Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets all rave over Full Race manifolds here

Rides

Lets all rave over Full Race manifolds here

To save Daz's build thread from being a tribute thread to " Full race " I've started all the full race followers a thread

Happy bitching / worshipping

Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Not sure why it would be such a bad thing to copy the Full Race manifold? they're hardly a brand and so what? We could do with a decent manifold supplier this side of the pond. If someone copied one and started selling them nobody would be any the wiser and would be pretty chuffed I would've thought? Full Race would probably be flattered rather than livid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    I agree with this, what would be wrong with using it to make a jig up, and then getting someone that's good with a TIG welder to make it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k
    Are you two for real?!?!? You don't think that Full Race would be angry if someone ripped off their hard work? You think they'd be flattered.

They're hardly a brand?!?! What does that even mean? 5 of the top finishers in WTAC this year used FR systems. They're all over the US drag and Honda scenes. Even if by some twisted logic you don't deem them a 'brand' how does that make ripping off their hard work any more acceptable?

And they supply all over the world, so how you would expect them to be chuffed that someone had ripped off their product and sold it with no licence fee baffles me.

Never in all my life have I read such dross!

Rides
    Manifolds are confusing. See you have full race, powertune ect off the self but when you read the books on manifold designs they all disagree with each other and the guys next to me build some trurly epic stuff and seem to get epic results dis like full race when I showed them a top mount twin scroll coated one.

I'm going to build my own just for the challenge means I've got a new shine tig welder and purge kit
    Last edited by -ghost-; 01-11-2013 at 14:47.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Are you two for real?!?!? You don't think that Full Race would be angry if someone ripped off their hard work? You think they'd be flattered.
    Have you spent Friday lunchtime in the pub? Where in my post did I say to make a total copy of it? There would be nothing stopping anyone from taking a Full Race manifold and making one losely based on it. I was hinting using it to get the flanges in the right place then making up the pipework. Something that Full Race could do nothing about, and I doubt they'd even give two shits about 1 person making a manifold...

Rides
    No dude but come on, your post started with you agree with Lee. I don't understand how the rip off attitude is OK on any scale. I think FR would have something to say as well.

Rides
    If someone has the skills to make one then I very much doubt they would need to copy someone else's design.

They're all pretty generic anyway.

Rides
    No dude but come on, your post started with you agree with Lee. I don't understand how the rip off attitude is OK on any scale. I think FR would have something to say as well.
    Do you have shares in FR? Haha. Seriously, wake up. Everyone rips everyone off. Big companies do it all the time. I think Ryan's been smoking something this afternoon? He loco!?!

Sorry for ruining your build thread Dazzle.
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 01-11-2013 at 16:29.

Rides
    Everyone rips everyone off.

You're right. Let me just go look at the plethora of twin scroll SR20 manifolds currently out there.

Not a case if waking up bud, you're talking nonsense.

Rides
    Everyone does rip everyone off, at the end of the day a manifold is tubes connecting a turbo to the head, well made ones are all going to be very similar. Just because you spend your evenings ****ing over Full Race manifolds, doesn't mean everyone else should share your views. I'm not saying fully copy every aspect of a Full Race, I'm just saying use it to make an equally good one, something FR would be able to do nothing about, and, as I said, I doubt they'd even bat an eyelid at one person making one.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Ripping off a design is ripping off a design end of. I think if someone were to get someone to make some similar to the same quality they'd find the cost would be similar to the full race set up!

Its not cool ripping off hard work...look at the Ebay chips that have ripped off Jez's maps...

Just cause people do it doesn't mean its justified, the typical statement of if everyone else jumped off a cliff would you?

I don't mind paying a premium for high quality parts, it just happens that a large portion of UK car owners would rather be a pikey and get a knock off version to save some cash.

Rides
    Could not have said it better myself.

And frankly the attitude of 'do it as they wouldn't be able to do anything about it' is worse.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    I think if someone were to get someone to make some similar to the same quality they'd find the cost would be similar to the full race set up!
    And if someone in the UK made some the same quality, and it ended up the same price, I'd rather buy from them, to support someone in the UK, not America.

Piman, you don't listen to a word anyone says, so I'm gonna leave it at this. Just go back to selling overpriced ECU's and whatnot.

Sorry Daz, last post about this lol, carry on!

Rides
    Thought I'd be the one to state the obvious. .... This is a build thread not a discussion thread !

Start a thread in the " s body related chat " to continue talking why full race is great blah blah.

Sorry Daz

Rides
    And if someone in the UK made some the same quality, and it ended up the same price, I'd rather buy from them, to support someone in the UK, not America.

Piman, you don't listen to a word anyone says, so I'm gonna leave it at this. Just go back to selling overpriced ECU's and whatnot.

Sorry Daz, last post about this lol, carry on!
    Read everything you wrote. Understood it. Disagreed that doesn't mean I didn't listen. There's a distinct difference.

Personally I don't see why it matters where it comes from either. Hard work is hard work. Too many SX owners in the UK are pikeys so our market reflects this, and it's only in the US or AUS now that people still believe in quality parts and the prices they reflect.

Rides

Rides
    Read everything you wrote. Understood it. Disagreed that doesn't mean I didn't listen. There's a distinct difference.

Personally I don't see why it matters where it comes from either. Hard work is hard work. Too many SX owners in the UK are pikeys so our market reflects this, and it's only in the US or AUS now that people still believe in quality parts and the prices they reflect.
    I think most UK people would buy the gtec, mazworx, FR gear.. If we live in oz and USA and didn't have to pay the shipping and taxes which really push the price up..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I hope so Clive. Then there's hope yet. We do get totally screwed over.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    No one in the UK makes a manifold to the same quality though, some people might claim to but I would imagine doing tests the FR one would be better.

If someone in UK put that much effort into designing one and proving it works at a competative price then I'd support them, dam right I would. I wouldn't support them if they just made a JIG of the FR set up and copied it as best they could because that just makes the manufacturer/copier a lazy dickhead with no real talent.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I've moved the posts from Daz's thread to here
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I've moved the posts from Daz's thread to here
    Nice one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Personally I think they look absolutely stunning, very nice looking welds, however I think the initial engineering design is poor, firstly all the weight is on the welds not within the machined faces, also the fact that its top mount which would raise the centre of gravity which is a shame, for me the Tomie expreme manifold is unmatched by anything, low mount turbos for the win.