Thread: Fuse and wiring problem, help asap please

Rides

Fuse and wiring problem, help asap please

So i had a bit of a wiring related incident which im in the process of resolving and need a little help. An easy one is a fuse has blown in the footwell, its 7.5A, left column, second from bottom. Car is an S14 silvia import.

The second problem is a bit more detailed. I had to cut away some damaged wiring in the drivers side wheel arch loom. In there were 2 wires of the same colour: Red with blue stripe with silver bands. There are 2 of them and im wondering if anyone could explain what they are and what the problem may be if i got them the wrong way round.

Thanks very much, off to look for a fuse box diagram haha. Cheers.

Rides
    Another question, possibly simpler.

There is an 8 pin plug next to the fusebox in the engine bay that joins the loom on the side of the engine and then disappears off. On that plug, in the corner there is a wire that is green with an orange stripe and has silver bands. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I think whatever is at the end of it is going to be effed! But it would help to know what it was so i know where to begin cutting it out.

Thanks

Rides
    Ok, is it the speedo wire? This could explain alot and make me feel alot better

Rides
    I'd need to look at a loom to be sure but i think that wire goes to the speedo sensor

Rides
    If you could confirm thatd be awesome.

Thanks