Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The reason why my 200, wife, kids, house are neglected...

Rides
    Great work buddy, car looks smart
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nas241 View Post
    Can't say that I am remotely jealous in that setup / space at all, no way not in any shape or form

In all seriousness, looks great for the thread. But no doubt, you'll wish you made something even bigger!
    thanks, always handy to have more space but i definately cant complain! I have a mate with a shed around 4-5 times the size o this and he still manages to fill it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    Great work buddy, car looks smart
    once its polished up in the next few weeks & bumpers back on ill borrow the wife's camera instead of just camera phone snaps to get some proper photos of it - then hopefully ill actually get to drive it. The DVLA wont know what to do when a 200sx applys for tax rather than SORN!

Rides
    really enjoying reading this thread
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    As above, have thoroughly enjoyed reading through the complete thread. Excellent work all round.

Rides
    man, that's the dream right there!

Rides
    Landscaping shots for me please. Almost as interested in what it looks like outside.

Like everyone else, extremely jealous of the facilities you've built yourself.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by van_denton_san View Post
    man, that's the dream right there!
    thanks, just wish i could use it more at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Landscaping shots for me please. Almost as interested in what it looks like outside.
    ok, ill make an update as the thread is over-due for one.

as above, time has been a bit short. I normally work a rotation so get lots of it to tackle big jobs/projects at home, however work is full-on at the moment because were taking a new rig in so I’ve came off rota and working full time till the end of the year.

So in terms of the workshop and house, not a great deal forward !
    I started on the driveway, cleared out the area to the side of the workshop to provide a parking area for trailers and all the ground up to the edge of the house. That will give easily enough area for parking, access to the workshop doors and be able to turn things. It will allow me to level it off at the front of the garage door skirt so that low cars don’t need to worry.

So this is the clearing out of the front of the house, just like what I found in the workshop - topsoil depth wasn’t much, 12-16” at max so luckily I didn’t have to deal with too much. The house has lots of bushes / shurbs around it which I don’t like so ripped them out and top soil back filled it all.

Here is the expansion to the side of the house. Laid kerbing to keep garden / drive separate and at different heights.

spent time levelling it off

and grassed it, and this is how it stands today.

As above this is as far as I got with the parking area to the side. Cleared the top soil and laid kerbing. Still need to grade it and put down type 1.

To finish it I need to rip up the remaining tarmac, level off, put down type 1, compact it and then order up some chuckies. This was all meant to be done this year but I doubt I’ll get time this year because of work - however I gota look on the brightside and the extra days will help pay for it.

I did stick up the guttering and put flood lights up

the lights are 70w LED ones, provide decent light and hopefully wont need change outs but only time will tell!

So the to-do list for drive stands as;
    - sort drainage for guttering - i have a plan here which will has to wait till i do the drive.
    - rip up tarmac and level it off / type1 / compact.
    - pour concrete threashold at the drive entrance
    - order up ~3 lorry loads of chuckies

workshop
    - Paint internal walls white
    - I've now got the drip flashing for the walls, need to fit it and fill the wall-cladding with expanding foam.

Also I reluctantly took the decision not to MOT/tax the Nissan in August, just thought it was a waste of money to spend to get it on the road just when the weather turned. So just going to tick off the last few jobs on it over the winter and get it on the road ~april.

The brakes needed changed out from being off the road so long. So the fronts got treated to a evo brembo’s with 345mm disks. And I changed out the rears to z32 setup. None of the fittings on the car wanted to play so had to redo the hard lines.

From 315mm set up

to 345mm w/evo brembos

Car to do list
    - paint rear window/roof spoiler and fit
    - tidy up the alloys
    - bleed & bed in the brakes (carbotech's )

Rides
    Living the dream

Rides
    Awesome work, very jealous!

Rides
    Nice!

Rides
    thanks, appreciate the comments, it keeps this ticking over!
    Promise once work get back to normal and the final building bits are done I can turn attention to more interesting things soarer + large single is on the list for the little bro.

Rides
    Thanks for those landscape pics. The lawn looks grand

I just can't get my head around how much space you have ! So jealous.

Rides
    ha front of the house theres far more, cutting the grass is not a job i look forward too! I guess its just a reflection of the house and land prices vs down south. My mortgauge will be pretty small compared to a lot of people on here so can do daft things like this.

Aberdeen is expensive but out in the shire where i live it is very reasonable. land for agri can be as little as 3-5k/ acre, for scrub down at 1.5k/acre. house plots with +3acre & planning 40-80k.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s200rat View Post
    ... house plots with +3acre & planning 40-80k.
    lol. Been looking at plots outside of London in Essex with 0.5 acres and planning permission @ 400-500k. Then add 100-150k building costs

Only thing that stops me heading up to Scotlandshire is the weather. I need warmer weather than the South East offers not colder

Rides
    That is just the perfect car space, so so much envy for what you have there, great work man!

Rides
    Just read through some of this thread and skimmed the rest wow nice work space bigger than some people's premises lol, In my dreams Love the look of your subframe looks sweet I have just finished all the hard work on my 300 rear 3days to get the bushes out mental. Good read mate jealous as hell , also nice to see that the 200 following has a few north scotland member's as for me over on the 300 forum think there is only 2 north scotland members.

Rides
    Just read through this and Im totally impressed with the garage/shed build as it stands now and the time/effort put in. Would love to have workshop myself to get all the jobs done that normally have me lying on my driveway in the rain. Carry on the good work and hope the car is sorted and how you want it by April so you can blast the b-roads in something more powerful than the Mondeo ;-)

Rides
    thanks guys, its all slowly coming together. the last year has been pretty much wiped out because of work but I still got some of the smaller jobs ticked off when ive been home.

the 200 is pretty much ready to go, just sitting with a trickle charger on it. When spring time arrives next year it'll get mot/tax. The rear window spoiler is painted and ready to be stuck on. I've bled brakes and bedded in the carbotech's, I have to admit im fairly impressed with stopping ability so far with the set up! every time I jump in the car lately it always puts a smile on my face - after driving mondeo/trucks for so long ive forgotten how lively it is, cant wait till its out giving the local rs4's and bikes hassle again!!!

All that's really needed on it now is to tart up the alloys.

As for the shed, got a couple bits done
    - Drip flashing has been fitted and expanding foam down the gap between cladding and wall - no more wind inside!
    - Fitted another flood light to the side to cover the parking / storage area.
    - Fitted a security system (PIR's / strobe / siren / remote key pad) cause I've started getting nervous with all my tools / toys in it.
    Last edited by s200rat; 16-11-2014 at 12:18.