Thread: S15 Diff into S14

Rides

S15 Diff into S14

Sorry for bothering you guys with yet another diff question.

I'm going more fast road over drifitng, and as much as the welded auto one I have now is fun, it's impractical for my current usage.

So I've been looking at various LSD's and my perfect option would be a 1.5 kaaz however, I've heard very good things about the S15 Helical/Torson LSD

Just wondering what would be needed to do a swap (Heard various problems with speed sensors, etc.) Ideally, still using the auto diff housing and crown to keep the 3.9. Ideal world, pumpkins just swap, however, I imagine it's not as easy as that.

Advice?

Thanks

- Beefy

Rides
    It'll work, you just need the pumpkin and the output shafts

My diff is a S14/skyline/S15 hydrid

Rides
    Sound good to me buddy, How's your 'Sil/15/line' diff work/built just wondering?

Rides
    It's an S14 ABS housing, Skyline back plate and 4.086 final drive crown and pinion with S15 hellical internals

Using the Skyline back plate makes it neater as it doesn't have all the diff cooler pipework.

Rides
    Sounds promising for the hybrid set up I'm doing, I've heard that S15 doffs don't hold up too well if they're being locked too much, any advice?

Thanks for the info

Rides
    Apparently they don't last long if the car is used for drifting. I can't say first had as I don't drift, just track

Rides
    I think I might have to keep my welded one spare for trackdays then :P

Rides
    Personally, I would be looking at getting a skyline GTR factory nismo 2way and output shafts. 4.11 ratio. Found in most NON v/spec cars

I currently run a s15 nismo 2way, with r32 GTR output shafts, r33 gtr half shafts and hubs.. 3.69 ratio.

Rides
    i wouldnt be looking at a s15 diff if you planing much drifty poo fun. but as said just swap the crown wheel from the diff you have in there at the moment onto the helical unit.. its a straight swap.

Rides
    Cheers for the advice guys, I've found a place that is selling me full diff + casing for 270 so I'm going to be able to do some quick swaps for if I ever do dwyb days.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive "is a 14 year old" Littlechild View Post
    Personally, I would be looking at getting a skyline GTR factory nismo 2way and output shafts. 4.11 ratio. Found in most NON v/spec cars

I currently run a s15 nismo 2way, with r32 GTR output shafts, r33 gtr half shafts and hubs.. 3.69 ratio.
    Clive, what sort of money are the GTR 2-ways? My welded diff is on it's way out, and I'm looking at other options other than just chucking another welder in there lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Clive, what sort of money are the GTR 2-ways? My welded diff is on it's way out, and I'm looking at other options other than just chucking another welder in there lol
    400-500 for diff shafts and hubs.

I got a set up to suit a s13 frame. 300

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk 4