Thread: Smokers tar..

Rides

Smokers tar..

hi Jem. ive had my civic type r for a few months and the previous owner was a smoker.

all over the dash and centre console is loads of small dark spots of smoke tar. and the silver centre piece just looks horrible..

do you have any tips to remove this and bring my dash back to new. its finally bugged me so much im going to do something about it..

cheers

Nick

Rides
    also whilst im thinking about it.

the tops on my door cards have some lighter (white) patches appearing. are these fixable with a product or will i have to live with it..

cheers

Rides
    If you mix some Meguires All Purpose Cleaner 50:50 with water, and put it into a spray bottle, then spray onto the dashboard working in a six inch square area at a time with a soft nail brush that should shift it. Then wipe with a cloth damp with clean water. Cars that have been smoked in can be a pain as it gets into every surface.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS13 View Post
    also whilst im thinking about it.

the tops on my door cards have some lighter (white) patches appearing. are these fixable with a product or will i have to live with it..

cheers
    Sounds an odd one, do you have any pictures?

Rides
    ill try and get one tomorrow in the daytime.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    If you mix some Meguires All Purpose Cleaner 50:50 with water, and put it into a spray bottle, then spray onto the dashboard working in a six inch square area at a time with a soft nail brush that should shift it. Then wipe with a cloth damp with clean water. Cars that have been smoked in can be a pain as it gets into every surface.
    Jem

How can i detail my car to your standard

One day il get u down as i simply dnt have the patience with the tooth brush.

Rides
    As above. I spent hours the other day with my da 6 trying to tidy the other halfs a3 up. A few points to make

its bloody hard work

I lost enthusiam after about 3 hours

its bloody hard work

oh and its bloody hard work

honestly jem i commend you on how much work you must do to get cars looking as good as you do. Even cleaning a few stains off the door cards took a couple hours for me, and i must admit, scrubbing at the same patches for hours is damm boring.

soon as we have the touch up at the bodyshop i need to get you down to save my mrs asking me to do it lol