Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our new workshop

Rides
    I'll try be there if you do

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I can see an sxoc/tastu BBQ in the summer
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yeah I expect we'll do something when the weather improves, we've got plenty of parking

Alex B

Rides
    Pretty cool mate. Showroom suits S14a well, looks like it's home from now on

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I can see an sxoc/tastu BBQ in the summer
    mmmmmmmmmmmm bbq food :P

Rides
    Hi, the workshop's looking good, you'll probably find that the smaller premises will help you to keep things really tidy. Good Luck for the future.

Hope you don't think I'm being nosy, well, I suppose I am. I belong to the Reliant Sabre & Scimitar Owners Club, and we have no record of the Scimitar SE5 you show in one of your pictures. Would it be possible to let me have details of the Chassis number, if the owner has no objection.

With thanks,

Barrie

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s200rat View Post
    That’s a very nice space!
    It’s a high spec’d shed, fully galvanised and insulated, plenty money in it. Im sure it’s a very nice place to be in. The 2 roller doors on the side and apex is a handy feature.

Good call on the floor colour, grey is always the norm but personally don’t understand why cause it kills the lighting and as soon as you drop a bolt you waste 10mins trying to find it!

The mez floor must be rated for huge loads by the size of the steel.

All the best with getting the workshop up and running, takes a lot of time to do the little jobs but by the looks of things it will be worth it. Looking forward to progress updates!
    Yeah we were gonna get a normal mezzanine, but this turned up 10 minutes away from the unit for a bargain price and is 100 times stronger than the normal stuff. Our rails are 12" rsj, bearers are 8" and 10mm steel chequerplate floor, all held up with 6" box legs. Used to be about 14" taller and used in an engineering shop, so will be more than strong enough for anything we want to put up there!

Hopefully the doors should be finished this week and the last of the tidying should be done, so I can get some better pictures

Alex B

Rides
    Doors are made and clamped in place, hinges are made, hopefully we'll get it all attached and working in the next day or so!

Alex B

Rides
    Looking good, can you come and do mine after? tea and biscuits will be offered all day + free beer at the end of the day!!

Rides
    Looks awesome

Like how the tea / coffee area is the first thing sorted got the priorities right

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tycorc84 View Post
    Pretty cool mate. Showroom suits S14a well, looks like it's home from now on
    Unfortunately not, as soon as we've got it finished the BMW show car will be going in there! Although at that point the 200 will be getting pulled apart for a revamp

Alex B

Rides
    The floor in the showroom is finally dry enough to put the BM in, so a couple of upto date pictures of the showroom, just need to hang some pictures.

Hopefully I'll get some of the workshop tomorrow.

Alex B

Rides
    Looks really great Alex, what colour orange on the bm,

Rides
    Gotta be a house of color candy orange

Rides
    Thank you. Yep, it's HOK tangerine kandy over Zenith Gold, with Cinder Red scallops.

Alex B

Rides
    Ah a straight forward colour then

Rides
    Yep Definitely worth the effort, you cannot beat HOK for quality and finish! It won Best paint - Pro at Max power live 2006, sat out the back of our old workshop for a year, then in our garage at home until last October when we drove it to the new workshop and washed it, still haven't even polished it!

Alex B

Rides
    I was just about to ask you about the HOK paint as I found the colour I want in HOK but they paint shop don't rate HOK which confused me as its the only really big brand I've ever heard of?

Rides
    If a paintshop don't rate HOK they dont know how to use it, was it a kandy? Most run of the mill bodyshops would struggle as the process cant be rushed and its not very forgiving, there are a few ways it can go wrong easily, which wouldn't happen with a 'normal' paint.

We attended a seminar with Jon Kosmoski, (the founder of HOK), in 2002 and he said if you get more than 10% drop in gloss over 20 years you've done something wrong as a painter, I think our BM proves it wasnt sales bs.

Sorry, I could go on and on about how good it is, it's a product I can't praise enough.

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    If a paintshop don't rate HOK they dont know how to use it, was it a kandy? Most run of the mill bodyshops would struggle as the process cant be rushed and its not very forgiving, there are a few ways it can go wrong easily, which wouldn't happen with a 'normal' paint.

We attended a seminar with Jon Kosmoski, (the founder of HOK), in 2002 and he said if you get more than 10% drop in gloss over 20 years you've done something wrong as a painter, I think our BM proves it wasnt sales bs.

Sorry, I could go on and on about how good it is, it's a product I can't praise enough.

Alex B
    I did wonder that as you tend to see hok at a lot of places.

it was this colour MAJIK BLUE PEARL BASECOAT :