Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New S13 owner

Rides

Talking New S13 owner

Hi,

Bought a S13 off ebay a couple weekends ago so thought i should probably get a build thread up (when i work out why im locked out of that thread)

The S13 is my first proper car as i came from a 1.4 polo

I want to get the S13 to a similar look to my polo, low and wide with a reliable stage 2/3 setup

As you can see from the photos its in absolute mint condition and has been garaged since new and has had one owner from new

The only bad point is the rust under the spoiler but i will be getting rid of the awful spoiler and getting the boot smoothed

The car probably wasn't driven too hard in its 21 year life

And the best bit about the car is the mileage

Because it is so mint I almost want to keep it all original and just enjoy how nissan designed the car but that's not why i bought it and also driftworks having a 10% sale isn't helping
    Last edited by bikerboywill; 04-01-2015 at 17:55.

Rides
    Wow that's tidy.For my ten cents I'd fit coilovers,5 stud hubs,R33 brakes & some sexy wheels & do f#%k all else.

Rides
    Agreed, any ruining of this car with tacky and irreversible "scene" mods will result in several drive-by shootings by members of this forum

Rides
    Very nice indeed! Health to drive and enjoy!

Rides
    So it did go to a member on SXOC (albeit a new one!) http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...13-25k-miles-O

The original photos do not appear to have done this car justice, it looks considerably nicer in your photos I have to say Be interested to see how this progresses, either way a very nice example - hope you enjoy it plentiful ! (To make a build thread, believe you have to become a paid member)

I similarly had an original 'clean' one, but when push came to shove I couldn't bare to have it modified into a drift car (my sole intended purpose).. that and I could already feel the wrath of Mr Wilkinson building up (Just kidding man )

Rides
    Yeah i have to re itterate, good condition s13 are very rare these days, please modify this tasetfully, and be careful espcially with the current weather as they like to bite you in the arse

As for going low and wide, going too low can really ruin the ride of these as well as the handling, if you go low get some good quallity coilovers, allignment arms as well as good tyres.

If you want any advice please feel free to drop me a pm, have a good read of the tech section also

You have a blinding car there mate, thats a great buy, and the polo looks like a well looked after little car mate
    aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    as for the national trust sitcker, i had a membership in my s14a when i had it i must have been the youngest most out of place member but it got you free parking at some good mtb locations

Rides
    That looks like a great find. Please take care of it and enjoy

Rides
    Cheers guys for the warm welcome. Hopefully I won't be ruiening it too much. Will be looking after it though. First job is a full paint correction starting with a good clay, then flat it back with compound, polish it back up and seal it all. Then I'm gonna waxoil the whole underside and get the boot done and that should give me a nice solid base to begin modding. And mabe I won't be putting a build thread up as I'm not keen on paying for forums. Might have to keep it on here

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Welcome to sxoc matey. Wow! What an example! Top find there dude!

As for paying for membership. If you take advantage of the member discounts then go to a couple of the sub'd events it has more than paid for itself. In the SW area you can easy save big bucks with a cheeky payout on a membership early on. The ECP discount on a battery is worth around 20 quid alone

Access SXOC on the go and get instant notifications for free! http://tapatalk.com

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    as for the national trust sitcker, i had a membership in my s14a when i had it i must have been the youngest most out of place member but it got you free parking at some good mtb locations
    All my local Mtb locations are free to park at what do you ride?

Rides
    Hindhead was opposite a national trust car park. I think my membership was 25 quid, and it was 3 quid a day to park. Then used it camping in Scotland etc

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    As for paying for the forum bud, don't worry about it. The sxoc is a great club either way its important to find your feet. If you see a value in the membership then sign up oh and looking at the polo I doubt you will ruin much that looks immaculate.

Rides
    Cheers, as for the polo I did love doing it. Learnt so much from owning it like not to over roll arches and just basic mechanics. Will be nice going from 60bhp to 250+

Rides
    is that 22k

i think you already know how to make a car look nice.

give the 200 the same love and you will have the complete package

Rides
    yeah boy! a fellow polo owner haha! car looks fresh!

Rides
    yeah good work buddy, if your coming from a 60hp car, id keep the stock power for a little while and spend your money on handling/ braking mods. 180 odd brake will feel plenty for a while especially in the bad weather.

If your looking for some inspiration have a look through the project threads, i hear your pain with badly rolled arches but you can get some decent fitment wheels under an s body with stock or very gently rolled arches.

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/forumdisplay...S-Body-Chassis
    Last edited by LED sandwich; 01-01-2014 at 13:14.

Rides
    If you are losing the wheels and the spoiler, I might be interested in both.

Could you PM me where abouts in Devon you are ?

Also, this quote from Peter below is 100% gold-plated fact....

Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Is that the one that went for about £3.5K?

£1.5-2K of that is for it being mint and unmolested.

A single major none stock part like an exhaust system would knock £1K off it.

A set of new alloys or new coilovers would reduce it to having to be broken to get the cost of them back.
    As Aaron (LED Sandwich) can confirm. His car has already been through that process. It was Ron Bones car; a mint 25K burgundy facelift. Ron sold it to someone who tried to mod it and failed. He sold it to someone who modded it some more an failed then broke the car. Aaron bought big bits of it and resurrected it as a nicely modded car. It will never go back to being the stunning standard car it was though

I'm not saying don't mod it. Given the level of mods on mine, that would be hypocritical apart from anything else. Just be aware that modding it WILL devalue it substantially.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 01-01-2014 at 14:54.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Definitely leave it as standard as possible, or at least reversible.

There's others out there that would be an equally good base for extreme modifications and you'll be better off financially selling this and using a less tidy one.

Rides
    The above is all true, its a sad fact but a few mods really do transform these cars in to something fantastic to drive.

The s13 I have had literally gone through exactly that although with someone being careful to keep it all reversible. If you keep all the stock parts, avoid rolling the arches and cutting holes then you should be fine.

That being said its your car mate and by the mileage needs to be driven.

I'd deffinately recommendmend a cambelt and service if its not had one as well as checking all the perishable hoses.