Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with 50mm Ali rad

Rides
    Looks like its a skyline one possibly. The pins should be offset slightly for the SX brackets. Mine was the same. I can't remember who made it (eBay special). But I made new brackets and it's been fine. I also got a partial refund

Rides
    Hi, Anyone know where I can get a rad for an 1990 S13 auto transmission? I want to keep car original but only seem to find manual ones. must be loads of auto rads pulled out to upgrade....any help much appreciated

Rides
    HI,

Thanks for your message, i'm not sure you know if there are actually any differences with an auto and manual rad.... correct me if i'm wrong like but i thought they fitted both.

I dont think they run a different rad like the r32 models do.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Japspeed View Post
    HI,

Thanks for your message, i'm not sure you know if there are actually any differences with an auto and manual rad.... correct me if i'm wrong like but i thought they fitted both.

I dont think they run a different rad like the r32 models do.
    Automatic radiators have a transmission cooling tube fitted in the lower tank with 2 take offs,
    one feeding hot ATF to the rad lower tank,the other returns cooled ATF to the slush box, its not the most efficient of coolers btw
    An external remote cooler surface to air will work a lot better and add fluid volume,like a tiny FMIC mounted in good air flow
    can even add a leccy fan behind the cooler on a toggle switch or with a temp sensor fitted in the gearbox to cooler feed line
    for stuck in traffic situations, Hayden coolers quote an auto gearbox will last at least twice as long with better cooling
    Heat is the enemy of many things
    the rads are same dimensions its just the missing lower tank cooler is the difference between them
    Last edited by ANDY black s13; 06-02-2014 at 16:02.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    Automatic radiators have a transmission cooling tube fitted in the lower tank with 2 take offs,
    one feeding hot ATF to the rad lower tank,the other returns cooled ATF to the slush box, its not the most efficient of coolers btw
    An external remote cooler surface to air will work a lot better and add fluid volume,like a tiny FMIC mounted in good air flow
    can even add a leccy fan behind the cooler on a toggle switch or with a temp sensor fitted in the gearbox to cooler feed line
    for stuck in traffic situations, Hayden coolers quote an auto gearbox will last at least twice as long with better cooling
    Heat is the enemy of many things
    the rads are same dimensions its just the missing lower tank cooler is the difference between them
    Thanks for the info.