Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New S13 owner

Rides
    Seriously clean car you have there bud. Top job.

Rides
    Just read this from start to finish! Amazing car mate, especially love the RPF1s!
    May have to use your section on the hub conversion, just got to wait for my S13 to come over from Japan

Rides
    Thanks!
    That's why I wrote abit about the hub conversion as I couldn't find any solid info about it anywhere. Hope it will help you!

I've got some things on order for the car and was hoping to have them fitted before japfest but it's looking pretty unlikely now due to most things being on back order

Rides
    I was the 1st person to comment on this thread in Dec 2013 & I have to say that this car just gets better & better.
    I've just found myself another S13 in the same colour but unfortunately not in the same condition.
    It's funny reading back about your rusty bootlid with that tiny hole in it!
    Mines been sat in a garage for 10 years & I could fit my fist into 4 holes in my bootlid!
    When I bought the car last week I made a list of parts I want & today I've just read through this build again & I'm basically going to be making a clone by the sounds of it!!
    Sorry!

Rides

Mega photo update

Wow!
    This threads been un-active for over a year now not alot happened last year to the car. I attended a few shows but mainly got distracted by holidays and riding bikes which meant my battery relocation took a couple months instead of a couple hours like it should have but over the winter i found my love for her again and I have been very slowly "stage 3ing" the car

I bought this jdm bumper ages ago as i've always hated the uk plastic spec rubbish that comes on our cars and mine was especially bad as it had retrofit parking sensors in

It sat in my shed for for about a year untill one sunny day last year I decided to fit it onto a uk bumper support i had. I stripped the plastic off the support and painted it black

I then lost my mind at the nissan dealership and spent hideous amounts of money on new mounting hardware

Old rusty shite replaced by lovely new oem pieces

And the finished article!

This was probably the most expensive way of doing a jdm bumper swap but at least i know its all solid

Rides
    Right time to start fitting go faster bits

Bought a brand new t2560r from Turbo Dynamics and fitted new HEL braided lines

Took the old turbo out

Fitted new t28r with the braided lines and cleaned up the oil drain

Received my care package from Opie

Bought some turbo inlet and outlet adapters from china which took ages to come and after fitting the inlet I realised it left me with hardly any space for a bend for the intercooler piping

....so i bought a tap and tapped a thread into my stock outlet so the actuator could get pressure from the turbo as t28r's dont have it built into the turbo housing like t25's

So after many hours of trying to decided what route to go down with intercoolers I decided you could only get cheap Chinese shite that likely would be designed for sr's, not ca's as advertised and they all looked rubbish so i decided to have a go at making my own kit. After alot of thinking and calculations i came up with a very rough plan

I bought a load of stainless mandrel bends, rented a metal chop saw and spent a sunday chopping and taping pipes together and came up with something like this...

So now i was stuck with a load of bends that were stuck together with tape, if only i knew someone who could weld stainless..... Well that person turned out to be me For some unknown reason, work had bought a TIG welder (not really needed in the electricity industry) so when ever i had a spare moment i taught my self to TIG (very poorly) and eventually bit the bullet and spent an evening welding up the piping

To my surprise it didn't turn out terribly

Next i decided to make a catch can as i couldn't find any decent ones for a reasonable price. I got the pad out again and sketched some more ideas. I decided on a closed catch can that would filter out any oil vapor by forcing the air through two pieces of sheet steel with holes drilled in them with scouring pad stuffed between them.

I decided i wanted a can along the radiator cowling as it now looked empty without the stock intercooler pipe. I got a piece of spare pipe i had from the intercooler piping and started making.

Filled the inside with scouring pads to filter the oil vapor

The pads were sandwiched between the two plates with holes in to stop anything nasty being sucked into the turbo or them moving about and blocking the holes

The finished article complete with some hoses and finishers from HEL

Not sure whether to get my intercooler piping and catch can powder coated black or polish the pipes up. Think I'm leaning towards the blacked out stealth look.

So to save cutting up my original shark nose bumper for an intercooler I needed a replacement and what better than a genuine type x

I bought some 444cc syline gtr injectors years ago when i saw this set going cheap, i had them flow tested and fitted them

Fitted some new NGK grade 7 iridium plugs and had to take a photo of just how clean this engine really is

And thats about where i'm up to now, im waiting for bumpers to come back from paint so i can fit them and start test driving to see if everything works, then i just need to fit my clutch and flywheel and shell be all good for show season!
    (lets hope I make it to japfest)
    Last edited by bikerboywill; 11-04-2017 at 21:48.

Rides
    Looks amazing dude, good job

Rides
    Awesome mate, had my doubts when you mentioned about fabbing up the IC pipework yourself but you've nailed it. And that catch can looks ace too. Can't wait to see it out in a few weeks

Rides
    Made it to Japfest without anything breaking! (even though it was on standard actuator pressure and standard clutch)

I was advised to get an adjustable actuator as my standard 7psi one wouldnt appreciate over double pushed through it.

Nice new HKS adjustable actuator was fitted along with a stage 2 competition clutch and lightened flywheel (which I have no photos of)

I set the boost up to 16psi and let er rip and wow what a difference. This is how the car should feel.

I then went to the southwest rolling road day which was a great day with loads of wicked cars. The little CA made 272bhp @15psi (i'll chuck a dyno graph up when i get one)

On the way home i stopped at a mates house and decided to get some photos with the new bumpers on

Last edited by bikerboywill; 17-05-2017 at 18:27.

Rides
    Saw it at Japfest and it's confirmed for me that the kouki front does look good without the rest of the kit. Mine shall be getting sprayed and put right on.

Seriously good looking 13 though it's always been my fave one.

PS: Do you mean 272, not 172?

Rides
    Went to Southwest Auto Sport on sunday and had these two rad photos taken. Shows the front of the car off quite well I thought

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Saw it at Japfest and it's confirmed for me that the kouki front does look good without the rest of the kit. Mine shall be getting sprayed and put right on.

Seriously good looking 13 though it's always been my fave one.

PS: Do you mean 272, not 172?
    HA! oops, ill get that changed
    A 2 hp increase from standard would be a bit embarrassing

Rides
    Seen this at so many shows but never realised you had a project thread here!

That is seriously clean mate well done to you and awesome work on the fabrication

Rides
    Stunning. Really love this

Rides
    love the colour, mainly as i have one in the same colour

Rides

Looked through here the other day and realised I had no real photos of the engine bay as the others were taken when it was in a garage with no light and no space to take photos. So rolled the car out of the garage for a check over and some photos.
    Nothing will be happening this year with the car as I’ve just bought a house and literally have no time for anything else ......... haven’t even driven it this year! So maybe next year I’ll see some of you around