View Poll Results: Would you be interested in attending an Irish Weekender type event?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini Irish Weekender 2015 - we need your input

Rides
    Sounds like great fun hopefully I will actually be int the country when it's on really spending more time out of it than in at the min!

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    I'd be up for a gumball-style trip around Ireland or a trackday.

As discussed with you already Clint, the only track I can think of in Ireland that really caters for where the S-bodies really come into their own, their mid-to-high-range power delivery & moderate-to-long gearing is Kirkistown in the North. Mondello as a track is a very heavy 2nd-to-top-of-3rd with maybe one 4th if you're running a 6-speed kind of track; Kirkistown you'll easily see 4th with those long straights & sweeping bends - I'm not sure how drifting would work there but it'd be certainly worth an ask.

Just some food for thought before Mondello's the only option considered for the track-related Mini Irish Weekender idea.

Drifting is a def no go at kirky something to do with the owners.

Only other place might be bishopscourt but know they can be limited on dates, but would be able to drift, grip and drag there so may be an option?

Rides
    Hmmm... so... about that Mini Irish Weekender...

In fairness I would predict given how busy everyone has been I would imagine this won't happen til next year however, no harm in getting the format of it firmed up eh? (Unless someone wants to prove me wrong in which case I'm game!! )

So-far, we've got 2 main options:
    1) 50/50 day in Mondello/Kirkistown with camping etc (like the mainland UK Weekender)
    2) Gumball-style with a lot of driving around the country & camping at some point

We agreed on that much? Any other ideas while we're at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    Thanks for the bump JP, this is something I've been thinking about but honestly I've been flat out with other stuff.

Mondello can be done, but it is expensive and only available on weekdays. That said they can accommodate camping etc, but we'd need to guarantee big numbers to cover costs and that's risky given the numbers at past events, and the take-up for the rolling road day this month.

Gumball style event is cheap to put on and easy to do once there's enough people to help out with organisation etc.

I'm happy to run with either, but my summer is pretty stacked at the moment, i.e. RR day this month, SXOC Le Mans trip next month, UK Weekender in August, so won't really have time to sort it.