12 with a couple of issues.
    its been lowered beyond any drivable condition... about 1" off the deck..

looked and asked about for parts everyone so far has been miffed..
    rear springs and dampers &
    rear light clusters.

Any information i can get about the possibly of fitting/retro fitting power steering (s13) or otherwise?

much appreciated and many thanks phill

Rides
    As a fellow S12 owner, I would suggest instead of looking for original parts - take some spring measurements / shock measurements and hit up some suppliers, see if there is aftermarket or custom stuff to fit, if not look at modifying/using parts from other S-Bodies or finding a breaker as above. Sometimes parts from completely different cars fit too.

Even if you do find parts, it will take a long time to do so - and those parts will probably be 20 years old, so not brilliant before they even get on the car!

I have had some luck finding old aftermarket parts. Some Jap part importers can also get S12 stuff still. Also check American eBay - they love em!

Rides
    This is why I sold mine. Converting to S13/14 suspension/chassis kinda works but still has problems and I found OEM S12 parts like suspension arms almost impossibile to find, even with help from the SoCal crew on ClubS12.

Spent more time looking for parts than I did driving the damn thing.

Rides
    hi did you buy the red c reg on off ebay i might have some spring for it their - 25mm i think

and cam i haven't even driven it yet still sitting in my lock up

Rides
    Ah that's helpful! okay ill look further a field. and yep i bought the red c reg of of ebay.. already stripped for rebuild and i'm pretty happy not much rust so far!

thanks s12stu that would be fantastic they have been cut and fall out when i jacked the car up.. also causes huge camber on the rear wheels... im looking at
    machining an angled plate to put between the hub and arm if i cant sort it another way... have to have a think!

cheers everyone!

Rides
    I used a modified lexus kit and slotted the arm mount on the subframe. Worked very well too. My car must have been atleast a good 50mm lower than stock with -2' 00" camber.
    Last edited by CamInHead; 18-01-2013 at 21:24.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CamInHead View Post
    Converting to S13/14 suspension/chassis kinda works
    Definately works. I never thought those words would come from you. My life is complete.

phillscott1, Im gutted I did'nt see this earlier. I dont really come on here anymore. I binned a pair of std rear shocks and springs just over a week ago. I do have mk2 tail light but not the centre trim piece but they are in Ireland and I wont be going home for a month or two.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CamInHead View Post
    I used a modified lexus kit and slotted the arm mount on the subframe. Worked very well too. My car parts must have been atleast a good 50mm lower than stock with -2' 00" camber.
    hello I just want to ask how much that modified lexus kit costs you? Waiting for quick reply
    Last edited by engttia; 27-02-2013 at 06:36.