Thread: My ca18det rebuild

Rides

Talking My ca18det rebuild

Hi people does anyone know if they make an uprated oil sprayer jet which sprays oil up under the piston skirts also if anyone has the torx setting for the whole engine in their back of their heads

Rides
    Torque settings for the engine can be found in the service manual downloadable off of here for free (do a search) haven't seen any updated oil spray bars. Not entirely sure why you would need them? I just had my Oem ones cleaned out when the engine builder did my forged lump.

And suffice to say for my engine aiming at 450ish bhp he never mentioned any requirement of them. They only provide extra cooling for underneath the pistons.

Rides
    Well I just removed my last engine to find out that number 4 piston has cracked between rings and scored the bore so starting fresh with forged pistons and rods but don't want it to happen again, some one else told me it might be my injectors maxed out at the time the engine gave out I was foot down against a yam r1 bike then it lost power and started to smoke, so I did what anybody else would do and changed down to 4th and kept my foot flat to the floor not to lose a costly choice I'm finding out

Rides
    Is there evidence of det? What ecu mapping injectors etc were you running?

Oil squirters would not have saved your engine. Honestly Oem ones are fine. Just have them put in a parts washer is all they need.

Rides
    these injectors are to cool the piston, not for lubrication. Forged pistons do not need them because the heat transfer is better because of the material 2618, many people have removed without problems, however I would leave for safety.
    With proper cleaning will have no problem, are usually stuck.

Your pistons will have been damaged probably by detonation (lean mix), if you put pics of your pistons/head could be identified.

Rides
    What sort of boost and what injectors were you using at the time

Rides
    i have a apexi power fc and a t2871r turbo and i think the injectors are 444 but not to sure might be standard tho. boost is 0.9
    Last edited by lightning mcqueen; 17-01-2013 at 16:29. Reason: mist a reply

Rides
    Id get your map and injectors checked. Could be detting its tits off. In which case you could build 10 forged engines and they would all die in a short period of time

Rides
    Ok thank you for the help but what injectors would you recommend or are the best ones for the job

Rides
    Those injectors should be fine for up to 350bhp I believe.

Rides
    No 444cc are 444cc in 3bar fpr in ca18 the fpr is 2.5bar.
    The 444cc in my ca18 Only with gt28r and 0.9bar pass the 100% of duty cycle after 5000rpm...
    For 2871r at least 650cc.

Rides
    444s will only handle 330 max reliably, also depends a lot on the tune, say his car was mapped on 99ron and he put 97 on it for instance.

Honestly mate, get some bigger injectors and get your map looked at, only way to be safe

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardomendes View Post
    No 444cc are 444cc in 3bar fpr in ca18 the fpr is 2.5bar.
    The 444cc in my ca18 Only with gt28r and 0.9bar pass the 100% of duty cycle after 5000rpm...
    For 2871r at least 650cc.
    Yep, I use 660s with a 2871R at 1.6bar and they run at over 80% duty.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Thank lads I'll take as much info as I can find so now the big question is where and how much can I get them from

Rides
    Apologies I thought stage 3 was 350. But as you say its 330.

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info....oducts_id=5031

With your turbo being slightly bigger you will have to run lower boost to achieve the same power so it could well be advisable to get bigger injectors.

My personal experience is to up the fuel pressure to 3-3.5 bar with the vac removed using an adjustable reg (don't forget to re connect it). then get it mapped with the 444s so its safe. Will give you a little more scope to prevent det that way still utilising the gear you currently have.

Rides
    If your looking for some slightly bigger injectors.. evo ones will fit and are pretty reasonably priced. Ive got some 510cc ones for when i have a custom map