Thread: Trackday Insurance

Rides

Trackday Insurance

Hello guys, when i was being told about my insurance like all mods covered etc my quote, i was also told about track day insurance just wanted to run by something on here first before i called up and booked the couple of days i want to be insured, the track day insurance does this cover outside of the uk? basically me and some of my friends are going to the ring and id like to be covered for it just in case

Any help would be amazing, cheers guys

Mike

Rides
    Now this I'd be interested in seeing.

Rides
    You're best to ring them on the phone. It may very well cost a bit more depending on your age, but green light are angels and will give you the best deal!

Rides
    In my experience, track day insurance specifically excludes the Nurburgring.

Rides
    If it does cover you, I would bet it doesn't cover the guardrail and other costs associated with crashing at the ring.

It's a big risk, personally I would stick to private track days at the ring. It's obviously more expensive, but it excludes you from a couple of the risks of the tourist sessions. Ie it's a public road, you crash into someone and you put both cars through the barriers, German police find you at risk. You will be liable and have to pay for the damages to the cars, barriers, personal injury, track closure, recovery etc etc.... Easily bankrupt most.

Rides
    ^^^ This.

I've only been to the Ring once, on a TF day. Of our group of 5 cars, one had a catastrophic engine failure (dumped oil everywhere, track closed, had to pay to recover car back to uk and various Ring costs) and then another had a collision (with a 911 GT3 RS 5.0 driven by a nutter!) which the police later concluded was not my mate's fault, but still caused a load a nause, track closure, expense, wasted a whole day with paperwork, etc.

Several of us had trackday insurance but none was valid for the Ring.

I'll never do a public day again, it's bonkers. Private track days are the only sensible option.

Rides
    cheers for the replys guys and i totally understand what you are saying its exactly what my friends have warned me about that im going on the trip with about all the expenses that youd have to pay (the barriers, track closure etc) was just curious as the track day stuff was something green light 100% wanted me to know about must of been mentioned quite a few times on the phone and just a heads up if you do go to the ring and say more than once a year the adac do recovery back to the uk and doing a special membership with them its only like 70 euros and thats for a year and they are the only recovery service that do the ring apparently