Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 180sx Type X S13 FAP

Rides
    your car is awesome dude! great job

Rides
    Car looks awesome Adam. Loving the boost controller aswell :-)

Rides
    Thanks matt, will be getting more bits from you soon to improve it

Yesterday i had it on the rollers to see what base figure i got for next years improvements. It made 251bhp and 239lbft torque holding 0.85 boost. The operator said theres loads of room for more boost if i wanted and that the fueling was spot on and the graph is perfectly smooth. I will post a pic of it when i go back to the car as its still in there!

I'm happy as i mainly wanted to make sure my afr gauge wasn't lying to me and its within 5% of what the dyno's one is reading which sounds good to me. I'll be back at the same place next year to get a new power run done once i've finished with my plans

Rides
    Completely forgot to upload any pics from the dyno day, heres a couple of pics of the graph and the car on the rollers!

Heres a link to one of the video's so you can hear what it sounds like, i don't really like how it sounds it sounds very lazy and almost N/A lol, need to get some more boost through it

Anyway since the dyno day the cars officially off the road, got a huge long list for it and some of my plans are a secret but others will be shown on here

My first job was to remove the subframe and fit new bushes as i wasn't a fan of locking collars, upon doing it i managed to snap a stud so go me!

And i took my turbo off to find it had a little in and out play and the compressor fins were damaged on the front, didn't seem to affect how it boosted tho just strange to see! Anyway its now on my mates car already! While it was off i fitted a full R33 GTR rear brake and handbrake set up as well.

Next on my list is to fit up the adjustable lower arms i've bought and sort the stud out so i can get the subframe back in. Then i need to change my gearbox because the 2nd gear synchro had gone in my one, then its onto the turbo set up, then its onto the interior, then its onto the bodywork!

I'm going to be running SRB 20mm wider non vented front wings as i read the fitment was really good and i want to make the car still look OEM+ but space my wheels out so i can run bigger brakes. My rear arches will be sorted and smoothed a bit better so i can tuck the wheel more, and hopefully have the whole car painted ready for show season!

So if you've got this far i'll be updating weekly with what i'm doing to the car and how my progress is coming along, my plan is to have the car fully finished for the first Japfest and hopefully i'll be arriving with a freshly painted super clean 180sx that is also scene low and running somewhere around 350bhp! Watch this space

Rides
    I thought I recognised this car, and when I got to the number plate change it all clicked. I had a good look around this at Japshow Finale just gone. Absolutely stunning. Very similar to the route that I would have gone down had I of gone for one over the 7. Very glad I found this thread

Rides
    Thanks man much appreciated, i'm not one of those who mod their car for other peoples approval so its nice to see that people still like what i've done and what i'm gonna do lol. Hopefully when its back on the road its gonna be even better!

Rides
    This looks so nice man, looks just how a 180 should!

Rides
    Thank you mate, hopefully will be better in a couple of months

Rides
    Steering wheel pics :P

Rides
    Ok i realise updates have been few and far between recently, a lot has been done, and a lot has been bought thats yet to be done! So i'll start off by saying that some parts won't be posted up until the cars back on the road and had a proper photoshoot But i'll update those that i don't mind people seeing before the cars done

Now over the last few week's since xmas i've acquired loads of parts to sort the car out, heres a brief list;

Grip Royal plumcrazy wheel and ng2 snap off boss
    Japspeed front and rear lower arms (fitted)
    Driftworks front lower brace bars
    Japspeed front tension arm brace
    Super pro polly arb bushes (fitted)
    Polly bush drop linnks
    R33 GTR front and rear brake set up inc drum handbrake.
    S14a gearbox to replace my crunchy one
    Baffled sump
    2-way diff
    Genuine Tial 38mm wastegate
    Wardy88 top mount manifold
    TD05H-20G turbo (kinugawa)
    Some Tomei engine bling
    Purple silicone coolant hose kit
    SRB power 20mm non vented front wings
    ABS delete kit and braided brake lines from DB-Power
    Brand new OEM type x front indicators
    Brand new OEM type x wind deflectors
    Megan racing rear subframe brace
    Hardrace engine and gearbox mounts
    Polly subframe bushes (fitted)
    Decat silencer

So i've got a lot to do before the cars back on the road, hopefully it'll be as good as the picture looks in my head

Rides
    Last update was dope dude! ! I've heard a few friends tell me about those tubby lately - very interested seeing how they perform!

Same goes for the wardy mani

Rides
    Where did you get those kouki indicators from if you don't mind me asking? I ordered the sidelights and indicators from West Covina in October last year and still not heard anything from them...

Cars inspirational for my UK S13 type-x conversion

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Where did you get those kouki indicators from if you don't mind me asking? I ordered the sidelights and indicators from West Covina in October last year and still not heard anything from them...

Cars inspirational for my UK S13 type-x conversion
    I got mine from the nismo shop which i believe is west covina nissan! Took about 3 weeks to be delivered. And thanks for the kind words mate, gives me motivation to sort mine

Rides
    I think they've scammed me... Ordered the parts in July it turns out and paid for them at the time. Then when they got them in stock, instead of posting them to me, they sold them to someone else because I replied late to their email!

Also they're discontinued parts according to the woman I spoke to - Looks like I'm posting in the wanted section ha

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    I think they've scammed me... Ordered the parts in July it turns out and paid for them at the time. Then when they got them in stock, instead of posting them to me, they sold them to someone else because I replied late to their email!

Also they're discontinued parts according to the woman I spoke to - Looks like I'm posting in the wanted section ha
    That's strange, i ordered mine in november and they arrived a couple of days before xmas eve!

Rides
    Another update, not much change to progress because i've been lazy and weathers been crap!

But i dropped my manifold and turbo exhaust housing off at P1 coatings a couple of weeks back to have the manifold and turbo exhaust housing ceramic coated. I opted for the performance black coating which is very smart and its the highest temperature one that's provided. Safe to say it looks fantastic!

Sorry for terrible pic!

Now the turbo and manifold and wastegate are assembled ready to fit onto the car soon!

Rides
    Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?

Rides
    Gorgeous looking car mate. I'm after one of these in a couple of months, I'll be watching this thread with interest!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NathF View Post
    Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?
    More than you can afford pal, DATSUN

Rides
    So after a little discussion with Wardy about the position of the wastegate and we decided that due to there being a lot less room in the S13 bay compared to the s14 bay that he's move the wastegate position to the right which will allow for a nicer route for the downpipe. So this is the outcome, i asked for it to go where the abs module would be and it looks perfect!

Now comes the time to get it taken to my mates place for a new custom exhaust made and a couple of other little bits!