Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: L16 JAY - Emerald Green S14a Project

Rides
    Right, bout time I updated this! Been lots going on recently so here goes!

Firstly, the car had been running very poorly pretty much the whole time I owned it. It wouldn't boost properly and was always spluttering under load. Obviously, this could be down to a multitude of things but I decided to make some changes to the boost control. I know people rate them but I never quite got on with the AVCR. For me and my spec, it was just not suitable so I ditched it in favour of a Gizzmo. I tidied the centre console up and fitted the display. Cool little units these!

Next thing was to help the Gizzmo from doing too much work so I decided to go for an adjustable actuator from HKS:

The car was on a VTA from the previous owner which again, I hated. The car would stall when dumping and it made the warm idle very lumpy so I ditched that for a recirculating one. I got myself some bits of pipe work etc. and fitted it up. While checking the boost pipes over, I replaced some tired couplers too

After that, it was like night and day. The car now runs 100% better and is looking stronger than ever. I'm still tweaking the Gizzmo but she's holding 1.15bar nicely now. That'll do for now.

The inner tubs on the car have rotted through after the hammering from the wheels so I found a pair of pre fabricated tubs. Quite pricey but they're gonna save so much time and effort when I crack on in the winter:

Also done some bits inside. Got myself a D1 Spec snap off boss from EPR at Japfest. Looks awesome in black chrome

Another issue I had with the car was the seats. The Ksport buckets were ideal for a track/drift focussed car but for me, they were just too extreme and not suitable. So I spotted the last Zilla recliner pop up. It was in black with red stitching (matches the wheel!) I snapped that up and got another bucket from CGB Motorsport. I then found a pair of Bride SL rails to mount them too. After much grunting and head scratching there were in! I also binned the Luke harnesses in favour of these TRS Magnum ones. Posh!

Then, onto some exterior treats. I managed to bag myself a Zenki rear with spats too from Toni. This is a genuine ABS Nissan JDM rear bumper...shame to paint it!

Whilst that was in paint, it was time for Japfest prep. My good mate Rusty came over and treated the fibreglass panels as they'd become very dull. We flatted them with 2000grit and then he worked his magic with the DA:

So then the bumper came back, the car was treated to a good polish and wax at it was off to Japfest! Pic whore time:

I really feel like I've turned a corner with this car. I never gave it chance because I was always bitter from selling my old car. But now I've really started to warm to it and look forward to keeping it for a good while! Thanks for reading guys. I'll end with this pic I took tonight because I love it

Rides
    Car looks great mate and its always a good feeling to see your hard work come back with a good running car!

What do you think of the zilla seat and was it easy to mount? Also is it comfortable? lol

Rides
    Well over due that update man! Luckily you keep me in the loop off the forum . Looked on point Saturday. Still can't get over the finish on the zenki rear, it's stunning! Glad you've found the love for old Sbod again

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Car looks great mate and its always a good feeling to see your hard work come back with a good running car!

What do you think of the zilla seat and was it easy to mount? Also is it comfortable? lol
    Thanks dude. Yeh it's OK really. Basically a Bride rep so pretty comfy. It was tricky to mount up as I tried to get it as low as possible on the base mount but got there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanR View Post
    Well over due that update man! Luckily you keep me in the loop off the forum . Looked on point Saturday. Still can't get over the finish on the zenki rear, it's stunning! Glad you've found the love for old Sbod again
    Thank you sir! x

Rides
    Awesome. A well needed update. Love the rear end now.

And your arch profile

Rides
    Cheers Sbod dude

Rides
    Little boring update:

Ever since I fitted my Brembos, they've never been right. The pedal feel was horrible and spongy and the ABS was far too unpredictable. After some research, I decided to fit a R33 GTR BMC (BM57) and also remove the ABS. After making up some new lines, giving them a fresh bleed with some 5.1 and fitting my Tegiwa BMC stopper, the braking has now been transformed. The bigger BMC is coping much better with the added fluid volume that the calipers are calling for and the overall stopping power is much more positive. Happy days!

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Jay, did you do all the final brake work in one go or in stages? I'm asking to see if you were able to comment on the effect of the Stopper on it's own, but realise you wouldn't be able to isolate it's effect if all work was done at once. You aiming to make the B. F. meet on the 16th?

Rob.

Rides
    Lovely car mate, the colour combo on the brembos is very nice, it's good to see something other than Red or Black calipers.

Rides
    Glad you got them working properly buddy

Rides
    Glad you sorted it mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BWanderers View Post
    Jay, did you do all the final brake work in one go or in stages? I'm asking to see if you were able to comment on the effect of the Stopper on it's own, but realise you wouldn't be able to isolate it's effect if all work was done at once. You aiming to make the B. F. meet on the 16th?

Rob.
    Erm I fitted the BMC stopper before I did all this but to be fair, there's been that many changes to the braking system now, it's hard to feel any positive effect. I know when I fitted one to my Evo it felt much better. You were straight on the pedal bite rather than chasing an end point if that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by iinnex View Post
    Lovely car mate, the colour combo on the brembos is very nice, it's good to see something other than Red or Black calipers.
    Thanks bud

Glad you got them working properly buddy
    Don't sell me dodgy parts again please

Quote Originally Posted by sx-swifty View Post
    Glad you sorted it mate
    Yeh man, thanks a lot for the advice!

Rides
    I told you they wasn't exactly fantastic on mine you cheeky sod!

Rides
    I told you they wasn't exactly fantastic on mine you cheeky sod!
    Haha I'm only playing you up! It wasn't the brakes that was the problem, it was everything else in the brake system lol

Rides
    Thanks to Opie oils, I did an oil change making full use of the pit in my house

Fitted up my Zenki rear spats. Can't see it much but here we go along with some other pics

Rides
    Awesome as always jay, the last photo looks so sinister!!

Rides
    Real Sports. Real Sbod.

Rides
    Really like this.. looks lovely above!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by L16JAY View Post
    Thanks to Opie oils, I did an oil change making full use of the pit in my house

Fitted up my Zenki rear spats. Can't see it much but here we go along with some other pics

That's Phat with a ph ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    Just a few pics to share from the SXOC Weekender which was awesome!

Not a massive amount of progress happening this month as I've been moving house but I have bought some Kouki side skirts...

Oh, and I also ordered my brand new wheels to be built. 6 weeks to be built and 6 weeks on the water. Gonna take a lot of WORK to get them to fit Watch this space