Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L16 JAY - Emerald Green S14a Project

Rides

Talking L16 JAY - Emerald Green S14a Project *DEFIS AND NEW WHEELS*

Hi all! I'm Jay and thought I'd get a project up of my Emerald Green 200sx S14a. I bought the car from a member on here and it is a real credit to its previous owners. I've always loved the S14a and after selling my Evo to buy my first house, I was finally in the market for one!

Pic whore my old Evo:

I made the long 5 hour journey up to Scotland to pick her up, the brief spec so far is:
    - S15 turbo
    - 555 injectors
    - PFC with hand commander
    - Apexi filter
    - 3" turbo back exhaust
    - Apex coilovers
    - Ultralite Nurburgring 18" x 8.5" wheels
    - Ksport buckets with Luke harnesses
    - Half cage

I have big plans for the car and love it so far. Here's some snaps I took earlier after a good clean. Thanks for looking

Last edited by L16JAY; 06-07-2014 at 17:26.

Rides
    Alright mate..... looks great a great base to start from.... i bet sean is now quaking in his boots lol...

Glad to have you on board.... are you bringing it along to the next west mids meet?
    Are you steeling the wheels from the evo to slap on the sx?

Ste
    Bringing up a new generation of drifter....
    The futures bright.The future's RED...
    HERE COMES THE PAIN !!

M82 OUK..R.I.P
    T220 FJO..R.I.P
    NEXT ???? ???

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftin Ste View Post
    Alright mate..... looks great a great base to start from.... i bet sean is now quaking in his boots lol...

Glad to have you on board.... are you bringing it along to the next west mids meet?
    Are you steeling the wheels from the evo to slap on the sx?

Ste
    Cheers Ste! Yeh I'll be at the next one mate

Rides
    Top notch jay! Looks fantastic. Emerald green is a lovely colour when it's clean

Rides
    Since i bought mine have to say emerald green is best colour. Looks nice same combo as mine emerald green and black rims.

Rides
    Update:

So when I bought the car, the front wings we very rusty:

I agreed a pair of Chargespeed wings from the seller so this weekend, we fitted them up. Gave them a lick of satin black, job done! Just need some wheels to fill them now lol

...and a few randow shots with Sean-B's Sbod. Finally got round to using the pit in the house I bought too! Sooooo useful:

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice looking car, Genuinely jealous of the pit in your garage
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    The car looks fab and the fitment of those wings looks great, going to have to look for some myself instead of repairing mine

Rides
    So had a few things going on recently. I saved my Defi boost and oil temp gauges from when I sold my Evo and finally got round to fitting them. The old owner had fitted 3 Prosport gauges on the dash which I've now removed. Also had a tidy up in the centre console by installing the AVCR, Wideband and Defi controller. Also installed some red led's in the instrument cluster to match the Defi's. Was hard to a decent pic but here we go:

I also bought these:

Always knew I wanted the style on a stock body so went for the 18" x 9.5" ET26. I fitted up my 225/40/18 Eagle F1's and started tinkering with the fitment. I planned on running then around ET3 ish with spacers so got two sets of 20mm hubcentrics with a few slip on spacers. Then, I whipped the arch roller out:

Unfortunately, the rear arches have had some heavy filler repairs and they have cracked under the roll. So I've had to flat a lot of it back and tack weld for now

Fitment so far:

After much consideration, I think I'm going to have to go down the overfender route. Because of the offset and width, I think 20mm-30mm will be the best option because I would like to stay on stock bodywork. Any more advice on this is appreciated.

Finally, got my private reg on!!

Rides
    Looks great..... does this mean you guys will make the mids meet?

Ste
    Bringing up a new generation of drifter....
    The futures bright.The future's RED...
    HERE COMES THE PAIN !!

M82 OUK..R.I.P
    T220 FJO..R.I.P
    NEXT ???? ???

Rides
    Top work jay, massive shame about the arch though. I'm sure it'll be sorted soon enough . Where've you relocated your hand commander too?

Rides
    Update:

So after weighing up all options with the current state of the arches, I decided to go for overfenders. This seemed the best option with how the bodywork is at the moment. 50mm are readily available but as I'm only running a 9.5" @ ET6, I thought they'd be too much and I would need too much spacer to get the fitment. After speaking to Leon at EPR, I sourced a set of 25mm panels at a bargain price.

Then came the work....cut back outer skin, slit inner skin, welded up, cut back...blah...

This is a section of filler I took out :lol:

Trial fitted...one very productive day

Got some POR15 and seam sealer to get everything sealed up:

Rivets have been ordered, should be able to finish up this week. Big thanks to Rusty and Seb for their help!

Rides
    So the previous owner had rigged up the vac network in some crazy manner that needed to be changed!

Old crazy pipe work and carbon canister:

So we removed the carbon canister, simplified the pipe work from AVCR to turbo. Just need to tweak the setting on AVCR once I find a manual

This is how the car is sitting at the moment. Had all the alignment set up and new Eagle F1s on. Still a lot of work to get the fitment/drivability right. Currently running ET6 all round but will more than likely open the back up a touch. Panels will be going in for paint once I've finished fitting and messing

Rides
    Looking good dude! Did you run 9.5j on the front too? What et are those?

Ry

Rides
    Thanks mate. Yeh 18" x 9.5" ET6 all round

Rides
    Sweet! What's the difference like between the evo and your kouki? I am guessing the evo was faster but I mean specifically ... pros and cons of both? I'd be really interested to hear what you think of the two in comparison

Ry

Rides
    on the placement of your avcr solenoid, i personally wouldn't put it there. There is a few examples of the ignition amp (mounted just below where you have the solenoid) melting.

Tuck it up beside the ABS unit or round the turret to a less exposed area. The solenoids aren't exactly cheap so its not worth the risk imo.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    Sweet! What's the difference like between the evo and your kouki? I am guessing the evo was faster but I mean specifically ... pros and cons of both? I'd be really interested to hear what you think of the two in comparison

Ry
    Two very different cars. There's 100hp difference between the two and I haven't really had chance to drive the 14 real hard yet. It feels a lot more predictable and a lot flatter to the road. The Evo took constant focus in and out of bends and was scary to master but unbelievable once you drove it how it wanted to be driven. Love the grip and gearing on the 14 though!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s200rat View Post
    on the placement of your avcr solenoid, i personally wouldn't put it there. There is a few examples of the ignition amp (mounted just below where you have the solenoid) melting.

Tuck it up beside the ABS unit or round the turret to a less exposed area. The solenoids aren't exactly cheap so its not worth the risk imo.
    Ah OK thanks for the advice there mate. It was fitted by the previous owner so will move it ASAP

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s200rat View Post

That's where the original solenoid is... shouldn't be a problem there..?