Thread: Softer coilovers?

Rides

Softer coilovers?

Hi

I currently have a set of Apex fast road coilovers, but have always felt they were a little too firm for the roads around here.

Been thinking a bit recently of going for something softer, which I guess would be either the Apex 'limo' or the Apex 'comfy'. Does anyone have any experience of both of these? I don't really do any track work so the car is predominantly used for normal driving (including 'bumpy' country roads) so would like something nice and compliant but also don't want to get something that is ridiculously soft.

Also, I am guessing uprated ARBs would help if I got something softer? I have looked into this in the past but was never sure what combination I should be going for. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    David

Rides
    Personally i run comfys. Love them to bits. Im a bit younger so dont mind a slightly hard ride. Imo their great and i drove about 250 mile round trip in comfort.

older boys on here run limos which seem really nice too. Uprated arbs are a must for both though imo to keep the handling spot on. Apex do a nice front and rear arb package which is very highly rated and very well priced too imo

Rides
    anything other than the limo and sometimes the comfy is too hard to make an improvement on the UK roads. 99% of the coilovers available are still too hard and will cause the car to skip and skate about over the pot holes and bumps, far too much time is spent with people trying to make there cars sit dead flat on corners and have stiff springs to make the steering feel more responsive. when in reality these cars never really see the track so all that is pointless.
    a nice supple set of springs and shocks or the coilovers you have mentioned are a much better way to cope with our roads and although the car will feel a little more floaty itll actially take corners a lot better.

also another suggestion i give is to try and use a higher profile tyre, it makes a massive difference to how the car deals with poor surfaces

Rides
    I used to run the Apex comfies till about 2 weeks ago but I changed them for Nismo S Tunes because the comfies were too hard for the roads round where I live , I have godspeed ARB's as well which make a massive difference but matched with the S Tunes their unbeatable , support and control in the corners but compliant ride for everyday .You may struggle to find some decent S Tunes but definitely worth seeking out .

Rides
    Ace, thanks for the responses

I can echo exactly what M.D. has said, the firmness of the suspension makes the car feel quite compromised when attacking lanes (which I do every day on my way to work!) and does not inspire confidence at all. 17" wheels is also something I have been thinking about but will probably stick with my 18s for a bit longer, if for no other reason than the tyres are pretty much new on them

Think I will go for a set of 'limo' coilovers over the s-tunes purely for the fact they are cheaper and heigh-adjustable

Rides
    For years I've never understood why those coilovers are called "lime-o"

Finally twigged ...

Rides
    Hahahaha that made me laugh out loud. You plank

Rides
    Iv got a set of s tunes and am after harder coilovers, pm me I'm sure we can sort a deal out

Edit, what model are they? Gen 2? What are the spring rates?