Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 180sx Type X S13 FAP

Rides
    Small update.

Wheels were done a couple of weeks ago but i missed Japfest but wasn't gonna miss modified nationals!

Hopefully everyone approves of what i did, the centres were originally chrome finish in the middle but it wasn't my thing, so i got the centres powdercoated a deep purple colour and the lips polished along with the bolts, and they came up looking like this!

And against the car

I had a couple of issues that put me behind, 1st mainly being i managed to disconnect my toad alarm from the car because the car battery went flat and i stupidly kept pressing the fob thinking it was that and swapped batteries over like a knob . Anyway i re connected it again with the pin so that was all good.

I then fitted the front tension rods i bought from driftworks ages ago, and fitted the front ssr's and had to sit back and laugh because i was gonna need a fair bit of camber! Oh and my coilovers were seized rock solid so no chance of adjustment either so i had to hope they wouldn't rub .

Heres a pic of how the ssr's looked with no camber on.

Bit of camber in

Unfortunately i couldn't fit the rears as one of the wheel nuts was rounded and i ran out of time

So off to modified nationals i went!

And 1 last decent pic of the car on the stand

Updates will be coming thick and fast soon!

Rides
    Looking good mate!
    I was at a family wedding over the weekend and your name popped up. Turns out you know my cousin luke he had said about the idle problem is still there, did you try the idle control valve?

Rides
    Ha small world! I work at BMW with Luke have known him years when I was into Astras lol. I haven't checked it yet it just let the car hunt ATM as I haven't had time to really try and diagnose what's wrong.

Rides
    Stunning!!
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    If I rember rightly you can get the correct gasket for it on eBay.com took a couple of days to arrive and was about a tenner. The idle valve just gets gummed on these and needs blasting through with degreaser. I had to change mine because someone destroyed the adjusting screw.
    Yeah he said he's known you for a while, I even used to live round the corner from where you are. :-)

Rides
    Looking good Adam, defiantly looks better on the other rims

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dubs View Post
    If I rember rightly you can get the correct gasket for it on eBay.com took a couple of days to arrive and was about a tenner. The idle valve just gets gummed on these and needs blasting through with degreaser. I had to change mine because someone destroyed the adjusting screw.
    Yeah he said he's known you for a while, I even used to live round the corner from where you are. :-)
    It sounds like its probably gonna be that then, if you fancy helping me one weekend then that would be much appreciated!

Rides
    Ah dude. The chrome centres are IMO better than the purple didn't you see the pic I posted!?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
    Ah dude. The chrome centres are IMO better than the purple didn't you see the pic I posted!?
    Purple looks good, but the chrome stands out a bit more have to agree with you Ross.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
    I don't wanna stand out lol.

Plus they were knackered from poor treatment by the previous owner/s of the rims and the cost of re-chroming is ridiculous. I love them and they turned out way better than i expected so thats all that matters lol.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    It sounds like its probably gonna be that then, if you fancy helping me one weekend then that would be much appreciated!
    Yes mate just let me know when you have got the gasket and we can get something sorted :-)
    By the way I like the wheels black and purple is a good combo!

Rides
    I feel Purple works great on this car but i dont know if is the pic or the paint of the wheels they look to Dark maybe pic quality.
    Good job adam

Cheers

Rides
    Loving the colour change on the centres

Rides
    It's probably down to shite pics lol.

Once the rears are on I'll get some
    Proper pics with the dslr

Rides
    And for my next update! Exhaust, coilovers, wheels!

I bought some new BC RM coilovers from Jez at Horsham as it was the cheapest price i found! I also finally fitted the rear driftworks arms that i have had sitting around for ages lol.

Whilst i was waiting for them to be delivered i dropped the car off at my mates place for him to build my a brand new exhaust from the elbow back, full straight pipe with shotgun tailpipes! I chose a full 3 inch system from the turbo elbow back to the rear join and a twin 2.5 inch shotgun with staggerd tips out the back

Then i fitted the coilovers and i also fitted the rear driftworks arms i bought, safe to say i'm not happy with the quality and think they fit crap tbh but they're on now so will see how they fare.

I then finally got my rear wheels on thanks to BigDubs for rolling my rear arches to allow me to get them fitted nicely!

This pic shows the exhaust and rear wheels after arches rolling.

Then had the opportunity to give the car a good clean as it was in dire need of it!

Seriously need to get some SSR centre caps, new wheel nuts on the way too!
    Last edited by adamrps13; 24-08-2014 at 14:32.

Rides
    I need motivation do do more things or i might think about getting something else! Suggestions anyone?

Rides
    Drive it and enjoy it mate

Rides
    Do not get something else!! Get more lows and bigger powerz!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dubs View Post
    Do not get something else!! Get more lows and bigger powerz!!
    I need more rolls for more lows lol. I don't get much time to drive it atm, i don't want to take it to work as my shift hours are quite anti-social and i don't want to piss the neighbours off as being straight piped its pretty loud lol, just weighing up options whether i can be bothered or not anymore

Rides
    More rolls isn't an issue, I get moments like this from time to time but I find spending cash helps. Just buy more parts ha ha. As for neighbours surely you work shifts that aren't so antisocial?! Just make sure you take it on those days