Thread: Bouncy ride

Rides

Bouncy ride

My s15 seems to bounce a lot over even apparently smooth roads, I noticed on the motorway that I was bouncing quite a lot in my seat. Also been told that when I pulled up to work yesterday that the front end looked like it was bouncing up and down as I came to a stop.

This is my first s15 so I'm not sure if it's normal or not. Only had the car a few days.

The car is standard with the exception of s-tune suspension (apparently), the one with yellow springs. I'm wondering if they are responsible or something else like bushes or large/soft sidewalls on the standard profile 16's.

Want to remove some of the bounce but not sure where to start replacing first, wheels/tyres should be getting replaced in a few weeks anyway.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rides
    Sounds like your dampers are toast. Have a look at the dampers for leaked oil. Bounce each corner by hand and you will see which ones dead.
    Stock suspension won't bounce like that let alone stiffer stunes.

Rides
    large profile tyres can add to the bounce, but it is more than likely the shocks need replacing

Rides
    Thought as much, I'll use this as an excuse to get some coilovers. Not looking to buy top end, and been meaning to give Meister R Zeta-R's a try because I only hear good things about them on other cars. Has anyone tried them on an s15? Would love to hear either good or bad reviews before I buy them, which will probably be this weekend as the bouncy ride is doing my nut in

Thanks a lot, mike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rides
    Had zetas on an ep3 type r r n there were terrible. Utter shit to be honest.

Best for money is driftworks cs2s or hsds

Rides
    decided to go with tein's with the edfc, because a tidy second hand set came up, and like all men, i love gadgets :P

Rides
    Changed the standard 16's wrapped in terrible ditch finders for some 18's with goodyear eagle f1's and that sorted the bouncy ride, think the tyres were just shite with jelly sidewalls. Put the teins on anyway since i bought them, the combination of the 2 has conpletely changed the drive of the car. Night and day difference. Cant see any leaks on the nismo s-tunes so i don't think theres actually anything wrong with them in the end.