Thread: How to remove Touring sideskirts

Rides

How to remove Touring sideskirts

I want to remove the sideskirts from my S14a to check for rust underneath them. How do they come off? Are the held on with plastic clips or double side tape? Do the clips break on removal? Are the easy to source, etc.?

Thanks.

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Easy, undo the screws at each end to take the end caps off and then more screws spaced along underneath. After that just pull the skirts away and the clips should just pull out of the holes in the sills without any problems. Ive removed my side skirts a few times and never broken one yet.
    Brace yourself for what you may find
    Its gone!

Rides
    Hi ,first you need to unscrew the end caps on the skirt and from underneath along the sill , then gently pull from the front popping the clips as you go until its off . you may break some depends how gentle you are with it ,its worth getting some clips from driftbitz or gduk in case you need them .
    I took mine off for the very same reason a couple of months ago and it was ok under there ,refitting is the reverse of above .

Rides
    Matty Gee just got their before me lol

Rides
    Thanks guys. Fingers crossed it won't be bad under there! ;-)

Rides
    All I will say is don't lose the clips as they're hideously expensive from Nissan (something like £6+ for each one).

If yours is a UK car then it is likely you will have a bit of corrosion under there, be sure to give it a good prod just to make sure