Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CA, Pictures!

Rides
    Regards the turret tops, mine were at least as bad as that. You can still get the rubbers from Nissan. They're about a fiver. You need to cut a keyhole in the panel and stagger the square bit so that the rubber screws in without tearing, if you see what I mean.

I'll see if I can get some photos of mine today to show you.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Regards the turret tops, mine were at least as bad as that. You can still get the rubbers from Nissan. They're about a fiver. You need to cut a keyhole in the panel and stagger the square bit so that the rubber screws in without tearing, if you see what I mean.

I'll see if I can get some photos of mine today to show you.
    Yeah I hear you there Jonny, when I tried screwing the old ones out they just fell apart

Rides
    I owe you for sending the head to Wardy he's currently building me a low mount manifold ��

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dori_wey View Post
    I owe you for sending the head to Wardy he's currently building me a low mount manifold ��
    Anything to help someone out dude, it's what this forum is about!

Rides
    Here's a pic (kindly supplied by ABT) that shows the keyhole.

You need to cut the keyway then bend the outer edge slightly upwards and the lower edge slightly downwards so that the rubber bung can be screwed in without shearing the rubber thread

The keyhole is cut into the support plate NOT the turret top.

The turret top has a bigger hole cut about the size of a 2p underneath the keyhole. It looks like you have "filled" yours
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 08-03-2014 at 12:38.

Rides
    Cheers Jonny, I haven't filled them in don't worry, still under the plate

Got updated pictures etc to post later, been busy de-rusting, cleaning and painting the inner wings, front panel and engine bay chassis rails today

Rides
    So yesterday i made a start at de-rusting and sealing up most of the front end with POR-15 3 stage treatment and it went a little something like this:

por 15.jpg

admittedly i am a right messy bugger and i got paint everywhere! but at least i got it done, just need to strip and prep the engine bay for paint (the original yellow white colour) and underseal and wax oil the inner arches

Also I'd like to add that working round the loom is a **** why Nissan decided to loop it through the engine bay I will never know!
    Last edited by maff_1991; 09-03-2014 at 22:59.

Rides
    Right i haven't posted on here for a while because I havent had the best couple of months i had my run around car nicked and relationship issues, all is ok now though!

so here is the progress, not much but its getting there:

engine is all built, painted and waiting for powder coated parts to come back and all be bolted back together

now the turbo, i didn't notice the turbo outlet was completely in the wrong place for a 200sx so i went to swivel it round and the actuator started fouling the turbo so after a bit of bracket "reworking" i got it to fit

then i bolted it to the manifold

now for those that want to know this is the powder coat ive gone for:

inlet manifold, cam covers, timing covers and aux pulleys will all be done like this, was after gunmetal but when i sure this textured powder coat it instantly got my attention and when i was told it was hard wearing i was sold

that's about it for now
    Last edited by maff_1991; 05-05-2014 at 21:48.

Rides
    Sorry to read about the car going missing and relationship stuff,but good things are sorted,and any progress is good
    I think you are way ahead of how mines going,I keep getting side tracked with other mini projects
    and nice work on the actuator bracket looks properly done machined etc, engine looks sweet as well

Rides

Project CA, Pictures!

Right I've been really lazy updating this thread! Been waiting for silly little bits like stainless jubilee clips etc etc been paying very fine attention to detail, So... My engine is built! Just have the oil cooler to go on, coil packs and the breather hoses, haven't got. Completely up to date photo so here is what I have!

Splitfire coils ftw, got them out the box like this, think the plate is upside down (used once on a dyno)

Completely stripped the bay for painting in the very near future

Made up new front mount mountings and mocked it all up

Bought a set of mint electric folding mirrors with the switch for £40!! Bargain, haven't got a picture because we all know what mirrors look like!

But.... I also made a very rare purchase

Purchased another subframe, burnt the bushes out with the oxi ready for new energy poly bushes and powder coating I'll get pictures of that as soon as it's done

That's all I can think of at the moment, it's getting there! I want it done by August but September is looking more realistic!
    Last edited by maff_1991; 26-06-2014 at 16:40.

Rides
    Had a little side project too, recently I've just bought a pair of musk turtles that came in a tiny little tank so I gave them an upgrade too lol

Before

After

Not car related but I think it's cool

Rides
    Really like where this build is going guna be a tidy car, where did you get the splitfires from ? What's the plans for the car?

Rides

Project CA, Pictures!

Thanks man!

Got the splitfires from a member on here, but they are readily available from the states but cost a fair bit! (eBay And well known performance dealers)

Plans for the car, drive it regularly, take it to shows, show it some track time, set some 1/4 mile times, just a toy really but it will NOT become a smashed to bits drifter, I like the factory OEM+ look as I call it, and I take pride on how clean the car is as most prefacelifts are either dead or rusty as hell!

Aiming somewhere between 400-450bhp so it should surprise a few people

Rides
    If you want to make yourself jealous, come along to the Goat on the 6th as it looks like john905 will be there in his prefacelift.

Pretty sure I'll be in Precious so can give you a lift if you fancy joining the Essex convoy up there

Rides
    you sirr, are my hero ha. gorgeous build.
    your really really doing a thorough job on this, and it will make the car last another 20-odd years
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by maff_1991 View Post
    Thanks man!

Got the splitfires from a member on here, but they are readily available from the states but cost a fair bit! (eBay And well known performance dealers)

Plans for the car, drive it regularly, take it to shows, show it some track time, set some 1/4 mile times, just a toy really but it will NOT become a smashed to bits drifter, I like the factory OEM+ look as I call it, and I take pride on how clean the car is as most prefacelifts are either dead or rusty as hell!

Aiming somewhere between 400-450bhp so it should surprise a few people
    Yea it's really tidy mines a white kouki it is a bit untidy it's a drifter but full interior like the whole street legal idea. I got a mani built by Wardy same as you by the looks of it yet with a td05 18g 750cc and pon cams. Forged ca. Still a work in progress. But really like where yours is going

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    If you want to make yourself jealous, come along to the Goat on the 6th as it looks like john905 will be there in his prefacelift.

Pretty sure I'll be in Precious so can give you a lift if you fancy joining the Essex convoy up there
    I would Jonny but my spare time is all taken up by the car at the moment, really am trying to crack on with it now, thank you very much for the offer though!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
    you sirr, are my hero ha. gorgeous build.
    your really really doing a thorough job on this, and it will make the car last another 20-odd years
    A hero

My motto is if you're going to do a job, do it properly once so you don't have to take it apart and do it again at a later date!

Hopefully it will last another 20 years because I've had enough of attacking rust and getting burnt using the welder!

Rides
    Just read through all this def looks like a great job and lot of planning going into it really like that manifold if I ever actually get as far as doing a 'proper' build on mine think I will have to go for one of them!

On the inlet I know norris used to do an upgraded one don't think they do anymore but might still have details so someone could fab one up for you.

Plus good to see someone actually giving turtles a proper setup for a change

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismisk View Post
    Just read through all this def looks like a great job and lot of planning going into it really like that manifold if I ever actually get as far as doing a 'proper' build on mine think I will have to go for one of them!

On the inlet I know norris used to do an upgraded one don't think they do anymore but might still have details so someone could fab one up for you.

Plus good to see someone actually giving turtles a proper setup for a change
    Thanks, I'm very happy with the manifold! decided to go with the standard inlet for now , might change it in the future but who knows!