Thread: NATS ACU and FOB from s14

Rides

NATS ACU and FOB from s14

As title - bought from Remote Key Ltd for £75.21.

The S14 that had not run for two years started up first time - shame it later turned out to have a scrap marker on the car and I couldn't get the V5 back Seller refunded me what I paid though, so was all good. This is obviously going spare.

1x S14 ACU Unit
    1x Brand New Fob

I'm asking £55inc 1st Class Recorded

Contact me at benjimac0@gmail.com as I don't check back here all that often these days

Rides
    bump from the dark ages

Price is negotiable - i refuse to bin this as I could not find one for love nor money when I wanted one.

If you let me have a passenger ride in your S14/a/S15/Sbody I might even give it you for free.

(I miss having one so damn much)
    Last edited by beeniemac; 29-10-2016 at 21:10.

Rides
    Ah bugger!! I have spent the last 5 months searching high and low for one of these! And only last week did I eventually find one and bought it. The new key fob that you bought, do you mean the "Master" key fob?

Rides
    Is this the master fob? and is it as simple as swapping it for the existing one and it'll all work? Im down to one fob and the prev owner lost the master, so im on the hunt for one before mine gives up the ghost and im stuck.

Rides
    This is the Immob unit and 1 2 button nissan/rover style blipper. For an s14 is simply a case of swapping out the ecu whilst the battery is d/c and plugging in this one. This is the only way to get around ACU ****upsI think

Rides
    Hi have u still got this ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Its no good without the Mater Fob anyway, you wont be able to program new fobs onto the ACU and should it loose its memory (usually after a long period of being disconnected) you will need the mater fob to re sync the system to any learnt fobs.

Mater fob only has 1 button and is used to sync, learn new fobs and disarm the system in the event of error.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDAL BABBOON View Post
    Its no good without the Mater Fob anyway, you wont be able to program new fobs onto the ACU and should it loose its memory (usually after a long period of being disconnected) you will need the mater fob to re sync the system to any learnt fobs.

Mater fob only has 1 button and is used to sync, learn new fobs and disarm the system in the event of error.
    As mentioned in the OP, this was sent away to the only guys who at the time were programming NATS1 units. Any member welcome to test it.

The ACU was sent away and came back with a brand new Rover style 2 button remote - this solved my non-starting s14 at the time. I'd be happy for any NW member to test it, I can't be sure but as I've said, anyone is welcome to test.

I cannot remember for the life of me if this was a master fob and they only supplied the two button units, or ACU trickery - just trying to help out to be fair, and if it does the trick, throw me a couple of beer tokens.

I was working as an auto-electrician back when I had this done and I'm sure I wouldn't have paid nearly £80 just for it to work for the lifetime of a single fob battery. I sent the ACU off on its own, and received the ACU back with the fob - the car then fired up first time.

Any NW s14 guys please email me on benjimac0 "at" gmail.com atleast to see if its worth keeping for someone.