Page 78 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Yeah I am worried about that lol.

Swimming tomorrow at 8 so that's gonna take it out of me.

Still - it's bonus time and I'm eyeing up a KTM 990 SMT or Adventure. What do we think?

I'm also desperately considering a Honda MSX monkey bike just for the lolz

Rides
    Yes get the monkey bike, always wanted to have a proper laugh on one of those
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    I've seen one for a grand! How bad can it be??

Rides
    I commuted into work on my bike today and, for reasons too fecked up to go into, ended up parking outside Waitrose and working from inside the cafe, keeping an eye on the bike out the window.

I shit you not, during the course of the day, five people walked a full circuit around the bike before going into the store.

The guy I was working with in the Cafe couldn't believe it.

Rides
    How long before the van and bolt cutters come with the admirers?

Rides
    You're thinking of Tescos ! This was Waitrose so I was looking out for Milk Tray man with a handheld

Rides
    Rofl
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Been for a good run round today..... and for the first time had a go at clutchless up shifts

Fecking bedgesus - I thought the acceleration could be brutal before, now it's bezerk.

I always knew it could be done, but took this long to get over the fear of busting the box, as it just seemed wrong coning fron a car - now I'm addicted

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Rides
    You just need to match the revs momentarily and its as smooth as silk. Wait til you discover clutchless downchanges

Rides
    Clutchless down-changes are a bit more difficult to rev match but can be so smoooooth.
    Had the bike out yesterday (only a CB600F) and had a blast. I passed my test in August so I haven't had many dry days to practice leaning yet. Happy to say my chicken strips have disappeared now and I was far more confident on the twisties.

Tom.

Rides
    I had a run to the Ace Cafe yesterday for Kawasaki Sunday

Also had a couple of traffic light GPs with a little upstart in a Focus ST

TBF he did quite well for the first inch or so :lol:
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    It's been an eventful day, I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with my new purchase!

Rides
    Oh No ! You've not gone a bought one of those crappy old things

WHAT were you thinking ?

Can you still get your money back ?

How did you think that was going to be an improvement on what you had ?

(tee-hee).

Rides
    Looks v. nice. Is it the 750 ? 750 is the pick of the set in my mind. Best of both worlds. I've been looking at them for about 15 years thinking I must try owning one

Rides

Yep it's the 750. I wasn't looking for a 750 I actually wanted a 600, but after riding this one it blew my mind and I had to get it.
    I've still barely touched the power band and it's mental coming from my 53hp FZ4. I can't get over just how well it works, feels uber premium compared to what I'm used to

Rides
    Ended up on a very impromptu Wales roadtrip over the weekend with 4 total strangers. Had a great time.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_foxwell View Post

Yep it's the 750. I wasn't looking for a 750 I actually wanted a 600, but after riding this one it blew my mind and I had to get it.
    I've still barely touched the power band and it's mental coming from my 53hp FZ4. I can't get over just how well it works, feels uber premium compared to what I'm used to
    In all seriousness, I reckon there are a few bikes that sit at the very pinnacle of their particular branch of motorcycling and I reckon the Suzuki is top of the "road sports bike" category. The 1000 is too much, the 600 is too hard work and just a little bit "junior".

The BMW heads the "completely fcukin' pointless as you'll never get near using 200 bhp" category and the Panigale tops the "Look at my gorgeous Italian bike that shows I've got more money than sense" category. I like to think my RSV4R heads the "What Honda would have made next if they'd kept going with the RC45" category or maybe the "Smile a mile" category

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Ended up on a very impromptu Wales roadtrip over the weekend with 4 total strangers. Had a great time.
    Let me guess... Down the pub, get chatting to some bikers... "We're going to Wales tomorrow, want to come ?"... "Yeah, why not ?" ... "We'll be leaving from The Dog and Fcuket at 11 am" ... "See you there "

Rides
    Replace pub with internet and yeah you're pretty much there lol.

Honestly it was great and just what I needed. Some seat time and some good riders to follow and learn from. Ended up being pretty quick in the fast flowing stuff. Really enjoyed myself again.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    In all seriousness, I reckon there are a few bikes that sit at the very pinnacle of their particular branch of motorcycling and I reckon the Suzuki is top of the "road sports bike" category. The 1000 is too much, the 600 is too hard work and just a little bit "junior".

The BMW heads the "completely fcukin' pointless as you'll never get near using 200 bhp" category and the Panigale tops the "Look at my gorgeous Italian bike that shows I've got more money than sense" category. I like to think my RSV4R heads the "What Honda would have made next if they'd kept going with the RC45" category or maybe the "Smile a mile" category
    I'm very happy with it, 150hp is gonna be enough for me for a long while yet. I'd love to have seen Honda make something like the new R1, more MotoGP based that people can actually afford. Not like the RVC213VS.