Thread: Car won't start just before pod... Great.

Rides

Car won't start just before pod... Great.

Sitting in my car last night engine turned off but ignition on listening to music, the lights on the guages shorted out and came back on I thought this was odd and tried to start the car to make sure it was all ok,, sure enough the car won't start.. Won't turn over! The ignition lights are on and everything looks as tho it works fine still, when putting the ket in the car and turning to the on position the fuel pump primes then you go to start the jar and nothing... Doesn't make a sound. The car has the nat's system as is a 14a 1999 but since iv owned the car around 9 months the alarm fob hasn't been used due to diff buttons never had a problem at all. When in the car the red light flashes every three seconds like it usually does when your doing nothing with the key, then when turned it goes out and stays out. Iv checked all the fuses in drivers foot well and all under the Bonet, if any help or advice is out there please help as I'm looking at cancelling trip to Santa pod today after missing work aswel :-/

Cheers zac

Rides
    Starting with the simplest/most obvious question:

"Sitting in my car last night engine turned off but ignition on listening to music" - you sure you've not flattened the battery?

Rides
    100% pal I was only there 5 min right outside my house good job I was where I was really and not sat at pod!!

Rides
    poor bugger feel for ya

Rides
    Allah good lads sorted it it was a wire on the harness that goes to the starter, real higher to get too small with a spade end on!! Cheers anyway!!