Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New S13 owner

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13_brad1993 View Post
    how hard was the 5 stud conversion really want to do it on my s13 ?

Really not that hard. It's just a case of getting the right parts. Once you have them it's just a case of bolting stuff together. It also depends how much new stuff you want to reuse

Rides
    Not doing the 5 stud now pal , just trying to figure out the rear brakes , been offered s14 rear calipers but not sure if they will work with standard rear setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    I don't think s14 would work as they don't use the internal handbrake. Think the cables will be he wrong length. That's why I used the z32 discs and calipers as they are exactly the same as the s13 just a larger diameter

Rides
    So took the 200 out today to go retrieve my arch roller and on the way home stopped off to take some up to date pics in the rain

Last edited by bikerboywill; 04-05-2015 at 15:27.

Rides
    Pictures look ace! Cheers for popping over today and lending a hand . Might have to borrow your camera next

Rides
    Thats stunning mate. very nicely done :-)

Rides
    Wow that looks so good!

Rides
    Tidy mate real tidy

Rides
    that's how it's done,clean & stock.
    well done.

Rides
    Looks fantastic mate, makes me with i hadn't brutalised me rear arches to fit my wheels

Rides
    I learnt from the polo not to over roll arches! I just rolled the lips flat and didn't flare them at all so that unless you specifically looked you wouldn't notice. The cars in such good condition I can't bare to do unreversible mods

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboywill View Post
    I learnt from the polo not to over roll arches! I just rolled the lips flat and didn't flare them at all so that unless you specifically looked you wouldn't notice. The cars in such good condition I can't bare to do unreversible mods
    I've paid the price as i've just got my arches smoothed over and re painted.

Rides
    Should be looking sick once that's done though

Rides
    Hey, had a good look round this at Japfest, unbelievably smart, great work. Just out of interest, where did you get the boot repaired? Mine looks roughly the same as yours did and it's next on the to-do list..

Rides
    Cheers bud! I got it done at a local place near kingsbridge. Probably a it far for you. If I were in your position I would go to somewhere in Exeter. There's loads to choose from. There's one in sowton industrial estate near where I work that always has ferraris and posh cars in. That's where I'm gonna go from now on I think

Rides
    Well as i'm waiting for parcelfarce to deliver me another turbo elbow which was supposed to be here yesterday but they decided they couldn't be arsed to get to me, I thought i'd put up a mini update.

Bought a Toyosport exhaust elbow about a year ago ready for a company to custom make me an exhaust but due to them not returning my calls twice I have given up and am just going to go for a ready made system. So after getting a downpipe and de-cat pipe i thought i would fit them to the standard cat-back and just wait to see what comes up for sale.

So after alot of swearing i managed to get the old exhaust system off. I lined up my turbo elbow and quickly realised it wasn't going to work I believe they sent me an s14 one instead as the angle is way off. Tried to get my money back but cause i bought it so long ago i didnt really have a chance. So if anyone wants a s14 elbow let me know

Nice clean t25 with no play (as to be expected from a 25k car)

A rubbish photo of the s14 elbow fitted on the s13, as you can see it angles towards the chassis leg. Even if i cut it up it it would still be way off so ordered a japspeed one which i hope will be right Does anyone know what the bit of rubber pipe is that comes out and is touching the elbow in the top left of the picture? I take its a drain or a breather for something?

While the car was on axle stands i though i may as well fit my poly gearbox mount that I've had lying around for ages. I ordered a gearbox exhaust mount plate from miniaturemanufacturing which saved me having to find a bit of spare plate and fab something up.

Original gearbox mount next to the poly mount and adapter plate

Bolted together

And a terrible photo of it all fitted,

Hopefully this will sort out my shifting issues under hard acceleration

And a photo my friend took when we were waiting at some lights

Rides
    So I finally fitted the exhaust What a pain it was!

I got the Japspeed elbow 3 days late because parcelfarce didnt deliver it 3 days in a row!? Anyway i went to test fit it so i could cut it up ready for my flexi downpipe and realised i couldn't fit the lower bolt in hole as they haven't left enough room So that meant ordering some new turbo studs so that i could use a stud instead of the original bolt. This took another 5 days

Thats as far as the bolt goes in before it gets wedged

Fitted a the new turbo stud along with a new genuine nissan turbo gasket

The japspeed elbow only has a 2.5" outlet as opposed to the toyosport one which has a 2.75". This completed ****ed up my flexi downpipe plan as the flexi I had was 2.75". I managed to make up some spacers out of some spare bits of pipe and cut them up to act as spacers but it was abit rubbish and there were still some gaps which meant no one was keen to tig weld it up for me So in the end i got bored of waiting and welded it up my self at work with a normal mig with mild steel wire which means it will rust but ive painted it with some VHT clear paint that i had left over from my calipers, so hopefully that should stay on there to stop it rusting. As a disclaimer I am no welder (as you can see from the pictures) but it doesn't leak and has penetrated right through the elbow so should hopefully stay together.

The weld was abit spitty as i pressume it was because of the wrong gas/wire but came out ok if you dont look dirently at it for too long!

Im pretty happy with the fitment as it sits above the chassis rails and still has space to the chassis.

I had to drill out the decat holes bigger to allow some wiggle room but it all eventually bolted together

Makes a really nice sound Its not too loud but still makes a good bit of noise when needed Pretty sure its louder than 92db which is good news, ill try measure it some time

The difference a full exhaust makes over the standard system is unbelievable. The car picks up so much faster and just feels more alive, cant wait to get a boost controller to make the most of new free flowing system

I also fitted a new set of whiteline anti roll bars to stiffen it up even more. I painted them as soon as i got them as the whiteline powder coat is renowned for being pants. I forgot to take photos but you can see the rear one in some of the above photos. The car is now stiff, very stiff
    Last edited by bikerboywill; 14-06-2015 at 16:24.

Rides

Not sure if you've seen this car before, resemblance is uncanny!

Rides
    Yea I have, that sort of confirmed my need for rpf1's! Not sure about the skirts though

I'm annoyed his fitment is better than mine aswell but I'm pretty sure that's running 10j's all around

Rides

Fitting a Walbro 255 fuel pump to S13

So in preparation for more boost I fitted a new fuel pump which I had been putting off since I bought the car, but it turned out to be really simple (and nothing caught fire/ exploded)

Quick run through of what to expect if your thinking of changing a s13 pump as i couldnt find much on the tinterwebs

Removed the 10 amp fuel pump fuse (2nd down on the left row. Removed in the photo)

What you get as standard

Soldered connections as opposed to clips as i was expecting as shown on s14 instructions I was following

New Walbro 255 installed on the standard cradle. Its alot smaller than the original but hopefully will pump better

New tank seal as recommended by pretty much everyone on here as the old one expands when exposed to petrol for long periods (New seal on the left)

And finally a new Z32 fuel filter which is massive compared to the original. Black petrol was coming out of the old one so it was long overdue

Now to fit my boost gauge and boost controller and i'll be away