Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our new workshop

Rides

Our new workshop

We've been in for a couple of months but it's taking ages to get it how we want, it's amazing how long tidying and organising takes!

We ended up with a smaller unit than we wanted as we just missed out on our first choice, although this is a much better specced building.

Outside:

Starting on the showroom:

Stairs to mezzanine going up:

Showroom frame complete:

Floor painted and first of the cars in, I was a bit unsure on the floor colour at first, we've always had grey floors but fancied something different, now we've spent some time in the worshop it's much more comfortable than grey:

Ceiling supports up and wiring going in:

Studwork up and handrail fitted:

Test fit of the showroom, (yes I know my car is dirty!):

Lights off:

Light on, (testing the PIR):

I'll upload more when I get a chance, it's taking so long to get straight I keep forgetting to take pictures!

Alex B

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looking good mate Whats the idea behind the show room, cars you've just finished awaiting collection i'm guessing?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Whats the workshop for our havei missed something

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Looking good mate Whats the idea behind the show room, cars you've just finished awaiting collection i'm guessing?
    No, we got the idea from the other workshop we looked at/wanted, which we would have put finished cars in as it had it's own roller shutter door so was easy to get in and out, this one will just have one of our demo cars in so people can come and see an example of our work. We're currently building the doors so it is completely enclosed, as it's also to stop customers walking into the workshop.

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by slider200 View Post
    Whats the workshop for our havei missed something
    We're getting back into classic restoration and custom painting, been out of the scene for about 6 years but miss it too much!

Alex B

Rides
    Custom painting??

Rides
    Yeah, stuff like this:

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    Yeah, stuff like this:

Alex B
    Are you anything to do with AC?

Rides
    Yeah why?

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    Yeah why?

Alex B
    No its just cool really, I (being honest) copied the grey/red Nova design on some test panels some years back - AC was one of the bodyshops I wanted to be like before I had my own...

I even bought a Nova...

Rides
    That Nova was a massive headache, it was done for the Haynes/Max Power modifying manuals, so every little job was photographed, you cannot imagine how much it slowed the job down, not to mention the front bumper they bought was awful, it was about 4" too wide, when we phoned the supplier asking if they'd supplied the bumper from a wide arch kit they said it was the same bumper! That's why it looks so chunky on the front end, it's the best we could do with the time and money allowed!

We went on to do a Civic, Focus and a little bit of work on the 206, but we got a list of jobs they wanted pics of, saved them all up and just had the photographers in for a few days.

Alex B

Rides
    I followed most of the stuff from AC buddy and having done all the same work myself I know the headaches involved. I didnt however have Haynes on my back!

Rides
    We done loads of work with magazines and very quickly worked out that photographers are a funny breed, a 5 minute job like putting filler on or refitting a door mirror would take 2-3 hours! We were doing our days work after the photographers left at about 4, only to get moaned at that they missed a load of photo opportunities! It was immense fun but from a business point of view it was suicide!

Alex B

Rides
    I actually went on tatsu to see if you guys were still around but that club seems dead now.
    My s15 might need some work when your up and running rear arches were screwed on are showing rust rear stock arches under over fenders need work bit of rust on boot. Bonnet roof and boot need repaint in gtr titanium grey if you think you could do that?

Rides
    None of that sounds a problem. Yeah tatsu is a bit quiet, not got many staff and we're all so busy we don't get time to keep it active!

Alex B

Rides
    A lot of the local clubs are quiet tbh think Facebook has prob done that to.
    Cool can you drop mea contact number and I'll be intouch

Rides
    So much room for activities!

Looks awesome mate, and right on my door step (If it's where I think it is). I keep thinking about going midnight purple, so you might get a call one day

Rides
    We're basically Weston-Super-Mare, but just far enough out to avoid most of the congestion!

Alex B

Rides
    That’s a very nice space!
    It’s a high spec’d shed, fully galvanised and insulated, plenty money in it. Im sure it’s a very nice place to be in. The 2 roller doors on the side and apex is a handy feature.

Good call on the floor colour, grey is always the norm but personally don’t understand why cause it kills the lighting and as soon as you drop a bolt you waste 10mins trying to find it!

The mez floor must be rated for huge loads by the size of the steel.

All the best with getting the workshop up and running, takes a lot of time to do the little jobs but by the looks of things it will be worth it. Looking forward to progress updates!

Rides
    You thinking of having open/launch day Alex (looking good)