Thread: Front seat swap.

Rides

Front seat swap.

My drivers seat has some clicks in the fabric so I'll be replacing it. Was going to buy some brides or some Evo recaro's but I might just put a standard seat in for now.

Just wondering if there is any difference in the driver and passenger seat. I can get hold of a passenger seat and they're generally in better nick anyway. Obviously the rails are different but if I got a passenger seat could I just mount it on the drivers rails. There's no difference in the shape of the seats is there?

Thanks.

Rides
    On a universal cobra/recaro you would be fine but a standard passenger seat has the mechanism on the wrong side so putting the seat back etc would men leaning over to grab the handle and your tilt back and fourth would be down near the handbrake, slightly awkward I would imagine....

Rides
    Yeah the mechanism is on the wrong side, plus the lower part of S15 seats are different in shape as well, the outer bolster sticks up more and is at more of an angle along the side as well. It's pretty easy to see the difference in this pic.

Last edited by parky820; 14-05-2014 at 19:39.

Rides
    thanks for clearing that up guys, when you put them side by side like in that pic you can see it. never even thought about the tilt and slide mechanism being on the wrong side, makes sense.

looks like i'll keep an eye out for some aftermarket seats then, its a pain finding the right combination of rails and seats that don't sit too high in an s body.

thanks a lot, Mike.

Rides
    Recaros are a popular choice. I have Corbeau RXR recliners in mine, reasonable at £400 a piece and bolt straight onto bride or juran rails, lovely looking seats and comfortable / supportive too.

Rides
    I've got recaro from evo 8 on s-chassis rails, its good, but a bit too high...way better would be on some aftermarket rails to make position better to drive